tModLoader The Thorium Mod

i literally just noticed this but the life bloom armor is kinda pointless since it will get imediatly replaced by tiki so wouldnt it be better to make it craftable during mech phase?

i literally just noticed this but the life bloom armor is kinda pointless since it will get imediatly replaced by tiki so wouldnt it be better to make it craftable during mech phase?

Trust me. You would prefer the lifebloom over tiki. The heals from minions helps a lot. Plus if you use summoners associaton you can have minions dealing thousands of damage while healing you for the damage you take from the stone. Its really good

Trust me. You would prefer the lifebloom over tiki. The heals from minions helps a lot. Plus if you use summoners associaton you can have minions dealing thousands of damage while healing you for the damage you take from the stone. Its really good

I'm one of those people who can die with sequence-breaking armour and a lifesteal weapon, so I'll take your word for it! `:D

just saying if ur pre mech hardmode fight the destroyer with the grim flayer,adamantite armor (Melee), and warrior emblem... You Are Unstoppable...;)
EDIT: the lifesteal make sure you dont even have to move from where you summoned it :p

:=; i mean im one of those people to. But thats cause i like to fly right through the enemies like an idiot D:

If you’re still taking suggestions...

I’d love to see more Mechanic/Engineer themed equipment (be they steampunk, cyberpunk, atompunk or whatever), for those wanting to make more Gadgeteer Genius or Wrench Wench type characters. Such as turret summons like the frost hyrda but that are actually turrets; as in machine guns, rockets, and/or flamethrowers. They could have the option to make them early and then upgraded as you progress like the Enchanter’s Sword. Making them deal ranged damage would also help separate them from magic to further push the theme.

It could go beyond ‘Turretmancers’ too. Maybe with mechanical mounts, like a mini-mech that shoots at enemies like the scuttle mount? A non-flying, non-laser drill mount? A weaponized Minecart? Upgrading the spudgun to shoot grenades? Wrench weapons? Non-Magic rayguns, or maybe like sonic or tesla guns? Wireless teleporters that work like a long range portal gun? Health dispensers that work like heart statues? Maybe just a servbot pet? A cog shaped yoyo?

I’ve just always felt it weird that, despite having 3 npcs, a full furniture set, and all these fun things with wires dedicated to the mechanically inclined, there’s so little as far as EQUIPMENT goes for the theme. Even armor and vanity-wise pickings are kind of slim; heck the steampunk set doesn’t even match the npc’s getup. But these are just suggestions, do with them what you will. I’m sure I’ll still keep loving the mod even if you completely ignore me lol. `:p

Last edited:

I’d love to see more Mechanic/Engineer themed equipment (be they steampunk, cyberpunk, atompunk or whatever), for those wanting to make more Gadgeteer Genius or Wrench Wench type characters. Such as turret summons like the frost hyrda but that are actually turrets; as in machine guns, rockets, and/or flamethrowers. They could have the option to make them early and then upgraded as you progress like the Enchanter’s Sword. Making them deal ranged damage would also help separate them from magic to further push the theme.

It could go beyond ‘Turretmancers’ too. Maybe with mechanical mounts, like a mini-mech that shoots at enemies like the scuttle mount? A non-flying, non-laser drill mount? A weaponized Minecart? Upgrading the spudgun to shoot grenades? Wrench weapons? Non-Magic rayguns, or maybe like sonic or tesla guns? Wireless teleporters that work like a long range portal gun? Health dispensers that work like heart statues? Maybe just a servbot pet? A cog shaped yoyo?

I’ve just always felt it weird that, despite having 2 npcs, a full furniture set, and all these fun things with wires dedicated to the mechanically inclined, there’s so little as far as EQUIPMENT goes for the theme. Even armor and vanity-wise pickings are kind of slim; heck the steampunk set doesn’t even match the npc’s getup. But these are just suggestions, do with them what you will. I’m sure I’ll still keep loving the mod even if you completely ignore me lol. `:p
This. I like this. Maybe for pre-hardmode it works with special turret minions and robots (that don't do summon damage, but can be buffed as minions or something?) and then in hardmode, there's a variaty of mecha-mounts that they can buff to some degree as well as turret units? The mounts could have weapons similar to the laser-drill mining mount, but of course be combat related and remove your weapon options as a balancing act?

I’ve just always felt it weird that, despite having 2 npcs, a full furniture set, and all these fun things with wires dedicated to the mechanically inclined, there’s so little as far as EQUIPMENT goes for the theme. Even armor and vanity-wise pickings are kind of slim; heck the steampunk set doesn’t even match the npc’s getup. But these are just suggestions, do with them what you will. I’m sure I’ll still keep loving the mod even if you completely ignore me lol. `:p

There should be a turret item it needs 30 iron bars 40 wood and 1 min shark and makes a 2000 hp turret that's good for protecting bases

Actually, let's get a bit more detail in this. This Tinker sorta class would be a hybrid of Melee and Range with a focus on Combat Mounts and Turret Minions. The only limits I can think of is how Turret minions are seperated from the standard minions, thus unsure how you'd make accessories affect them, but here's some general stuff I can picture on this..

> The class would have accessories that add to the maximum of Turret minions, or increase combat damage of combat-based Mounts.
> The class would have damage focus on Range, though some of it's creations could also do Melee damage.
> Some ideas for turrets could include a tiny popgun that fires tennis balls, catapults that throw boulders, pinball bumpers, and turret flamethrowers.
> Mechanized mounds that could be created for the Engineer could start as slower ground-pounders, with Lunar-tier mecha mounts having rapid, near-flight movement and probably insane Anime attack capabilities. To make up for the lack of attack, maybe when in use the various mounts offer enhanced Damage Mitigation per upgrade of them?
> Mount accessories would add buffs when the player is mounted, such as boosted damage, enhanced speed, flight time for applicable mounts, etc etc. Fluffed as enhanced parts?

Some good startpoints for tiering could be:

[Wood] Popgun Turret
[Iron/Lead] Simple walker, attacks with a cannonball.
[Gold/Platinum] Catapult Turrets
[Meteor] Jetpack enabled walker, uses a Starcannon?
[Molten] Inferno Turret, said Flamethrower
[Cobalt/Palladium] First flight walkers, Cobalt uses projectiles and Palladium is a warrior walker with melee capabilities.
[Strange Plating] Strange Bumper (Pinball bumper turret), Hybrid Mecha (perhaps has an alternate right-click melee to go wtih range?)
[Martian] Laser Turret, War of the Worlds Walker
[Lunar] Gigashark (Mounted Megashark!), Lunarium Mecha

Not bad for just pulling it from nowhere, yes? If ya want I can figure out this all in more detail as far as ideas go :3

EDIT: Before someone says balance may be a issue, I has a counterargument. First, these mounts would not be SMALL. I'd argue they should be rather large in comparison to the vanilla mount, making the use of them complicated for a reason to make up for the OPness they can be used for. Second, the class wouldn't have very much in the way of defense for themselves, relying on the turrets or areas they can use the extremely powerful Mecha. And of course, in order to make them from becoming a true whirlwind of death, you can't naturally use the main combat weapons while using these mecha, much like the Laser Drill, so they'd not be as useful as a movement mount for standard classes, who do much better DPS from a Cloud Car or back of a Pigron.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom