MegaMage314 🌳

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So it was revealed how Nintendo's voice chat will work, is it just me or are people blowing this thing out of proportion?
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    Wouldn't be surprised. People do seem to like reacting negatively over almost literally nothing.
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    Apparently the backlash was so bad that Nintendo ended up pushing back their online service from fall of 2017 to sometime in 2018.
    So after playing more of the ARMS testpunch (this time trying out more characters and using normal analog controls), I've learned two things
    Reactions: Vaikyia
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    Nah, you can play with any control scheme: handheld mode, pro controller (which I still don't have) and even with a single joy con. Punching and guarding is done with buttons, and movement is done with the joystick. As far as I can tell, the only thing you can't do with buttons is curve both punches in different directions at the same time.
    Myu
    Myu
    Oh, good. I found the motion controls to be really awkward
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    Yeah, I definitely had a much easier time winning with buttons. In that last demo I actually got two perfect wins, one against a Helix who for reasons unknown went with dual guardians, and one abusing Min Min's unstoppable Dragon arm.
    So, I played ARMS, and it was pretty fun! Not, "My god I need to get this game right now," fun like Splatoon was, but fun nonetheless.
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    Yeah, the character designs are all pretty amazing. The main thing that made it unique to me were the controls, it was pretty tricky getting used to punching and moving around with motion controls.
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    How's it with normal controls?
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    I only got to play for an hour, only used motion controls for that time. The weirdest thing was movement, you use buttons to jump and dash, but in order to actually move you have to tilt both controllers in a certain direction. It definitely worked though, any time I had an issue it was more me getting used to the controls rather than the controls themselves being flawed.
    I got a second pair of joycons and played a few Switch games with my friends, I had a blast playing Mario Kart and Snipperclips with them.
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    Really, why are these things such a pain? The controller grip and the Switch itself work fine, slide it in from the top and hold the button to slide them back out. It's intuitive, it feels oddly satisfying to do, and it's literally impossible to :red: it up. I'd throw all my wrist straps in a drawer to be forgotten forever if they didn't make the joycons just a little more comfortable to hold.
    Mikosovich
    Mikosovich
    I love playing MK8D with my friends. The Switch has been a godsend.
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    Yep, I love the Switch and can't wait for Splatoon and Terraria to come out for it. I still can't stand these wrist straps though...
    Farming Dark Mummies for blindfolds, I've gotten 4 megaphones so far. Can someone teach me how to mod so I can fix this broken game?
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    (btw: not serious about terraria being a broken game, but I am serious about wanting to mod it)
    L
    Lothar92
    hey mate, spent over 6hours farming for celestial shell. from solar eclipse.
    I feel you pain but it will happen eventually set up your afk farm over night if need be?
    may I ask stage of the game your up to? (post golem?) you have an afk farm? send some screen shots and ill try and give some advice tomorrow arvo (AU) EST
    Minecat
    Minecat
    RNG is broken. I killed 616 pixies without a SINGLE megaphone.
    I summoned a pumpkin moon during the lunar invasion and it was followed immediately by a solar eclipse.
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    Huh. I've only ever played on private and building servers, so I wouldn't know.
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    And now Pirates. I suppose this is what I get for pausing the game to watch YouTube.
    E X P A N S I O N P A C K
    E X P A N S I O N P A C K
    small are really common, big is popular, but mediums are very rare, and appreciate them while you have them, they don't last very long, which is unfortunate, because they are the most fun in my opinion.
    index.php
    Alright I give up, you can keep your stupid wings Duke Fishron
    Oh my god my laptop actually worked what the actual :red:.
    Reactions: FlyKip
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    I've been trying to get the screen turn on for two weeks, pressing the power button over and over for hours and being bored out of my mind after I had finally given up...

And then I try it this morning and it just turns on like everything's fine and there was never a problem in the first place.
    Megamind is a seriously underrated movie.
    Just watched the trailer for Minecraft on the Switch, reminded me of how much I can't wait for Terraria to come out on this thing.
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    Terraria is superior to it in every way possible.

That's why most, if not, all my pixel art with Minecraft blocks involves Terrarian entities... In gMod.
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    Yeah, and being able to play it anywhere without the pits and downfalls of the mobile and 3ds versions would be awesome.
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    It's also slightly untouched territory in the realm of MC pixel art, seemingly solely practiced in circles of peeps here and there.

Whatever the case, I regard it as the best current 2D platformer on whatever system it graces. The freedom, man, the freedom. Granted, many titles before it came out, but it pulled out the stops and- It's still pretty great. Still pretty great.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom