IC Random Journey in The Universe (IC)

Search Party:
-------------------------

"I have some water bottles in my storage portal. Some for actual drinking, some for storage."
"...I'll just take us there. Anyone want to object, make your peace now."

Dark starts leading the search party to the pond.
*As the search party arrives at the pond, Mela takes a seat on the grass and stares at her reflection in the water briefly.*

*Shortly after, Mela reaches to the underside of her left knee to click a button, which detaches her prosthetic leg from her body. She then picks the leg up and starts doing maintenance on it while she has downtime.*

Search Party:
Dark walks over to the pond to glance over it a moment, before immediately conjuring a swirling purple portal next to him with a wave, taking out a couple of plastic water bottles from it. He starts handing out water bottles, starting with Mela.

Vinessa, meanwhile, just settles down by the water, growing roots into it to start absorbing it.

Search Party:
Dark walks over to the pond to glance over it a moment, before immediately conjuring a swirling purple portal next to him with a wave, taking out a couple of plastic water bottles from it. He starts handing out water bottles, starting with Mela.

Vinessa, meanwhile, just settles down by the water, growing roots into it to start absorbing it.
*Mela takes the water Dark hands to her. She doesn't question the portal.*

"Thank ya."

*Mela... then briefly inspects the water bottle, not having seen one before. She figures out quickly how to open it, though, and puts her leg down to open the cap and take a drink, before putting the water bottle to her side, not putting the cap back on.*

*She picks her Wulfrum leg back up, and pulls open the metal underside of her foot, revealing the wiring inside, a faint blue magic coursing through the wires.*

Search Party:
*Mela takes the water Dark hands to her. She doesn't question the portal.*

"Thank ya."
"You're welcome."
Dark then heads off for a moment to hand out the water bottles as stated earlier.

*Mela... then briefly inspects the water bottle, not having seen one before. She figures out quickly how to open it, though, and puts her leg down to open the cap and take a drink, before putting the water bottle to her side, not putting the cap back on.*

*She picks her Wulfrum leg back up, and pulls open the metal underside of her foot, revealing the wiring inside, a faint blue magic coursing through the wires.*
Not long afterwards, Dark eventually walks back over to just stand nearby.
"...leg still needs fixing up, huh?"

Vinessa, meanwhile, looks over at the rest of the group now, done with absorbing water into her roots.

Last edited:
Search Party:

Not long afterwards, Dark eventually walks back over to just stand nearby.
"...leg still needs fixing up, huh?"

Vinessa, meanwhile, looks over at the rest of the group now, done with absorbing water into her roots.
*Mela looks up at Dark and shakes her head.*

"Nah. It's not broken, just needs to be maintained every so often. The person who made it for me said that I'd need to check on it's insides the more it ages, make sure no buildup of either gunk that managed to get in through the hinges or magic that escaped it's wiring binds ends up stopping the thing when I don't expect it. It'd be completely silent, too, which is why checking in on it often is so important."

*She turns her attention back to the prosthetic and reaches into the leg, taking out pinches of dirt, gravel, and sand before spreading them onto the ground beside her.*

"Fortunately, there doesn't seem to be any magic buildup at the moment, because I do not have the tools to fix that at the moment."

*Mela looks back at the water. For a moment, her neutral expression turns a bit melancholic.*

"...or the person to."

*Mela looks back at the leg, her expression returning to normal, and starts to close up the sole of the prosthetic.*

Search Party:
*Mela looks up at Dark and shakes her head.*

"Nah. It's not broken, just needs to be maintained every so often. The person who made it for me said that I'd need to check on it's insides the more it ages, make sure no buildup of either gunk that managed to get in through the hinges or magic that escaped it's wiring binds ends up stopping the thing when I don't expect it. It'd be completely silent, too, which is why checking in on it often is so important."

*She turns her attention back to the prosthetic and reaches into the leg, taking out pinches of dirt, gravel, and sand before spreading them onto the ground beside her.*

"Fortunately, there doesn't seem to be any magic buildup at the moment, because I do not have the tools to fix that at the moment."

*Mela looks back at the water. For a moment, her neutral expression turns a bit melancholic.*

"...or the person to."

*Mela looks back at the leg, her expression returning to normal, and starts to close up the sole of the prosthetic.*
Dark, keeping his eye on Mela, raises a brow at the shift in expression, but shrugs, keeping his face neutral, concern creeping up on his face slightly.

“…magic buildup, eh?”
Dark sits down by them.
“…I might be able to help with that. I can work magic…though, already I can feel it’s not a magic I’m familiar with.”
Dark raises a hand to conjure up a small wisp of flame in it, which he immediately crushes into nothing.

Search Party:

Dark, keeping his eye on Mela, raises a brow at the shift in expression, but shrugs, keeping his face neutral, concern creeping up on his face slightly.

“…magic buildup, eh?”
Dark sits down by them.
“…I might be able to help with that. I can work magic…though, already I can feel it’s not a magic I’m familiar with.”
Dark raises a hand to conjure up a small wisp of flame in it, which he immediately crushes into nothing.
*Mela watches Dark create and crush the wisp, neither impressed or disappointed,*

"Huh, neat. I'm not too versed on magic myself, I'm more so just parroting what Pe- what one of my friends told me about my leg."

*Mela snaps the hinges of the sole back in place, and picks her leg back up and reattaches it, slowly this time.*

"I thought Vinessa said you used two swords in combat, though. Is your magic more suited for enhancing your abilities?"

<Then again, he could also just be a swordsmage, like Jess.>

*She takes a drink of her water while waiting for Dark's response.*

Search Party:
*Mela watches Dark create and crush the wisp, neither impressed or disappointed,*

"Huh, neat. I'm not too versed on magic myself, I'm more so just parroting what Pe- what one of my friends told me about my leg."

*Mela snaps the hinges of the sole back in place, and picks her leg back up and reattaches it, slowly this time.*

"I thought Vinessa said you used two swords in combat, though. Is your magic more suited for enhancing your abilities?"

<Then again, he could also just be a swordsmage, like Jess.>

*She takes a drink of her water while waiting for Dark's response.*
"It's more a compliment to my swordfighting."
Dark draws one half of his green claymore, still worn with age, with a couple of cracks here and there, running his hand along it. It certainly still looks sharp though, and quite strong for its age.

"I can set my swords on fire, I can make fireballs and lightning bolts. Though some of that magic stuff takes a second to cast."
Dark waves it a bit in front of himself as he demonstrates, surrounding it in a flaming aura.
"Though technically, as a shifter, I can manipulate any magic around me. Don't see why the magic your...prosthetic leg uses would be any different, though..."
He then shakes off the flame, flinging it into the air where it dissipates harmlessly as embers falling back down to the ground, before sheathing his sword.

<Obviously they're not keen on naming this friend of theirs though...>
<Not sure what's up with that if they're probably from a different world though. But, eh. Not like I don't have my own things to not be open about.>

Arentine looks at his reflection in the pond, his helmet-covered head still conveying no emotion.

After a while he walks to a nearby tree, sitting down with his back against it.

He draws his straight sword, inspecting the thin blade, holding it up to the light and looking for any damage..

Search Party:
Arentine looks at his reflection in the pond, his helmet-covered head still conveying no emotion.

After a while he walks to a nearby tree, sitting down with his back against it.

He draws his straight sword, inspecting the thin blade, holding it up to the light and looking for any damage..
Vinessa watches over Arentine for a moment...

And after a bit, he sheathes the blade, putting his hands limply in his lap and dipping his head in thought, his armor quietly clanking with each movement.

Search Party:
And after a bit, he sheathes the blade, putting his hands limply in his lap and dipping his head in thought, his armor quietly clanking with each movement.
Vinessa, after a moment, takes one of the - no doubt - spare water bottles Dark definitely took out earlier that Dark set down next to him with a vine, heading over to Arentine to offer them a water bottle.
"...you want one?"

Search Party:

Vinessa, after a moment, takes one of the - no doubt - spare water bottles Dark definitely took out earlier that Dark set down next to him with a vine, heading over to Arentine to offer them a water bottle.
"...you want one?"
He silently looks at it before extending an armored hand with a clanking sound.

“Sure.”

“Thank you.”

Search Party:

Vinessa hands it over, trying to get another read on Arentine, watching over him carefully.
His body language is so entirely calm that the almost audible screaming and crying, along with the laughter and talking coming from him paves a stark contrast to his stillness.

He slowly reaches up to remove his helmet.

His face is youthful, very thin, covered in scars and marks, but youthful. His skin is an ashy grey.

He looks at them with hollow, soulless eyes, still void of emotion as he unscrews the bottle cap and drink the entire thing, offering the bottle back to Vinessa before securing his helmet back on his head with the other hand, the unsettling aura coming from him dampening significantly.

Search Party:
His body language is so entirely calm that the almost audible screaming and crying, along with the laughter and talking coming from him paves a stark contrast to his stillness.

He slowly reaches up to remove his helmet.

His face is youthful, very thin, covered in scars and marks, but youthful. His skin an ashy grey.

He looks at them with hollow, soulless eyes, still void of emotion as he unscrews the bottle cap and drink the entire thing, offering the bottle back to Vinessa before securing his helmet back on his head with the other hand, the unsettling aura coming from him dampening significantly.
Vinessa, slightly unnerved but not showing it by keeping her face even, takes the bottle, turning away quickly to move, almost as if she saw something she should not have seen.
<...>
<Of all the faces I've read, that...his face just...seems wrong...>

Vinessa puts the water bottle back with the other water bottles, pausing a moment to take a deep breath.
<..maybe I should try to work the guy a bit more, get him figured out...>
<Something doesn't feel right, but...can't be sure...>

After a moment, she heads back to Arentine to relax by his side, sighing as she unwinds a bit.
"...um."
"So."

Search Party:

Vinessa, slightly unnerved but not showing it by keeping her face even, takes the bottle, turning away quickly to move, almost as if she saw something she should not have seen.
<...>
<Of all the faces I've read, that...his face just...seems wrong...>

Vinessa puts the water bottle back with the other water bottles, pausing a moment to take a deep breath.
<..maybe I should try to work the guy a bit more, get him figured out...>
<Something doesn't feel right, but...can't be sure...>

After a moment, she heads back to Arentine to relax by his side, sighing as she unwinds a bit.
"...um."
"So."
“I take it you want to know about the voices?”

He says this as he calmly finishes securing his helmet.

Back
Top Bottom