terraspark boots aren't worth it

fork_head

Terrarian
Breaking thin ice is useless, especially in hardmode when I have no fall damage (I could just grapple if I somehow fell pre hm)

Lava resistance: If you're making a hellevator, just use bombs; If you're mining hellstone drink an obi pot which you can obtain from breaking pots, 7 seconds < 6 minutes of resistance; and if you run into some lava whilst mining, just dig around it. Other than digging third tier ores after this point, why are you even in this layer?

3-4mph faster, who cares?

Water walking, just fly over the water, grapple if needed. You'll probably save time by doing this…

And amphibian boots are superior!!! They boost your jump speed which increases ascension speeds with wings/ balloons, allowing you to reach max flight faster + auto jump is surprisingly useful if you run out of flight and need to immediately fly up again in order to evade the attack

The devs are aware of this problem already considering how many people have said this by now. Also, I've tweeted Red about it 2 seperate times and he liked my post both times so they're definitely aware and I hope my proposed buff of 38 mph speed gets through and full lava immunity.

I personally think Terraspark Boots are worth it (I mean you get exactly what it says you'll get) but could certainly use a buff without becoming overpowered.

Everyone wants them to be buffed to be viable in combat though which I personally think is lame. I mean we have Amphibian Boots for a reason.
If I were to buff them, I'd give them immunity to all environmental hazards, like spikes, thorns, cobwebs, and maybe traps but not sure.

No, they are absolutely worth it. They go ABSOLUTELY HARD on vanity. No one can say Terraspark boots dont look lit.
They do indeed look lit. It's part of the reason why the Terraspark Boots are my favorite item. But since fighting bosses is a large part of the game for a lot of people I say they should still get 38 mph speed. The 38 mph speed would also help with traversing the world a little bit.

I find them rather fun to acquire actually. And they so are worth the effort. On paper its not all that much but in actual use I find the difference rather noticeable.

Breaking ice isnt a huge issue unless your in Expert or Legendary, in which it can be rather punishing. Plus the fact that without any sequence breaking whatsoever you can still get them pre hardmode means no need to need to build a hell bridge whatsoever! And if you go through the effort to get some Lava Walkers why not also upgrade them too? Those Jays are also un-creasable so no need to worry while fighting bosses.

Me who only uses pogo stick + double jump accessories on GFB (It's actually rly effective tbh):
So you're just bouncing around like my mom when she got a role in a LARP that she really wanted (She got to play as Doctor Who and she was literally a bouncy ball in a human shape that day)?

They do indeed look lit. It's part of the reason why the Terraspark Boots are my favorite item. But since fighting bosses is a large part of the game for a lot of people I say they should still get 38 mph speed. The 38 mph speed would also help with traversing the world a little bit.
Well, I think there should be an upgrade for Terraspark boots. They should make it look as much as cool as the normal terraspark, though. I do agree with the original post and you, however. what Terraspark boots grant isnt really worth it in terms of combat.

So you're just bouncing around like my mom when she got a role in a LARP that she really wanted (She got to play as Doctor Who and she was literally a bouncy ball in a human shape that day)?
Yes. I also used the armor that's from Queen Slime when I was fighting the mech bosses, and when I fought Moonlord, I just cheesed him with a minecart.

Is this a joke?
If not... I disagree. Many of the game's bosses would be completely unbeatable for me with out at least lightning boots. And the ice scates aren't about the fall damage, they're about not landing in freezing water or a hole that's difficult to escape from. I hate traversing through liquids, but the terraspark boots let me walk on top of all of them. And the lava waders help you not die in lava. The terraspark boots allow you to have the benefits of all these items in one single accessory slot.

Last edited:
really, i think the only bad part about these things is having to find the ice skates. they're otherwise the ultimate qol accessory.

terrasparks are basically mandatory in for the worthy-style difficulty seeds where the wall of flesh's arena needs to be "hell but you terraformed half of it" because it means more of the arena floor can be lava.

they also make it viable to coat high-modifier skeletron prime arenas in a thin lava layer to prevent spawns.

the fact that its a nice item that's really nice to get but you don't need to get it means its a good item. they feel optional, and in a game with long crafting trees that's a nice feeling to have.

Many of the game's bosses would be completely unbeatable for me with out at least lightning boots, and the ice scates aren't about the fall damage, they're about not landing in freezing water or a hole that's difficult to escape from. I hate traversing through liquids, but the terraspark boots let me walk on top of all of them. And the lava waders help you not die in lava. The terraspark boots allow you to have the benefits of all these items in one single accessory slot.
what does any of this have to do with bosses

ice skates are completely irrelevant, you are NEVER fighting a boss over thin ice or anything

3-4 mph over amphibian boots is not really significant... other than for wall of flesh maybe?

again, the only time where water walking/lava resist is useful for a boss is wall of flesh, but like, just use a water walking pot lol, you'd progress through the game much faster by just using a potion once than grinding for the whole damn accessory

Breaking thin ice is useless, especially in hardmode when I have no fall damage (I could just grapple if I somehow fell pre hm)

Lava resistance: If you're making a hellevator, just use bombs; If you're mining hellstone drink an obi pot which you can obtain from breaking pots, 7 seconds < 6 minutes of resistance; and if you run into some lava whilst mining, just dig around it. Other than digging third tier ores after this point, why are you even in this layer?

3-4mph faster, who cares?

Water walking, just fly over the water, grapple if needed. You'll probably save time by doing this…

And amphibian boots are superior!!! They boost your jump speed which increases ascension speeds with wings/ balloons, allowing you to reach max flight faster + auto jump is surprisingly useful if you run out of flight and need to immediately fly up again in order to evade the attack
Ive read many articles about this and im going to agree with you and the more posts that are on this topic the more the devs are going to notice it and fix it keep the good work up

Back
Top Bottom