terraspark boots aren't worth it

well in theory there is only so much water or lava naturally contained in a world, however infinite water/lava bucket items make that false and are also not super commonly obtained.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 2.25.33 PM.png

well in theory there is only so much water or lava naturally contained in a world, however infinite water/lava bucket items make that false and are also not super commonly obtained.
This argument has never made sense to me; have YOU ever run out of it? You certainly  could, but it would take so ridiculously long that it's really only a consideration for Skyblock challenges, which are completely optional and entirely self-imposed. I cannot fathom how much time and materials you'd have to spend to run out of lava and water in a normal world.

Last edited:

This argument has never made sense to me; have YOU ever run out of it? You certainly  could, but it would take so ridiculously long that it's really only a consideration for Skyblock challenges, which are completely optional and entirely self-imposed. I cannot fathom how much time and materials you'd have to spend to run out of lava and water in a normal world.

not to mention with like 1 bucket and 5 blocks you'll have infinite

yea thats also true. I think I had an easier time filling the entire world with water than I did removing all of it

I don't like the hassle of placing asphalt plus its not like I'm gonna build a bridge for a small cave that I'm going to explore once
and I mine hellstone to sell it its very easy to get and sells well
also after ML I still wear them because they look cool and are very QoL

I don't like the hassle of placing asphalt plus its not like I'm gonna build a bridge for a small cave that I'm going to explore once
and I mine hellstone to sell it its very easy to get and sells well
I’m not gonna lie, 4 mph over Fairy, Dunerider, and Amphibian boots is barely anything for exploration and if you’re dodging bosses so narrowly with it that the 4 mph is actually going to matter then you’re probably doing something wrong and are better off just using a mount for 0 accessory slots which travels significantly faster than all boots in the game.
As for the hellstone thing… refer to this guide for how to get infinite money way way earlier in the game (post-eye of cthulhu) and faster than with hellstone and with no RNG involved either.

I mainly play classic so bosses aren't very quick
and yes after Plantera I usually craft the MNG (master ninja gear)
and wings allow me to dodge EASILY. for most battles I'm in the air

I mainly play classic so bosses aren't very quick
and yes after Plantera I usually craft the MNG (master ninja gear)
and wings allow me to dodge EASILY. for most battles I'm in the air
…so you don’t actually use terraspark at all even outside of the underworld and effectively just waste their slot? Terraspark’s movement increase does not affect wings unless you invest in movement speed enough that you probably didn’t need terraspark to run fast anyway.

…so you don’t actually use terraspark at all even outside of the underworld and effectively just waste their slot? Terraspark’s movement increase does not affect wings.
idk man have you tried mixing fledgling wings with Terraspark boots
as by simply doing that the fledgling wings are like 99999x better
do a comparison, one with tspark & fledgling and one without tspark

You can do the same thing with lightning or even spectre boots, which are much easier to get (plus it's not even that much better if at all when compared to horseshoe balloon & spectre+ boots)

Plus fledgling wings are worse to get (outside of journey mode) than even terrasparks, they definitely got over-nerfed imo

Yes, and it was worse than just using the boots by itself. Fledgeling wings cap your vertical speed and as a result are an awful, awful item that actually nerfs your vertical speed by capping it while removing boot sprinting from the air. Here’s a a height comparison which used spectre+ featherfall with and without fledgeling wings. This comparison was done ages ago and fledgeling have been NERFED since then.
1713992095502.png

I almost always get fledgling wings pre-boss as they're VERY useful imo
whether it be naturally, through fishing, or multiple worlds
mix Fledgling wings, Terraspark Boots, and a Bundle of Balloons and BAM! you can reach space

I almost always get fledgling wings pre-boss as they're VERY useful imo
They are not. Please refer to the image I posted above. This applies if you add balloons to the boots + wings as well. Wings nerf bundle of balloons by capping their speed too.

I'll restate something that I briefly mentioned earlier about horizontal speed in the air with wings:

Horizontal top speed when flying with wings uses either your run speed or the wings' (horizontal) flight speed, whichever is higher. Here's the horizontal speeds for every pair of wings:
Fledgling: 16 mph
Angel, Demon: 32 mph
Jetpack, Hoverboard, Nebula Mantle, Vortex Booster (when not hovering): 33 mph
Fairy, Fin, Frozen, Harpy: 34 mph
All developer wings (including hovering), Betsy's wings (when not hovering): 36 mph
Bat, Bee, Butterfly, Flame, Leaf, Bone, Spectre, Mothron, Beetle, Steampunk, Festive, Spooky, Tattered Fairy: 38 mph
Empress, Fishron, Celestial Starboard (when not hovering): 41 mph
Solar, Stardust: 46 mph
Hoverboard (hovering): 52 mph
Betsy's wings, Nebula Mantle, Vortex Booster (hovering): 63 mph
Celestial Starboard (hovering): 83 mph

Note that for almost every pair of wings, a run speed of 34 mph from lightning boots (or better) has zero improvement over amphibian/dunerider/spectre boots' 30 mph while in the air.

I don't think I can empathize with obsidian being a limited resource. Where on Earth are you mining obsidian that doesn't give you hundreds or even thousands of it? Divert a big pool of water into your hellevator and let it fall down into a big pool of lava and you have more than you can ever need, and it only takes about 5 minutes.
... *it is clear they did not realize this.
But let's get back on topic.
Water Walking potions were another argument.
They need shark fins, which are a) hard to grind, and b) needed for the megashark

... *it is clear they did not realize this.
But let's get back on topic.
Water Walking potions were another argument.
They need shark fins, which are a) hard to grind, and b) needed for the megashark
That's true, and it's about the only good use I can see for them; personally, I prefer being  in the water with Flipper Potions since it makes all the enemies and projectiles around me much slower while I'm not inhibited, but I can certainly see the appeal of treating it like a player-only platform. If you don't find a Shark Statue, getting fins for the potion can be a pretty nasty grind; Water Walking isn't an effect I personally think is valuable, but if you do, and are willing to get Terraspark Boots for that effect, I can see that.

Once you get a shark statue though, you can get the fins by the dozen, not to mention that you have to find the Water Walking Boots in the first place.

That's true, and it's about the only good use I can see for them; personally, I prefer being  in the water with Flipper Potions since it makes all the enemies and projectiles around me much slower while I'm not inhibited, but I can certainly see the appeal of treating it like a player-only platform. If you don't find a Shark Statue, getting fins for the potion can be a pretty nasty grind; Water Walking isn't an effect I personally think is valuable, but if you do, and are willing to get Terraspark Boots for that effect, I can see that.

Once you get a shark statue though, you can get the fins by the dozen, not to mention that you have to find the Water Walking Boots in the first place.
Water walking boots may be hard to find, but they have infinite duration. I prefer that to a continuous grind.

first off, as others pointed out, spectre boots literally do that

second of all why are you even using fledgling wings? they're insanely rare, they suck, and literally any other wing is better

I guess none of this really matters on classic mode though

Back
Top Bottom