Terraria Community Forums

Leinfors
Leinfors
The 1.3.x updates have been difficult from a technical perspective, especially 1.3.1 and 1.3.5. They were important because they expanded the accessibility of the game to people who weren't previously players; this may not always feel important to veteran players, but things like localization and Gamepad support were some of our most desired features.
Leinfors
Leinfors
You don't see the demand for it so much here on TCF, because TCF is primarily populated by veteran players, but things like localization expand the game's accessibility to millions of players, which is pretty important in the grand scheme of things.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
I'd say something else is going on here and I'll just say this: It's not the dev's fault if they supposedly release something that fails to live up to the hype. At least, and in this case, not all the time.

Expect only what they tease in spoilers and nothing more. Especially as they have other game(s) in the works.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
In short, don't expect a whole lot from Re-Logic at this point. You're only going to lead yourself to disappointment in the end, always.
Vaikyia
Vaikyia
Not sure where they got the idea these technical updates were going to be anything super-major as revamping an entire combat system, although even I had hopes for something big when Red came back I was pretty sure by the small spoilers we got that it was silly to think they'd add something so massive in a 1.3.x update.
neoselket
neoselket
I meant that i didn't expect the devs to do much in the way of quality of life changes, such as fixing wings progression, stupidly rare(and mostly useless) biome chest weapons, almost no flails or spears lategame, other balance changes, etc.
Leinfors
Leinfors
I can't necessarily vouch for the other ones, but wing progression is one of my personal pet peeve projects that I've been fighting for adamantly.

Biome chest weapons is a tricky one because, once upon a time, they were perfectly fine. They've just been left behind once they were no longer top tier, and I'm not really sure how to remedy that. Can't really buff them (well, maybe the weaker ones).
neoselket
neoselket
Making them easier to get would be a huge step forward. Also, everything except the vampire knives is way underpowered.
Leinfors
Leinfors
I disagree on the subject of Scourge, I think its useful for when you get it.

Piranha Gun is weak and always has been. Frost Hydra is debatable, the 1.3.4 update sort of throws it into flux.

I've never really "made Rainbow Gun work" in practice, so I'd defer to others on that point.
neoselket
neoselket
The rainbow gun's usetime is really slow, and it only lasts 10 seconds, so it has to be constantly recast to be useful at all. I'd just increase the speed and decrease the damage slightly. As for the scourge, it has less DPS than the vampire knives, no lifesteal, and is only available(rarely) post plantera.
neoselket
neoselket
Things like the flairon or terra blade are WAY better than it, heck, even the death sickle is better. Piranha gun definitely needs a buff, and frost hydra either needs more damage or faster fire rate.
Eli10293
Eli10293
PVP is completely broken considering just how much of a lack of skill you need to have. It is usually just projectile spam nowadays
four plus four
four plus four
The scourge is actually not bad, with a single shot that either hits an enemy or the ground you get multiple homing things. It may not be as good as the vampire knifes or the flairon at DPS up close but it can fire farther. I'd call it better then the terra blade and death sickle for the homing.
four plus four
four plus four
The others... I don't remember most the time to use items that stay around for a bit of time, like clouds or rainbows. Sentries are a place it and forget about it, with the hydra being the third or so best maybe? Haven't done much of the old ones army. The piranha gun going straight to an enemy after killing it and staying on them can be good, but it could be buffed a bit.
neoselket
neoselket
Homing doesn't equal a good weapon, just look at the old possessed hatchet. It's(the scourge) a fun weapon to use, but the low damage means it takes a distasteful amount of time to kill enemies.
four plus four
four plus four
True enough, homing weapons do not equal a good weapon, but low damage is wrong. The scourge has more then double the damage of the vampire knives, and even if you consider the homing parts being 60% damage of the scourges base it'd still do more then knifes in base damage. Which means if you have damage boosting accessories/armor you get higher damage then the knives.
four plus four
four plus four
You also need to remember that there aren't many homing melee weapons, and even the ones that are there they have less possible range as the scourge. The scourge may not be as good as the vampire knives to many, but it's still one of the best biome chest weapons.
neoselket
neoselket
The flairon has way more damage than the scourge, more projectiles, is easier to get, and is faster. The terra blade has at least as much range as the scourge and fires faster. Also, the scourge still needs to hit something for the homing to take effect, which harms it's usefulness.
neoselket
four plus four
four plus four
Well, that's technically correct if you're only dealing in base damage, but... You also have to consider damage buffs. For example, if your accessories/armor increase you by 50% melee damage, the scourge deals 32 extra damage, while the vampire knives only 14/15. Also with the higher damage defense is not as much a problem. Two, the homing things deal 60%, not 50%, which means at base damage they'd deal 38, not 32.
Back
Top Bottom