Search results for query: *

• Users: Dapling
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Dapling

Weapons & Equip Treehugger, the Gentle Axe

This is a small suggestion but one I would like to see in the game. Here are the stats and tooltips of the Treehugger, the axe which can’t harm trees and is meant for the most efficient “tree shaking” (which is what I call hitting trees with an axe so that they drop their fruits without trying...
  2. Dapling

Game Mechanics The Problems with Damage Variance and a possible solution.

I would like to preface this by stating that I do not want to remove damage variance outright, and that is not what this suggestion will be about. Damage variance is one of the oldest parts of this game and I do not expect the developers to make such a radical change to a mechanic this old so...
  3. Dapling

Threading: Yet another way to shimmer infinite money.

It's been a while since the super duper fast way of getting infinite money by shimmering timers was patched, hasn't it? Anyway, I found another way. It isn't as fast as the old method, but it should suffice. What you'll need: A loom The Dryad A mushroom biome. Access to Shimmer What can help...
  4. Dapling

Language Pack The Derplore Bestiary!

Hello, it sure has been a while since I last posted anything significant here. I was working on this for around 2 and a half years and I'm pretty excited to round out the Derplore with this custom bestiary! I know Ask a Derpling Anything and the Terrarian History are kinda dead now as a...
  5. Dapling

**REPORTED** Critter Shampoo fails to work on stardust dragon while a Finch is summoned

Pretty self explanatory bug. The Finch Minion makes Stardust Dragon undyeable with critter shampoo while both are out. I tried unequipping and re-equipping both the dye and shampoo and changing the order I summoned the two minions, but nothing seemed to serve as a workaround. I don't have any...
  6. Dapling

NPCs & Enemies The Banner Baron: a Torch God style invasion event!

This suggestion is meant to both meant to reduce especially long winded grinding and add immense potential for adventure maps, with the minor bonus of being able to "build your own invasion" in a way. This event can vary wildly in difficulty but has a suitable reward for it. To instigate it...
  7. Dapling

Other Literature The Derplore: A Terrarian History

This is meant to be a sort of "alternative canon" which sets up the world of Terraria for the player's adventure. It's written to be a sort of "historical account" though of course it was canonically wrote by a Derpling so there may be some bias or other subjective matter there. A lot of...
  8. Dapling

I Need Help Finding Some Sprites.

I'm trying to make all of the blue parts of the ingame UI/HUD green, but I'm having trouble actually finding a lot of the things I need to change. If I actually knew which files I needed to extract, the rest of the work would be easy, but again, I can't find them. It's very apparent ingame so...
  9. Dapling

Items Rotten Eggs should completely ignore NPC defense.

This item is used as a sort of "friendly fire" item for killing NPCs. It served this purpose well for a while, but once 1.4 hit, NPCs now gain more and more defense as bosses are killed and it makes rotten eggs almost worthless for this purpose. I'm not even in hardmode yet in my current...
  10. Dapling

Twilight hair dye is simply not working with familiar wig.

I'm wearing the familiar wig with twilight hair dye and it seems completely broken, failing to alter my hair in any way: Here is what it looks like when I unequip the familiar wig. (I'm using a private texture pack I made which recolors some of the inventory to appear green, I tried disabling...
  11. Dapling

Blocks & Decoration Blazing Wheel/Spiky Ball statues

These enemies would be perfect for adventure maps (especially the blazing wheel which would actually be really good for wiring mechanisms) so a way to summon them would be a blessing. There is currently no way to force them to appear, and they are always random, so it would be wonderful to...
  12. Dapling

PC Camera Mode doesn't capture the Keybrand's visual effect.

When using camera mode, the "lens flare" from hitting an enemy with the Keybrand doesn't show up. This screenshot was taken with Win+Shift+S: And this one was taken with camera mode using autopause.
  13. Dapling

**REPORTED** Wings show up in settings menu while dead.

If you look carefully, you can see that my wings are where my character was when I died. If I close the settings menu, they disappear, and I can close and reopen the settings menu any number of times and they always show up, only while the settings menu is open. (I'm using Jim's Wings with...
  14. Dapling

Biomes & Nature Sandstorms are tied to Windy Days

Sandstorms should always be active if the Windy Day event is active, because in real life they are exclusively caused by high winds anyway, and it's not like the sand will randomly decide "hm today I will not to be moved by wind in the slightest". This would also solve the problem of there...
  15. Dapling

Items Add a toggle for the guide to critter companionship.

This is a very helpful little item, but it makes it annoying to summon the Empress of Light as it prevents you from killing the Lacewings in order to summon her. It should be given a toggle in the same part of the inventory as the grand design/ruler toggles in order to quickly deactivate it...
  16. Dapling

Game Mechanics A helpful thing for DPS testing for summoners.

Here's an incredibly simple idea I had: Make it so that minions by default don't attack target dummies (same as now) but you can still right click a target dummy to put the minion priority marker on them, and the minions will attack target dummies if you do this. This way, minions would...
  17. Dapling

Items Hallowed Ore

This is a small(ish) change that I thought of, and would give an actual reason for the Adamantite/Titanium pickaxe/drill to exist. Mechanical bosses no longer drop hallowed bars. Instead, the first kill of that each boss spawns a new "hallowed ore" throughout the Cavern layer in a similar way...
  18. Dapling

Game Mechanics Make Autopause work in Camera Mode.

There isn't really any harm in doing this, as it's required that you click a very small part of your screen for it to work, and that means it isn't even as exploitable as using the settings menu to pause the game. You are left extremely vulnerable in camera mode, and can't even access your...
  19. Dapling

Game Mechanics Let us rebind armor set bonus abilities.

Currently, the only way to use armor set bonus abilities is by double tapping up or down. Down is the default and conflicts with platforms/featherfall, and up conflicts with ropes and the gravity globe/potion. What if, we were able to set it to any key we want instead, without it having be...
  20. Dapling

Items Cursed Accessories, a new risk/reward system

This will probably be my least balanced suggestion of all time, but at least it (hopefully) serves its purpose of providing a reward for specifically the more skilled players. These accessories are very powerful, but also come with a massive drawback for using them. You also can only have one...
Back
Top Bottom