1.3.1 Feedback and Bugs Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a Steam issue, not a Terraria issue. You'd likely have the same result with any Steam game you tried to play under those conditions.

I know you've mentioned this a couple of times before - it's likely a performance issue with your hardware.

I see that you made a Tech Support thread here quite some time ago - I suggest that we revive that discussion there. My system's specs seem quite similar to the ones you stated there, and I'm getting consistent 60 FPS with no video or mouse lag. It's quite difficult to troubleshoot a single person issue in a general feedback thread.

I noticed that in this update I'm getting around 48 FPS, and my specs are pretty decent. I can get between 45 to 60 FPS on Shadow of Mordor. I have Windows 10, GTX 660 ti, 9 GB of RAM, and an i7 processor(always forget which one). That should be way more than enough to play this game at a full 60 FPS.

I noticed that in this update I'm getting around 48 FPS, and my specs are pretty decent. I can get between 45 to 60 FPS on Shadow of Mordor. I have Windows 10, GTX 660 ti, 9 GB of RAM, and an i7 processor(always forget which one). That should be way more than enough to play this game at a full 60 FPS.
I have Win7 and the non-TI version of that GPU, and all runs smoothly for me. So I don't think the game is necessarily at fault here. If most people were experiencing drastic FPS drops, I think we would be getting a lot more reports about it than we currently have.

Again - this thread is for general feedback on gameplay issues and bugs, not to troubleshoot individual performance issues. I would suggest making a report thread here to get some help with this.

I have Win7 and the non-TI version of that GPU, and all runs smoothly for me. So I don't think the game is necessarily at fault here. If most people were experiencing drastic FPS drops, I think we would be getting a lot more reports about it than we currently have.

Again - this thread is for general feedback on gameplay issues and bugs, not to troubleshoot individual performance issues. I would suggest making a report thread here to get some help with this.

I'll do that, but since it popped up with this update, and others are experiencing the same I thought it just might be related to the patch.

maybe someone has reported it, but i tried the search and didn't find anything so:

9a502a307901a2f70209cf2957fa7592.png

wings are doing funny things with long hairstyles, specifically cutting them short while visible, in flight or on the ground. I tested with and without familiar wig and it still happened.

Two issues: One, the game randomlygets darker and then returns to normal when using the controller. Two, in certain instances , my game crashes when I try to take images in camera mode. There are also issues with arcane walls, but this may have just been a corrupted image file ( I use texture packs ). Will report more later when I get home.

Hm, tried that with Joy2Key, it isn't efficient at all.

It entirely depends on how you configure it. You can make really good profiles, but you have to know what you are doing. To be honest, if you're okay with the learning curve I would actually suggest getting a Steam Controller. It does both Xinput, and has it's own mouse and keyboard emulation capabilities. IMO it's the best controller out there for PC. It gives you the best of both worlds, and so far most all games work with it.

Also, Leinfors, how are flower boots bugged, and in what way do you guys plan on fixing/balancing them.

Sorry, not my call to decide the specifics of what is being adjusted. You will simply have to wait until a decision is made and comes through in a subsequent hotfix. :)

Bug Report:

This is a bug that occurs period. I was doing nothing in particular, and it still is happening no matter how many times I exit and re-enter the game. (Newest Version 1.3.1)
When wearing Shroomite Armor Set, (with any of the helmets it still occurs) and when standing still while invisible, invisibility will completely remove itself for a small moment (about one second) and then re-engage. It's not a gradual decrease like you get when you start moving or attack once, but will turn off altogether with random time between it's intervals. This is all without any controls being touched, and a PS4 controller connected but not in use. I have attached three screenshots of my current inventory, along with my NPCs just in case. (Sorry I don't know know to make gifs.)

Hey @Clide_Vanguard, I haven't been able to replicate this issue. Can you do me a favor?

Before turning on Terraria, unplug your PS4 controller. Then launch Terraria and see if you can get the issue to happen again. Then we can start to try and diagnose if the issue is related to the controller (either a hardware issue with the controller or with Terraria) or not. :)

Last edited:
There seems to be a background crash in the corruption background when I start up the game. It is a recurring event and sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

Attachments

• background crash.png
    background crash.png
    424.9 KB · Views: 194
I have two bugs, literal bugs I believe and nothing I can fix on my end as far as I know.

The first is that my cursor sometimes snaps to buttons, almost like a smart select, but only on the main menu, making it hard to select anything at all. The one time this happened and I accidentally loaded up a world, the cursor spun in a figure eight configuration while it loaded then was perfectly fine once within the world and once I'd backed out. This can happen on the main menu and the world select screen, I have yet to experience it on character select or creation.

The second, also affecting the main menu, is sometimes the game will not register that I'm trying to select a button, like single player, options or exit. It also does this on the character selection screen, the character creation screen and the world selection screen, basically all the main menu screens. I usually have to shut the game down manually through task manager and restart to fix the issue.

I'm running on Windows 8.1 right now and I have absolutely no mods to the game or anything that might break it. I hope I did a good job explaining my issues. I wish I could get a gif for you guys for these two things but I don't know how I'd even make one.

For the first one I'm not sure how to fix, but for the second one, I believe you can press alt to fix this.

Okay, so, I was attempting to make a Strange Plant farm that consisted of a long line of dirt with grass on it with a few Blueberries, Yellow Marygolds and two Strange Plants intermixed. Line is about 1000 blocks long. So, I was riding a minecart track above the line of dirt and placing a mixture of Red Wire and Actuators with The Grand Design. I rode and placed for about 300 blocks before letting go of my mouse. Upon letting go of the left mouse button, the game immediately crashed. I can try and recreate the bug if need be, because a message did pop up briefly before my computer crashed as well.

There seems to be a background crash in the corruption background when I start up the game. It is a recurring event and sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

I forgot about this. This exact thing has happened to me too, but it also happened in the upper portion of one of the crimson backgrounds.
I have screenshots of the crimson one, which appeared in the title screen and the actual crimson biome itself. I forgot to screenshot or check any worlds for the corruption one but can only assume it would be in-world as well.

Attachments

• 20160522221103_1.jpg
    20160522221103_1.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 164
  • 20160522221114_1.jpg
    20160522221114_1.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 189
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom