tModLoader [1.3.4.4] Upgrade System - Dushy's Upgrade

Hi, after an absence of some months, I'll start to make this mod great again, but I am looking for an exeprimented developper to help me with a Custom GUI (Where you could put the item, the stones, the protection scroll instead of using the item to upgrade).
I looked around differents mod sources code, but can't find anything.
If you are looking to help, you can contact me on DIscord (Dushy#2098), or post on this topic.

Hi, after an absence of some months, I'll start to make this mod great again, but I am looking for an exeprimented developper to help me with a Custom GUI (Where you could put the item, the stones, the protection scroll instead of using the item to upgrade).
I looked around differents mod sources code, but can't find anything.
If you are looking to help, you can contact me on DIscord (Dushy#2098), or post on this topic.

U could ask @jopojelly about GUI Code maybe he´s kind enough to make it great again. For me i would love to see this mod back to life and in lovly Blooming state :D

If you're really getting back into the mod, then I have a few suggestions.

1. Remove scroll drops from enemies - With the amount of vanilla events that have large amounts of enemies (blood moon, solar eclipse, etc), the amount of scrolls dropped is insane and one could easily craft a +8 or +9 (or even higher if they're really lucky) from a single event.
2. Scrolls shouldn't be crafted from only other scrolls - Make them crafted from progression materials (ie a +4 from early game materials like silk and fallen stars, a +5 from a +4 and tissue samples or shadow scales, +6 from a +5 and dungeon materials, etc) that way you won't be five minutes into a world and the option to make a +11 is already available. Something like this maybe.
3. Slightly increase the drop rate of enhancement stones - If the first idea is to be implemented, then this one should be as well since you won't be getting scrolls the easy way anymore.
4. Make protection scrolls no longer work on a +10 or higher item - This makes it so you're not eventually guaranteed a +11 by just using the two. The transition from +10 to +11 is just as powerful as it is from +9 to +10, and you already get to use protection scrolls on a +9 for an eventual free +10, but if you want more power, you take a risk.
5. Protection scrolls do not stop your item from breaking - Pretty much says it all, protection scrolls don't stop your item from breaking. There should always be a little risk with enhancing. Protection scrolls should simply prevent your current enhancement from decreasing or being reset to zero.
6. Scrolls shouldn't be sold by the NPC either - Self explanatory, because money becomes a joke to earn with some mods (I just barely beat EoC on a new world and already have 4 platinum).

Hopefully you'll take some of these ideas into consideration for the benefit of the mod. I'd hate to see a great mod like this suffer from bad ideas.

1. Remove scroll drops from enemies - With the amount of vanilla events that have large amounts of enemies (blood moon, solar eclipse, etc), the amount of scrolls dropped is insane and one could easily craft a +8 or +9 (or even higher if they're really lucky) from a single event.
2. Scrolls shouldn't be crafted from only other scrolls - Make them crafted from progression materials (ie a +4 from early game materials like silk and fallen stars, a +5 from a +4 and tissue samples or shadow scales, +6 from a +5 and dungeon materials, etc) that way you won't be five minutes into a world and the option to make a +11 is already available. Something like this maybe.
3. Slightly increase the drop rate of enhancement stones - If the first idea is to be implemented, then this one should be as well since you won't be getting scrolls the easy way anymore.
4. Make protection scrolls no longer work on a +10 or higher item - This makes it so you're not eventually guaranteed a +11 by just using the two. The transition from +10 to +11 is just as powerful as it is from +9 to +10, and you already get to use protection scrolls on a +9 for an eventual free +10, but if you want more power, you take a risk.
5. Protection scrolls do not stop your item from breaking - Pretty much says it all, protection scrolls don't stop your item from breaking. There should always be a little risk with enhancing. Protection scrolls should simply prevent your current enhancement from decreasing or being reset to zero.
6. Scrolls shouldn't be sold by the NPC either - Self explanatory, because money becomes a joke to earn with some mods (I just barely beat EoC on a new world and already have 4 platinum).

Hopefully you'll take some of these ideas into consideration for the benefit of the mod. I'd hate to see a great mod like this suffer from bad ideas.
Thanks for you feedback !
I'll take your ideas in count, I'll surely implement all of them.
Can you contact me on discord ? You got pretty nice ideas.

These are mostly good, but I'm going to have to disagree with #5. Losing the item should be the main thing that Protection Scrolls prevent.

These are mostly good, but I'm going to have to disagree with #5. Losing the item should be the main thing that Protection Scrolls prevent.
You don't lose your item though, it "breaks" which means it just becomes unusable. You can use a restoration scroll (crafted) to restore the item to working condition at whatever enhancement level it was at.

Hello. I'm curious if anyone knows this? even tho the mod is for 1.3.4.4, would it still work (for the most part) on 1.3.5.2? i have to guess that it doesn't work, but I'm really putting my hope on a yes, this mod is amazing. :)

Hello. I'm curious if anyone knows this? even tho the mod is for 1.3.4.4, would it still work (for the most part) on 1.3.5.2? i have to guess that it doesn't work, but I'm really putting my hope on a yes, this mod is amazing. :)
No, it doesn't. The 1.3.5 update broke this mod and Dushy is working on updating it. He's having to recode everything from scratch due to all the hooks being changed or something.

Well ! I have good news about this mod !
Big thanks to @jopojelly for his help !

unknown.png

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHEN IS IT OUT WHEN IS IT OUT WHEN IS IT OUT WHEN IS IT OUT WHEN IS IT OUT WHEN IS IT OUT WHEN IS IT OUT WHEN IS IT OUT WHEN IS IT OUT !!!!!

You have no Idea how much I've missed this mod as a puny summoner with puny summoner armor.

So excited!

I assume it will change before release, but the word "Success" above the player probably shouldn't be red lol...maybe blue? Red for failure, and yellow for no change?

So excited!

I assume it will change before release, but the word "Success" above the player probably shouldn't be red lol...maybe blue? Red for failure, and yellow for no change?
Success -> Green
No Change -> White
Failure -> LightGray
Reset -> Gray
Break -> Black
Protected -> DarkBlue

Back
Top Bottom