1.3.6 Preview: Block Swap

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Safeman, Apr 16, 2018.

1. PancakingTerraria

PancakingTerraria Eye of Cthulhu

1: Oof, that's a lot of crimson
    2: The crimson ate my jungle a lot

2. 0HallowedIchor0

0HallowedIchor0 Terrarian

An absolute dream come true! Finally, I won't have to spend hours creating my new house.

3. ShadowOfDarkness

ShadowOfDarkness Terrarian

/replace all clay dirt
    /ban clay

Now clay won't bother me again. xP

4. TheBroOfTheNinja

TheBroOfTheNinja Terrarian

I really don't get how so many people don't understand that it uses pickaxe power.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 21, 2018, Original Post Date: Nov 21, 2018 ---
    Wait a sec, what would happen if you replaced a chair (if you can replace chairs) while someone is sitting on it? Would they be forced off or would the style change while they sit

TheWorfer27 likes this.
  5. ShadowOfDarkness

People are waiting for a "Creative Mode" they may have thought this was what they were asking for, a way to change any block at any time.

6. Redknight910

Redknight910 Official Terrarian

But at the same time, they talk about it like it's something that will be in survival, to make picks useless?

7. ShadowOfDarkness

It still requires a pick to work, and it also doesn't swap out a block with air. If you wanted to REMOVE a block, you'd still have to use a pick.

It's just meant to save you time, instead of digging out a bunch of clay, stone, and copper/tin to replace it with dirt, or change wood types, or break all your items on your floor to replace the floor, or under your chests, or the chests themselves, not replace pickaxes in general.

8. Soronity

Soronity Plantera

Sooo... When will the new Update release? It's been quite a time now.

9. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Brain of Cthulhu

Sometime next year.

10. Redknight910

I was talking about the people who don't realise that pickaxes are needed. If they thought that pickaxes are now useless for mining, how can that be taken as a creative system change?

11. TheWorfer27

TheWorfer27 Retinazer

It seems it would be rather obvious considering if you tried to mine with this blocks would just place

12. Mhulk Wazowski

Mhulk Wazowski Terrarian

3 seconds ago I was thinking about breaking and replacing every block from a building of mine. Words can not express how excited I am for this update.

ShadowTiger likes this.
  13. Keyzor

Keyzor Steampunker

I'm so happy that it keeps wedged blocks aswell. Wonder if it works with liquids

14. ShadowOfDarkness

Kinda doubt that one. It swaps blocks in the world for blocks in your inventory, and vice versa. There is no "Water Block" "Lava Block" or "Liquid Honey Block" in the game. It likely wouldn't create buckets for you, and it might just be awkward if it used buckets already in your inventory to do that, although, I suppose they could.

15. Proto Persona

I see no reason why they can't really. To place a bucket of lava over a water block all they really need to do inventory-wise is switch the lava bucket for a water bucket. The code to switch the blocks in the world itself is probably more complicated than that.

16. Redknight910

I feel like another reason it wouldn't work with liquids is because it would then just mix the liquid's instantly, and leave whatever block was appropriate.

17. Proto Persona

Not necessarily. In the video one block is being replaced by another. It's not like both blocks co-exist for even a fraction of a second.

18. fargalarg

fargalarg Steampunker

I think there should be a way to toggle pain sprayer’s abilities in the architect gizmo pack, and maybe a slot for paints like with coins and ammo.

19. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Administrator Staff Member Administrator

There already is a toggle (on/off) in 1.3.5 (at least the PC version, not sure about XB1/PS4).

To the left of the inventory/hotbar, there are small toggles when various tools are equipped. One of them toggles the Paint Sprayer function, whether it is stand-alone or as part of the Gizmo Pack.

tool toggles.png
    This shows where it is on my screen; the others control various aspects of The Grand Design. When you mouse over each one it will tell you what it controls.

Creeper da Snek likes this.
  20. Redknight910

I more meant the rest of the liquid blocks that aren't being instantly replaced. Example: Replace a block of water with a block of lava, unless the puddle is only one block, then the rest of the water will just turn it into obsidian.

Proto Persona likes this.