1.3.6 Preview: Block Swap

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Safeman, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Unit One

Unit One Moderator Staff Member Moderator

From the opening post:

Keyzor likes this.
  2. Foraging Slime

Foraging Slime Eater of Worlds

YES. just YES please add this ASAP

3. Games223

Games223 Terrarian

Yes! This will be very helpful when building things, or redesigning my Terraria bases. :D

Sarah Shinespark likes this.
  4. Zalpha

Zalpha Terrarian

Does this work with replacing plants with new seeds to harvest and replant them?

I had the idea while playing that it would be great if I had for example in full bloom Blinkroots in Planter Boxes and just used the seeds to replant them and harvest them at the same time rather than having to select my pick, dig them out, then select the seeds and refill the missing spots to replant them.

It would save so much time and make planting and harvesting much better.

5. TheWorfer27

TheWorfer27 Retinazer

You'd probably want to use a staff of regrowth anyway, the drop yield would easily overpower the time save.

6. HokageDattebayo

HokageDattebayo Terrarian

This is going to make building SO much easier for me, because I am often an idiot and place the wrong block.
    :passionate:

7. Rough Draft

Rough Draft Golem

11 months later. Chlorophyte farm harvested an uncountable number of times. Dolphin is eternally hongry for boolet. Just wanna be able to block swap the mud in and have harvesting the farm take half as much time. The walls are closing in. This may be the end for me.

I mean, uh. Still looking forward to this! Thanks for all your hard work, Re-logic team!

8. CoronaKing

CoronaKing Steampunker

I honestly stopped making the Chlorophyte farms when they increased the natural Chlorophyte growth. But block swap will tempt me to make them again, for sure

9. Sirius zza

Sirius zza Terrarian

Nothing is better than this for building designers, i have got mad because of the rebuilding of the failed works.

10. Mr Avivion

Mr Avivion Golem

This seems helpful.

11. Blood Crawler

Blood Crawler Brain of Cthulhu

I think this feature belongs to acessories.
    I mean, you can accidently swap a block so i think it would be nice if it would be a part of an acessory.

12. Criddle

Criddle Guinea Pig

You can disable it.

13. ExplodingCubes

ExplodingCubes Terrarian

What if you are in hardmode and can swap dirt for colbalt paladium etc. would you need the correct pickaxe to swap it?

14. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Yes, you need the pickaxe/drill of sufficient power in your inventory

15. Technohelper

Technohelper Steampunker

owo much

16. R4G3 RED

R4G3 RED Terrarian

I’m not very sure where or who to contact. I was told in discord to go to the forums to talk about a possible game addition, The concept is a rage candle, I’m thinking it would spawn randomly in the jungle temple, similar to how the water candle is in the dungeon. but instead of the enemy spawn rates being buffed, this would buff enemy health and defense, but also double enemy health, defense, and drop rates.

This is only a rough idea and if your open to the idea I’d be happy to help animate and design the candle...

Feel free to contact me on discord as I don’t read my email
    R4G3 RED#4136

17. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Brain of Cthulhu

There's a section of the forums for suggestions. Player Suggestions

18. TerraBeast

TerraBeast Terrarian

hey :)

19. Jason_c_o

Jason_c_o Steampunker

Or just something you can toggle on/off.

20. butterflypixie

butterflypixie Terrarian

just wondering does it only work on player placed blocks cause it could cause issues with ebonstone/crimstone being unmineable for most of early game