1.3.6 Preview: Block Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safeman🌻

Community Manager
Staff member
Re-Logic
Hello Terrarians!

As you have noticed from the recent slate of spoilers, our work on Terraria 1.3.6 is bearing some exciting fruit! This update has a lot more in store than we have shared, and with that in mind, we wanted to share one new quality of life feature that we find particularly exciting.

divid.png

This new feature, which we are calling Block Swap, allows players to replace one block with another without having to break the previous block first! Tired of the way your house looks? Now you no longer have to tear the whole house down to change it. Need to clean up those random clay and stone blocks in your yard? Just swap them all out with your block of choice - much faster than mining them all individually!

Block Swap uses the mining power of the strongest Pickaxe in your inventory. Therefore, you will not be able to replace blocks that you cannot mine and it will take the same number of "swings" to replace a tile that your current pickaxe takes to mine the same block. Here are some additional fun features that Block Swap will bring to Terrarians everywhere:
- Block Swap can be used to change floor (and ceiling) blocks that furniture items are attached to, without breaking the furniture items
- Swapped blocks will keep the hammered shape that the previous blocks had
- Swapped blocks will be actuated if the original block was also actuated
- As an added bonus, you can now swap one chest for a different style of chest without having to empty it first!

divi.png

Having played around with this feature for a while now, we can confidently say that this is one of those quality of life improvements that we have no idea how we ever lived without. We can’t wait until it is in your hands to see if you agree! Work on 1.3.6 is moving along at a strong pace – stay tuned for further details on what it will contain and when it might arrive. :)

Alright. Just with that, and I'm removing the other spoilers from this list : I know I will need to add atleast 20h to my played counter. I. am. going to play SOOOOOOOOO much this new update. I cannot wait ! I can't wait ! MY HYPE LEVEL IS TOO HIGH ! PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP ME !

Being more serious, this look really cool. This give me the strenght to finish the "re-build" of my, almost 500x500 (If I can count right, I didn't count but seing how big it is, I think it is approx that), castle. For builder that do very ugly thing from the start thinking "the utility before the beauty" (As me), this is gonna be sooooo usefull ! Seriously, I cannot wait for this update ! Bring it on !

Hello Terrarians!

As you have noticed from the recent slate of spoilers, our work on Terraria 1.3.6 is bearing some exciting fruit! This update has a lot more in store than we have shared, and with that in mind, we wanted to share one new quality of life feature that we find particularly exciting.

This new feature, which we are calling Block Swap, allows players to replace one block with another without having to break the previous block first! Tired of the way your house looks? Now you no longer have to tear the whole house down to change it. Need to clean up those random clay and stone blocks in your yard? Just swap them all out with your block of choice - much faster than mining them all individually!

Block Swap uses the mining power of the strongest Pickaxe in your inventory. Therefore, you will not be able to replace blocks that you cannot mine and it will take the same number of "swings" to replace a tile that your current pickaxe takes to mine the same block. Here are some additional fun features that Block Swap will bring to Terrarians everywhere:
- Block Swap can be used to change floor (and ceiling) blocks that furniture items are attached to, without breaking the furniture items
- Swapped blocks will keep the hammered shape that the previous blocks had
- Swapped blocks will be actuated if the original block was also actuated
- As an added bonus, you can now swap one chest for a different style of chest without having to empty it first!

Having played around with this feature for a while now, we can confidently say that this is one of those quality of life improvements that we have no idea how we ever lived without. We can’t wait until it is in your hands to see if you agree! Work on 1.3.6 is moving along at a strong pace – stay tuned for further details on what it will contain and when it might arrive. :)
They should retain paint coats too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom