PC 1.3 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
kdcROYP.png

On a side note, This is a great design. Good job Designer.

I wish there was a way to give opinion about terraria on facebook, so i could give 1/5 for making the game not able to work

I wish there was a way to give opinion about terraria on facebook, so i could give 1/5 for making the game not able to work

We'd ask that you be patient while the growing pains of this new release are worked out; some users are having some issues, but they are being resolved quickly, and many people have already had their problems fixed.

I just wonder why i have slideshow on 1.3 and can't make it work for 3 seconds without computer freeze, if it worked perfect in 1.2.4.2 one day ago! Magically increased game requirements x10? Shame then
[DOUBLEPOST=1435720398,1435720216][/DOUBLEPOST]Now i have no game to play, wasted money and time for waiting before release + time for waiting for no fix tonight, and its morning already. And even can't get money back for bad product. I feel cheated and disappointed, never gonna give good rating to this game again.

I just wonder why i have slideshow on 1.3 and can't make it work for 3 seconds without computer freeze, if it worked perfect in 1.2.4.2 one day ago! Magically increased game requirements x10? Shame then
[DOUBLEPOST=1435720398,1435720216][/DOUBLEPOST]Now i have no game to play, wasted money and time for waiting before release + time for waiting for no fix tonight, and its morning already. And even can't get money back for bad product. I feel cheated and disappointed, never gonna give good rating to this game again.

What do you mean by slideshow and x10?

Are you serious? They just launched a massive update and you expect it to just work flawlessly? Lol, get real dude. This is game development.

ps - you paid nothing for these updates either, keep that in mind.

Edit: nvm, you are a new player. Guess you wouldn't know

Are you using Retro or Trippy lighting modes? They still show the old water animations.

I did not know this, thanks. Although I tend to use retro as my default. Was it intended this way or will these lighting modes get the updated water animations at some point?

Last edited:
Somehow, while i was playing on a Steam Integrated server. I keep getting a lot of FPS lag. The game runs smooth FPS on Singleplayer, but not on Steam servers. It sometimes gives off internet lag spikes. Anyone got the same problem?

I did not know this, thanks. Although I tend to use retro as my default. Was it intended this way or will these lighting modes get the updated water animations at some point?

Its intended. "Retro water" with "retro lighting". I can see how that may be a little frustrating, but the intention was to keep these water styles as an option that way. :)

Its intended. "Retro water" with "retro lighting". I can see how that may be a little frustrating, but the intention was to keep these water styles as an option that way. :)

No worries. Now that I think about it, I mostly used retro on my laptop because it ran the smoothest. Just an old habit I suppose.

I deactivated everything and game keeps behaving terribly. If game like don't starve works perfectly, you don't need to be an expert to know, that problem is withing terraria, not my computer. FPS tragic, crash 3 sec after entering the world, must restart computer with a button cause it stops reacting. Just like others i have Windows XP.

Dude, you are complaining about compatibility issues with a 15 year old OS that is past its END OF LIFE. It is not supported anymore. END OF STORY! You are lucky that anything works on it, as developers literally can and SHOULD ignore you. Do you have any idea how hard software is to make? Especially cross platform software? I'm a software dev and I can tell you that Re-logic is being way more polite to you then 99% of other dev shops would be. The rest would tell you to suck it up and upgrade to a platform that is supported.

All software isn't the same and they expose different methods (called an API) to programmers to work with. And when they write a new OS they don't always keep the old methods.
Hypothetical example: Re-logic used to use a method called "make-lights" and that told Windows XP to make the lighting in the game. But between last update and this one, MICROSOFT (not Re-logic) changed the name of "make-lights" to "cool-awesome-new-lighting-system". Because MICROSOFT doesn't need to support Windows XP anymore. So Re-logic changed their code to use the new and amazing "cool-awesome-new-lighting-system" because that's how they make the lighting in the game work now. In this situation, Re-logic literally COULD NOT make the game work on XP anymore, because the old method isn't there anymore!

I don't know if that's the actual issue but I bet it's something close to that. So the only person to blame here is YOU cause your using an outdated UNSUPPORTED OS. Until you upgrade you have ZERO right to complain that the game crashes. ZERO.

Man devs hate people like you.

BUG REPORT!!!!!!!!!
On one of my pre-The Return of Christ worlds, I killed that Wall of Flesh for the first time. This sent the world into Hardmode; Everything was working right, everything was spawning, EVERYTHING WAS CORRECT... except that the Hallow and Crimson strips didnt spawn.
So yeah... hotfix?
The Wall was going "West", if direction matters.
EDIT: Thank god they didnt spawn, I forgot to floatify my base!

Last edited:
I deactivated everything and game keeps behaving terribly. If game like don't starve works perfectly, you don't need to be an expert to know, that problem is withing terraria, not my computer. FPS tragic, crash 3 sec after entering the world, must restart computer with a button cause it stops reacting. Just like others i have Windows XP.
... why are you using that ancient OS that not even its creators support anymore

And if your computer can't handle upgrading to a new OS... well, you shouldn't be trying to play video games on it to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom