PC 1.3 Multiplayer Low FPS

tuxedoCatcrate

Terrarian
When I play in single player, I can run the game perfectly fine at 60 FPS, but when I go into multiplayer I drop all the way down to 10 FPS. I've tried reducing my resolution all the way down to 800x600, but it still is unplayable. The most I can do is turn off frameskipping, locking me at 30 FPS and causing huge lag issues. I have tried with 1.3.0.3, and the issue still remains. I run without backgrounds, low quality, multicore lighting off, and all.
AMD E1-2500 APU (1.4 GHZ Dual Core)
AMD Radeon HD 8240
4GB RAM
If there's any solution or any more information I could provide, let me know.

I've had this problem too, but it's really only when I've hosted multiplayer and not joining a server.

I have the same problem :/, when i TRY to play and have fun with my friends and our server i keep gettint 1-2-3 fps and, excuse but, it's sucks hard. It didnt happens on 1.2.4.1, i finished the game with that version and now i can't even move. Please, i need some answer!

Same Problem, even if you, a friend or Nitrado is hosting.

Singleplayer is very very smooth.

But actually.

Singleplayer: You are Hosting and playing the / on the world. More Lags actually.

Multiplayer: You are connecting to a Server // transfering data trough the internet. Less Lag more Frames...

1.3 got Multiplayer bug confirmed.

Might be bad internet connection's fault.
And you don't host the world on single player. You load it on world start up.

Bad internet, cannot be cause i got a good Internet 12-23 Net Jitter mostly.

Yeah you load in it, but you are hosting it (not hosting so that other players can join)

Bad internet, cannot be cause i got a good Internet 12-23 Net Jitter mostly.
Weird.
Yeah you load in it, but you are hosting it (not hosting so that other players can join)
Since the world data isn't transferred to the Internet and others can't join, then it's not hosting.

When you enter a world, the data in the world file is loaded and it is kept loaded, until you exit and the world is unloaded.

Weird.

Since the world data isn't transferred to the Internet and others can't join, then it's not hosting.

When you enter a world, the data in the world file is loaded and it is kept loaded, until you exit and the world is unloaded.

Yeah, its Loaded on your Computer, so your Computer is "hosting" the World for you, that means more lags.

Since some people are having this issue and some not, it's probably a bug. But still Iam not completely sure, why it's only the case in multiplayer and singleplayer works completely fine.

I've been suffering from the same thing as well. Things are absolutely fine in singleplayer but, multiplayer is a nightmare no matter whether I'm the one hosting or just joining an existing world.

I've been suffering from the same thing as well. Things are absolutely fine in singleplayer but, multiplayer is a nightmare no matter whether I'm the one hosting or just joining an existing world.
Well another one with that problem, since I've no idea how to probably fix that. We'll need to wait for a Hotfix.

If it was bad internet, shouldn't other games have lag issues? I personally haven't experienced lag in anything except pre 1.3 servers (nothing teleports now, but the low framerate makes it unplayable obviously)
Anyways, I'm pretty sure that this is a bug, since I've heard of people with much better specs (and even internet) having similar issues.

It at-least requires decent interenet and a mid range computer.
>underage
>that hax0r name
>giving advice

Nope, my connection and PC's setup haven't changed a tad bit since the last time I played 1.2 and, multi worked with little to no lag and, definitely no huge FPS drops like now back then.

>underage
>that hax0r name
>giving advice

Nope, my connection and PC's setup haven't changed a tad bit since the last time I played 1.2 and, multi worked with little to no lag and, definitely no huge FPS drops like now back then.
R00D. You should wait for hotfixes to come out, most other people even with high end computers have been having the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom