1.3 Theory: It's All About the Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like this idea too. The developers keep mentioning the 'lunar boss' but this does not necessarily mean that the boss originates from the moon.

Maybe the final boss resides in the ocean and the tidal disruption from the huge moon causes the boss to awaken - perhaps cthulhu? (EDIT : or not - didn't know about Redigit saying there won't be a cthulhu boss):indifferent::indifferent:

I'm sure Red said somewhere that he intends to expand the ocean biome a few years ago

My track record of guessing updates has been pretty bad so far BUT looking at the spoilers so far (huge moon with obviously raised see levels etc), you'd think that the ocean would have a lot of significance in this update and I don't think it's that farfetched to suggest that the ocean may be where the ultimate boss is.

mF4yvNR.png

Does anyone else think that the above paragraph from the 2014 April Fools joke (Duke Fishron) almost perfectly describe the super moon image? Combination invasion (Alien / Ocean monsters), keeping NPC's alive (https://twitter.com/Cennxx/status/598118349478977536) etc

It's most likely that this is wrong though since we are trying to piece together the updates with little tidbits of information but it's a really interesting theory non the less, we will find out in 3 weeks :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom