• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Mike_be

Terrarian
- I don't know if this helps but my computer memory still have a bunch of memory sooo...
It doesn't matter how much memory do you have. Since original TML is in 32 bits, it can only use up to 4 GB of memory even if you have 2 TB of RAM. Usually x32 is enough for 1-2 big mods like Calamity or Thorium with bunch of small ones and QoL mods. More than that most of time will result in exceeding 4 GB limit, so your only solution is install x64 branch of TML or use less mods.

Link382

Terrarian
It doesn't matter how much memory do you have. Since original TML is in 32 bits, it can only use up to 4 GB of memory even if you have 2 TB of RAM. Usually x32 is enough for 1-2 big mods like Calamity or Thorium with bunch of small ones and QoL mods. More than that most of time will result in exceeding 4 GB limit, so your only solution is install x64 branch of TML or use less mods.
But I used to be able to play with a bunch of mods in another laptop but that laptop died

AlexTheMaker

Terrarian
Are all mods supposed to take forever to download? I never see the bar move, so am i just supposed to wait or is it just something i have no control of

Jofairden

Duke Fishron
tModLoader
Why does tModLoaderInstaller.jar require admin password on Mac?
Can I run it without admin access?
Because it needs to move install files to the terraria folder

Does anyone have a 64 bit tmodloader version that i can use? im banned from the group so i can't check! :(
Check here Standalone - [1.3] tModLoader FNA (32bit/64bit) (Branch of tML)

for me the installer is a .jar file and I can't open it
You can do a manual install, read the readme file

Are all mods supposed to take forever to download? I never see the bar move, so am i just supposed to wait or is it just something i have no control of
Sometimes the browser is down, it's been more often lately. You can use Index - Mod Browser if the browser is down.

FrittleBee84

Terrarian
This has likely been asked like a bazillion times but is it possible to change mod installation location? My C drive isn't massive and I'd like to move it to the D drive, if possible.

Iroh The Dragon

Terrarian
Hey there, does anyone know how to Add an Image to a Mod. So it shows an image on the Terraria Launcher in the mod files, on my Mod? Is it something to do with the Build.txt, couldn't figure it out on Github.

BradenKeenan

Terrarian
I was just trying to use the mod loader and it said that it failed to load when I was going into a world. I was then greeted with two options: Backup TModLoader or Load files. I clicked backup TModLoader then it just said it failed to backup files. I have tried many things but I can't seem to get my game to work. So this why I am here and why I made an account on this to get help from the creator. I hope that you could help me with this problem and get back to me soon!
Screenshot (26).png

This is what it looks like when I try to play.

Also whenever I reload my mods the game crashes, I don't know if that has anything to do with it but that is also another problem. I really like this game and with all of the stuff going on I don't want to get bored so I really hope you can get this fixed!

Last edited:

OuJej1

Terrarian
Hey, I'm having the same problem as BradenKeenan. Thought it'd be nice to play for a while since I haven't since autumn, but was greeted by crashing modbrowser and not loading up any of my characters instead.

Top Bottom