Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Yeah, and it could be ordered by popularity, meaning that trolly crap mods are left at the bottom, and less of a problem.

Yeah, and it could be ordered by popularity, meaning that trolly crap mods are left at the bottom, and less of a problem.
No, because that would make it impossible for really good, but new mods to rise up, when there ar further mods down the line.
Also, there should be a search box.

I think, down the line, sorting by recently updated might be most useful. A search option as well will likely be implemented. Keep the suggestions coming.

I think, down the line, sorting by recently updated might be most useful. A search option as well will likely be implemented. Keep the suggestions coming.
This might seem a bit far off, but I think that if you can provide, as additional info, the mods website/forum, that would be great.
Also, thanks for putting that in the Mod Info for me.

Brainwave:
A mod of the day: a mod put at the top of the list for a day. Randomly picked at midnight by the same thing that lets you have a mod browser.

This might seem a bit far off, but I think that if you can provide, as additional info, the mods website/forum, that would be great.
Also, thanks for putting that in the Mod Info for me.
No problem. The mod info thing isn't even finalize, we might end up with just having the info button open up a webpage of the developers choosing, most likely the forum post on this site.

Brainwave:
A mod of the day: a mod put at the top of the list for a day. Randomly picked at midnight by the same thing that lets you have a mod browser.
Good idea as well.

This is pretty epic! I got a few mods working, and so far so good. Great job!
Awesome, we hope you can come up with some good things.

Just another brainwave:
Some mods will make changes that will make them incompatible with other mods. tModLoader should be made to detect this, and prevent you enabling both ( shading the other in red?). I don't know if it does this already.
You aught to be able to add new styles to the character creation.
The worlds and characters that have been run with certain mods should show those mods in world selection menu. i.e, a tag of something like 'Last Run With: 'imkSushi's Mod', 'Example Mod', 'etc.'
Finally, tModLoader should be made to be able to run tAPI and tConfig mods.

Hey @bluemagic123 @jopojelly and @Gorateron would a mod with a bunch of modded crafting recipes be good for the mod browser? Or would it not be unique and/or good enough?
It'll all come down to the actual users imo. You don't have to ask us to be able to make a mod dude. If you have an idea and you want to make it, then do it! If people like it then they'll use it, if they don't then they won't. Haha!

zpmRbwB0i0k.jpg

Wat?

Just another brainwave:
Some mods will make changes that will make them incompatible with other mods. tModLoader should be made to detect this, and prevent you enabling both ( shading the other in red?). I don't know if it does this already.
You aught to be able to add new styles to the character creation.
The worlds and characters that have been run with certain mods should show those mods in world selection menu. i.e, a tag of something like 'Last Run With: 'imkSushi's Mod', 'Example Mod', 'etc.'
Finally, tModLoader should be made to be able to run tAPI and tConfig mods.
This has always been a major problem for any kind of modding system for any game. Usually, modders individually find out whether their mods are compatible or not, and then they'll tell their users. Also JSON compatibility was being looked at I believe. Currently blue is very busy with school etc. If you are good in c# yourself you can always push a patch to the github. Anyone can contribute!

Hey @bluemagic123 @jopojelly and @Gorateron would a mod with a bunch of modded crafting recipes be good for the mod browser? Or would it not be unique and/or good enough?
I have a mod that adds a ton of new recipes. It's called imkSushi's Mod. I think that is what you are asking about.
This has always been a major problem for any kind of modding system for any game. Usually, modders individually find out whether their mods are compatible or not, and then they'll tell their users. Also JSON compatibility was being looked at I believe. Currently blue is very busy with school etc. If you are good in c# yourself you can always push a patch to the github. Anyone can contribute!
I'm not particularly good at C#, but at the moment, I am on half term this coming week, so I have a lot of time to come up with, and post, ideas while I sit around coding my mod. But school is generally a pain when it comes to free time.

Hey, im back in dev ^^
-

you might edit the name on the mod browser "Terranova by Hex" into "Terranova by Hek" ;)

Last edited:
Hey, im back in dev ^^
-

you might edit the name on the mod browser "Terranova by Hex" into "Terranova by Hek" ;)
First of all, are you sure the modded Terraria is a reference? (not vanilla)
Second, make sure you only have ONE terraria.exe file as a reference.
Try deleting your current references and re-adding them.

I have a mod that adds a ton of new recipes. It's called imkSushi's Mod. I think that is what you are asking about.

I'm not particularly good at C#, but at the moment, I am on half term this coming week, so I have a lot of time to come up with, and post, ideas while I sit around coding my mod. But school is generally a pain when it comes to free time.
Yeah it could be similar, well at least my old idea. I came up with the idea where there is a special crafting station that lets you craft crafting materials. Or maybe it could duplicate certain crafting materials I don't know.

First of all, are you sure the modded Terraria is a reference? (not vanilla)
Second, make sure you only have ONE terraria.exe file as a reference.
Try deleting your current references and re-adding them.
yea, i figured it out, I used the wrong .exe ^^

How to add multiple crafting tiles?
Like potions

You can craft at placed bottles OR Alchemy Table

Back
Top Bottom