Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Deleting a mod deletes all worlds? When did that happen?
[doublepost=1471209403,1471209342][/doublepost]Oh Kazzy, how do I modify vanilla recipes?
Please quote or tag me if you need my help, otherwise I won't get an alert. I only saw this one by chance. :)

To change an existing recipe, you have to use the RecipeEditor class. I've never used it, but from what I gather you need to use RecipeFinder to find the recipe you need and then pass that as the argument for RecipeEditor's constructor. Then you can do whatever you want with it.

The ExampleMod makes a new static class to do all this in, and then calls it in the Mod class' AddRecipe method. Check it out, it seems like you'll be wanting to do something similar.

Does anyone know the code for making an item that functions identically to the rod of discord? I don't really feel like decompiling terraria, so any help would be appreciated ^^

i dont know if the tmod team or forum mods have already seen this, but in the mod browser there is a mod that adds in the zapinator, i was wondering if someone could take alook and maybe ask the dev to remove it?

i dont know if the tmod team or forum mods have already seen this, but in the mod browser there is a mod that adds in the zapinator, i was wondering if someone could take alook and maybe ask the dev to remove it?

If the mod has a thread here on the forum and you know the thread, then please use the report button to let us know. If it doesn't have a thread or you can't find the thread, then please send me a Private Message and let me know the mod's name and I'll look into it. :)

Still asking the same question: Does anyone how to add "Robes" in to the game. Yo know, basically item that goes in to breastplate slot, but also adds animation to legs(SRY THIS IS REAAALLY HARD TO EXPLAAIN:)

Is anyone else having the problem of the language being stuck at spanish/another language, and when changed will crash? if so how do i resolve it. does anyone know?

---------------------------
Terraria: Error
---------------------------
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Terraria.Lang.setLang(Boolean english)

at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)

at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)

at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)

at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

thats the code that i got from the crash

Just for interest, why is that mod bad? Its just a fan-made mod?

Okay. Thank you!
[doublepost=1471282243,1471282108][/doublepost]Guys if you need help, watch Al0n37, he is :red:ing amazing.

Wowwwww, you got back and you didn't read the message I sent right before you. Anywho, I need a way to modify vanilla recipes. See, I'm making a mod that adds a hardmode BoC (there are a lot of bosses with of in the middle) inspired by Tremor, and I have no clue how it's possible. Please help soon! (there are only 2 mech worms, i need the one with vertabrae in the recipe)
[doublepost=1471185415,1471185098][/doublepost]
Stop right there! I know exactly what to do.
1. Switch over to Finder.
2. You should see column view. Click it.
3. There should be a sidebar on the left. Go to Home.
4. In the column to the right, there you go. This is also how you find stuff like Desktop and Pictures.

What do you mean by collum? and i dont see the sidebar. plz help, i want to play modded so badly! :(

There is a column on the left when you switch to finder. My friend has a mac and he told me how to do it. ;-; should be working for you.
[doublepost=1471291371,1471291338][/doublepost]Oh and does anyone know how to make NPCs say something at night or during a party? Is that what cases are for?

There is a column on the left when you switch to finder. My friend has a mac and he told me how to do it. ;-; should be working for you.
[doublepost=1471291371,1471291338][/doublepost]Oh and does anyone know how to make NPCs say something at night or during a party? Is that what cases are for?
i dont see it.... is it a picture? I really need help. my pc isnt working, only my mac is. :-;

Well for me it takes a while for the Mod Browser to load up, but I never had it crash my game.
It's just the long updates for the mods[that needs it] is the one thing I'm uncertain if it's the traffic or only on my end.

Okay. Thank you!
[doublepost=1471282243,1471282108][/doublepost]Guys if you need help, watch Al0n37, he is :red:ing amazing.
Hey, totally agree, but don't rely on him. Try to figure out what the code itself does and just experiment with the example mod instead if you need to start somewhere.

i made my own mod and its coding is all good and there are no errors but when i try to build the mod i get this error (in picture)

Please Help Me

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    370 KB · Views: 236
Back
Top Bottom