Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Is there a way that I could have both normal and modded Terraria both usable at the same time? It is kind of a pain to swap all my files a whole bunch in order to switch between normal and modded.
You don't need to swap all of your files, just the main executables. But a much easier way is to leave the vanilla Terraria.exe alone and rename tModLoader's .exe to something like Terraria.tMod.exe. Then all you need to do is create a new shortcut to Terraria.tMod.exe and, as long as you have Steam running, you can launch tModLoader without swapping files around anymore.

Yooo, Im having a issue hosting on linux (KDE) and I was wondering if someone is able to help. The Issue is when I try to 'Host and Play' in multiplayer. All mods and modloader are fully up to date, and my friend's are too. My friend is running Windows 10. I can choose a character, world and steam connection settings, but after setting a password it crashes instantly, with no error message. However, I can join my friends game with no problems, its only when I try and host (Singleplayer has no issues either). The mods used are: Tremor, Thorium and Reduced Grinding, however they are not the problem as we have tried with multiple combinations, including disabling all of them. Any response (Even if its to tell me to piss off) is much appreciated.

Yooo, Im having a issue hosting on linux (KDE) and I was wondering if someone is able to help. The Issue is when I try to 'Host and Play' in multiplayer. All mods and modloader are fully up to date, and my friend's are too. My friend is running Windows 10. I can choose a character, world and steam connection settings, but after setting a password it crashes instantly, with no error message. However, I can join my friends game with no problems, its only when I try and host (Singleplayer has no issues either). The mods used are: Tremor, Thorium and Reduced Grinding, however they are not the problem as we have tried with multiple combinations, including disabling all of them. Any response (Even if its to tell me to piss off) is much appreciated.
instead of clicking Host and play, open the command prompt and then run tmodloaderserver.exe. Any errors should be output there.

whenever I launch the tmodloader application i get this error message:

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'CSteamworks': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Steamworks.NativeMethods.SteamAPI_RestartAppIfNecessary(AppId_t unOwnAppID)
at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.Initialize()
at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.Initialize(Nullable`1 mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

steam

make sure you are launching terraria.exe from steam UI or the game directory. That error will be thrown if you launch the terraria.exe from the installer directory.

On Linux Mint 18 (64 bit), with the Steam version of the game and with the Linux .zip, I can't get tModLoader working at all. Regular Terraria 1.3.4.4 seems to work just fine. After I copy the files from the zip into the Terraria folder, the modded game can be run through Steam and the Re-Logic loading screen appears just fine. The problem occurs after that screen fades out. The screen remains black and the popup that informs you of the shift+tab shortcut comes up and freezes in position. The program window doesn't respond to being closed and must be force-quit. This happens every time I run Terraria from Steam.

Edit: I have a solution, courtesy of raydeejay in the Discord chat. You have to add '-x64' as a command-line parameter in Steam. This is accessed in the Properties dialog box from the right-click menu for Terraria. Go to the General tab and then Set Launch Options...

Screenshot from 2016-12-27 10-03-21.png

Last edited:
I know I've already reported this before, but Music Boxes are broken. The only working music boxes are the overworld and modded music boxes, all else have a different placed sprite (which looks like the seperate music boxes near together on a sprite sheet or something) and are instantly destroyed on placement. They only seem to work if they are equipped, but I want to make a museum of sorts. And before you ask, even though this is similar to the Candleabra glitch, Crystillium isn't the cause since I disabled it and the bug still happened.

I know I've already reported this before, but Music Boxes are broken. The only working music boxes are the overworld and modded music boxes, all else have a different placed sprite (which looks like the seperate music boxes near together on a sprite sheet or something) and are instantly destroyed on placement. They only seem to work if they are equipped, but I want to make a museum of sorts. And before you ask, even though this is similar to the Candleabra glitch, Crystillium isn't the cause since I disabled it and the bug still happened.
I just tested all the music boxes, they place fine. Must be a mod you have enabled.

Apparently, custom wave banks seem to destroy music boxes. I disabled all of my mods and the bug still occurred. I recently downloaded a personally requested KIrby wave bank, which may be the problem. Haven't tested for sure, just out of fear for what originally happened to my last custom wave bank.

Have you tested ModLoader with custom wave banks yet? I guess I should've included that in my original notification.

Apparently, custom wave banks seem to destroy music boxes. I disabled all of my mods and the bug still occurred. I recently downloaded a personally requested KIrby wave bank, which may be the problem. Haven't tested for sure, just out of fear for what originally happened to my last custom wave bank.

Have you tested ModLoader with custom wave banks yet? I guess I should've included that in my original notification.
If it's a pre 1.3.4 wavebank it will crash, just as it does with vanilla. Link?

how do i add 2 ingridient??
Read: https://github.com/bluemagic123/tModLoader/blob/master/ExampleMod/Items/ExampleItem.cs#L35

I'm still not getting it. Even when I disable all my mods, the Music Boxes are still instantaneously destroyed. What does this game want from me?

Back
Top Bottom