Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

I apologize if this is common knowledge, I'm still fairly new to using mods. I also ran a couple searches and didn't see anything about this:

Is there a limit to the amount of NPC portraits that can be displayed on the housing tab in the engine or tModLoader or am I experiencing a specific mod-related bug?
From the screenshot, you will see that I have 50 NPC portraits displayed (51 including the question mark), the next NPC portrait is invisible at the end of that list but can still be clicked on to move the NPC (Mutant NPC from Fargo's mod.)
Any NPCs after that (I have at least 2 more -- Lone Trapper from Spirit and Demon Artist from Legend of Terraria 3) can not be moved because there doesn't seem to be any invisible portrait for them for me to click on.

Attachments

• NPC.jpg
    NPC.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
I've been having an issue with tmodloader whilst playing multiplayer. Recently, a few friends and I started playing, and we experience a rather annoying slow-down of the game, only fixable when entering a menu, such as a chest or pressing esc. It's incredibly annoying, and we've spent hours filing through the mods that we have installed, and we've come to the conclusion that it's none of the individual mods causing it, but rather tmodloader itself. All of us are getting the issue, does anyone have any experience with fixes we could use?

I need help, I made a pet and it's completely in the ground. Help? :/ This was my script:

Code:
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;
namespace ExtraVanity.Projectiles.Pets
{
    public class CorruptBunnyPet : ModProjectile
    {
        public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            projectile.CloneDefaults(ProjectileID.Bunny);
            projectile.name = "Corrupt Bunny Pet";
            aiType = ProjectileID.Bunny;
            Main.projFrames[projectile.type] = 8;
            Main.projPet[projectile.type] = true;
        }
        public override bool PreAI()
        {
            Player player = Main.player[projectile.owner];
            player.bunny = false;
            return true;
        }
        public override void AI()
        {
            MyPlayer modPlayer = player.GetModPlayer<MyPlayer>(mod);
            if (player.dead)
            {
                modPlayer.Pet = false;
            }
            if (modPlayer.Pet)
            {
                projectile.timeLeft = 2;
            }
        }
    }
}

Is a solution possibly to have modders create "statues" displaying their armours as an extra, with the same look as a mannequin, but not the same functionality, rather than having it tied to the mannequin code? It would mean a bit more work on their part, but it's possibly going to create less stress on the tmodloader peeps. That way, we can still have the armours/weapons displayed, but they loose their ability to add/remove pieces at will. It LOOKS the same, just doesn't ACT the same. I'd be ok with this, if it meant I could display things like usual, it just means more for the modders to code/sprite.
No. Yoraiz0r has fixing for mannequins on his list. It's vanilla that direly needs changes on that area before tModLoader can do anything with it.

jopojelly, can you help me with this? - http://prnt.sc/eju2ox
It appears when my world has been creating.
Without mods, world created.
Mods: Calamity and Tremor
It appears Tremor has issues with worldgen. Disable/update the mod and try again.

Is there a limit to the amount of NPC portraits that can be displayed on the housing tab in the engine or tModLoader or am I experiencing a specific mod-related bug?
It is probably a set limit in the vanilla source code, we could change it to be scrollable vertically instead (so it doesn't need a limit)

Help me please, I made a pet, but it's buried in the ground... Is there some sort of hitbox config? Please help.. :/

I think it involves the type of pet, it was originally a flying pet but I swapped the code to the Bunny AI.

This is the code VVV

Code:
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
{
    {
        {
        }
        {
            player.bunny = false;
            return true;
        }
        {
            if (player.dead)
            {
                modPlayer.Pet = false;
            }
            if (modPlayer.Pet)
            {
                projectile.timeLeft = 2;
            }
        }
    }
}

I am also able to spawn 2 bunnies of once.. Help?

Last edited:
This is the place to Report Tmod Bugs right? Well here it is... when I use a consumable, such as a potion or buff, I cannot click or use any of my items, kinda like my mouse except the right mouse button is locked. This started happening after I updated Tmod. This also used to happen if you used a recall or teleportation potion. The only way i've found to reset the bug is re-enter the world. Any help with this???

This is the place to Report Tmod Bugs right? Well here it is... when I use a consumable, such as a potion or buff, I cannot click or use any of my items, kinda like my mouse except the right mouse button is locked. This started happening after I updated Tmod. This also used to happen if you used a recall or teleportation potion. The only way i've found to reset the bug is re-enter the world. Any help with this???
That's not a tmodloader bug, it's a specific mod bug. It's only a tmodloader bug if you disable ALL mods, restart, and it still happens. Go disable your mods until you figure it out, or it might just be Even More Modifiers.

so, uhh, have you ever had any problems with people just not being able to install it? and it uninstalling randomly all by itself? (probably due to me recently updating it)

My game now crashes to desktop whenever I try to access the Mod Browser. The window comes up, but right about where I'd expect the list to appear, the game just poofs.

Hey, instead of berating you, i'll help you, i had the same problem myself, turned off all my mods, and turned them on one by one until i figured out which ones did the thing. and everyone kept saying it was Even more modifiers, which was true, but not alone, i found out it was also "Basic classes" by bil, and "starter weapons" also by bil. if you don't have those three, or if the problem still happens after you disable those three, use the same method yourself to figure out which one is causing the problem for you

That's not a tmodloader bug, it's a specific mod bug. It's only a tmodloader bug if you disable ALL mods, restart, and it still happens. Go disable your mods until you figure it out, or it might just be Even More Modifiers.

i would think, that since the bug happened to at least three mods,and not "just a specific mod" after tmodloader updated, that would in fact make it a tmodloader bug, that occurs with multiple mods

Hey, instead of berating you, i'll help you, i had the same problem myself, turned off all my mods, and turned them on one by one until i figured out which ones did the thing. and everyone kept saying it was Even more modifiers, which was true, but not alone, i found out it was also "Basic classes" by bil, and "starter weapons" also by bil. if you don't have those three, or if the problem still happens after you disable those three, use the same method yourself to figure out which one is causing the problem for you

i would think, that since the bug happened to at least three mods,and not "just a specific mod" after tmodloader updated, that would in fact make it a tmodloader bug, that occurs with multiple mods
I went back to 0.9.1.1 and Even more modifiers caused the same bug there. I did not try the other. Even more modifiers was updated at the same time as tmodloader, so to me it seemed like 0.9.2 was the problem, but testing it on old versions convinced me otherwise. I'll have to check out the other 2 you mention.

Edit: ok, looks like tmod devs have some thinking to do, there are some situations that were never addressed before that we need to thing about.

Last edited:
I used to use v0.9.1 and i just updated my tmod to v0.9.2.1 today and after I updated, I am unable to Host&Play the world that i used to. The world was created when i was using v0.9.1. It just stops at " Starting server". There was once that it shows that "You are not using the same version as this server". Is there any way to Host & Play a server in a new version of tMod that was created in the previous version of tMod?

I've been having an issue with tmodloader whilst playing multiplayer. Recently, a few friends and I started playing, and we experience a rather annoying slow-down of the game, only fixable when entering a menu, such as a chest or pressing esc. It's incredibly annoying, and we've spent hours filing through the mods that we have installed, and we've come to the conclusion that it's none of the individual mods causing it, but rather tmodloader itself. All of us are getting the issue, does anyone have any experience with fixes we could use?

I've been having the same issue for months, I believe it could be the NPCS as it doesn't happen when nobody is at spawn, although most of us just play with our menus open and it's not such a big deal, would like to see a fix however :)

I'm pretty sure this is the place to report mod bugs.. But I need help with my mod desperately, i've created some pets, but there are a few bugs with them.. I can spawn 2 pets at once, and when I spawned them, they're buried in the ground. I used a different type of script, it was originally a flying pet script, but I changed the behavior of it from the Zephyr Fish data to the Bunny Pet data. However when I switched it, the pets are completely in the ground, as I said. Here is the script of the pet - All help would be appriciated!

Code:
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
{
    {
        {
        }
        {
            player.bunny = false;
            return true;
        }
        {
            if (player.dead)
            {
                modPlayer.Pet = false;
            }
            if (modPlayer.Pet)
            {
                projectile.timeLeft = 2;
            }
        }
    }
}

i could need a little bit help right now (or maybe a bigger bit) im trying to make a weapon which should shoot a projectile like the solar eruption but i cant get anything from it besides of this:
d60CWUO.jpg

or this (recently):

vLTWH1K.jpg
(yeah im shooting)
and here are the code (right from IlSpy):
the item:
Code:
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;

namespace Aoa.Items.Weapons
{
    public class beastcutter : ModItem
    {
        {
            item.name = "Solar Eruption";
            item.useStyle = 5;
            item.useAnimation = 20;
            item.useTime = 20;
            item.shootSpeed = 24f;
            item.knockBack = 2f;
            item.width = 16;
            item.height = 16;
            item.UseSound = SoundID.Item116;
            item.shoot = 611;
            item.rare = 10;
            item.value = Item.sellPrice(0, 10, 0, 0);
            item.noMelee = true;
            item.noUseGraphic = true;
            item.channel = true;
            item.autoReuse = true;
            item.melee = true;
            item.damage = 105;
            item.shoot = mod.ProjectileType("handle");
            return;
        }
    }
}
the "handle":
Code:
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;

namespace Aoa.Projectiles
{
    public class handle : ModProjectile
    {
        {
            projectile.CloneDefaults(ProjectileID.SolarCounter);
            projectile.name = "handle";
        }
        {
            projectile.ai[1] += 0.01f;
            projectile.scale = projectile.ai[1];
            projectile.ai[0] += 1f;
            if (projectile.ai[0] >= (float)(3 * Main.projFrames[projectile.type]))
            {
                projectile.Kill();
                return;
            }
            if (++projectile.frameCounter >= 3)
            {
                projectile.frameCounter = 0;
                if (++projectile.frame >= Main.projFrames[projectile.type])
                {
                    projectile.hide = true;
                }
            }
            projectile.alpha -= 63;
            if (projectile.alpha < 0)
            {
                projectile.alpha = 0;
            }
            bool flag56 = projectile.type == 612;
            bool flag57 = projectile.type == 624;
            if (flag56)
            {
                Lighting.AddLight(projectile.Center, 0.9f, 0.8f, 0.6f);
            }
            if (projectile.ai[0] == 1f)
            {
                projectile.position = projectile.Center;
                projectile.width = (projectile.height = (int)(52f * projectile.scale));
                projectile.Center = projectile.position;
                projectile.Damage();
                if (flag56)
                {
                    Main.PlaySound(SoundID.Item14, projectile.position);
                    for (int num980 = 0; num980 < 4; num980++)
                    {
                        int num981 = Dust.NewDust(new Vector2(projectile.position.X, projectile.position.Y), projectile.width, projectile.height, 31, 0f, 0f, 100, default(Color), 1.5f);
                        Main.dust[num981].position = projectile.Center + Vector2.UnitY.RotatedByRandom(3.1415927410125732) * (float)Main.rand.NextDouble() * (float)projectile.width / 2f;
                    }
                    for (int num982 = 0; num982 < 10; num982++)
                    {
                        int num983 = Dust.NewDust(new Vector2(projectile.position.X, projectile.position.Y), projectile.width, projectile.height, 6, 0f, 0f, 200, default(Color), 2.7f);
                        Main.dust[num983].position = projectile.Center + Vector2.UnitY.RotatedByRandom(3.1415927410125732) * (float)Main.rand.NextDouble() * (float)projectile.width / 2f;
                        Main.dust[num983].noGravity = true;
                        Main.dust[num983].velocity *= 3f;
                        num983 = Dust.NewDust(new Vector2(projectile.position.X, projectile.position.Y), projectile.width, projectile.height, 6, 0f, 0f, 100, default(Color), 1.5f);
                        Main.dust[num983].position = projectile.Center + Vector2.UnitY.RotatedByRandom(3.1415927410125732) * (float)Main.rand.NextDouble() * (float)projectile.width / 2f;
                        Main.dust[num983].velocity *= 2f;
                        Main.dust[num983].noGravity = true;
                        Main.dust[num983].fadeIn = 2.5f;
                    }
                    for (int num984 = 0; num984 < 5; num984++)
                    {
                        int num985 = Dust.NewDust(new Vector2(projectile.position.X, projectile.position.Y), projectile.width, projectile.height, 6, 0f, 0f, 0, default(Color), 2.7f);
                        Main.dust[num985].position = projectile.Center + Vector2.UnitX.RotatedByRandom(3.1415927410125732).RotatedBy((double)projectile.velocity.ToRotation(), default(Vector2)) * (float)projectile.width / 2f;
                        Main.dust[num985].noGravity = true;
                        Main.dust[num985].velocity *= 3f;
                    }
                    for (int num986 = 0; num986 < 10; num986++)
                    {
                        int num987 = Dust.NewDust(new Vector2(projectile.position.X, projectile.position.Y), projectile.width, projectile.height, 31, 0f, 0f, 0, default(Color), 1.5f);
                        Main.dust[num987].position = projectile.Center + Vector2.UnitX.RotatedByRandom(3.1415927410125732).RotatedBy((double)projectile.velocity.ToRotation(), default(Vector2)) * (float)projectile.width / 2f;
                        Main.dust[num987].noGravity = true;
                        Main.dust[num987].velocity *= 3f;
                    }
                }
                if (flag57)
                {
                    Main.PlaySound(SoundID.Item14, projectile.position);
                    for (int num988 = 0; num988 < 20; num988++)
                    {
                        int num989 = Dust.NewDust(projectile.position, projectile.width, projectile.height, 135, 0f, 0f, 100, default(Color), 1.5f);
                        Main.dust[num989].position = projectile.Center + Vector2.UnitY.RotatedByRandom(3.1415927410125732) * (float)Main.rand.NextDouble() * (float)projectile.width / 2f;
                        Main.dust[num989].velocity *= 2f;
                        Main.dust[num989].noGravity = true;
                        Main.dust[num989].fadeIn = 2.5f;
                    }
                    for (int num990 = 0; num990 < 15; num990++)
                    {
                        int num991 = Dust.NewDust(projectile.position, projectile.width, projectile.height, 135, 0f, 0f, 0, default(Color), 2.7f);
                        Main.dust[num991].position = projectile.Center + Vector2.UnitX.RotatedByRandom(3.1415927410125732).RotatedBy((double)projectile.velocity.ToRotation(), default(Vector2)) * (float)projectile.width / 2f;
                        Main.dust[num991].noGravity = true;
                        Main.dust[num991].velocity *= 3f;
                    }
                    float num992 = (float)Main.rand.NextDouble() * 6.28318548f;
                    float num993 = (float)Main.rand.NextDouble() * 6.28318548f;
                    float num994 = (float)Main.rand.NextDouble() * 6.28318548f;
                    float num995 = 7f + (float)Main.rand.NextDouble() * 7f;
                    float num996 = 7f + (float)Main.rand.NextDouble() * 7f;
                    float num997 = 7f + (float)Main.rand.NextDouble() * 7f;
                    float num998 = num995;
                    if (num996 > num998)
                    {
                        num998 = num996;
                    }
                    if (num997 > num998)
                    {
                        num998 = num997;
                    }
                    for (int num999 = 0; num999 < 200; num999++)
                    {
                        int num1000 = 135;
                        float scaleFactor14 = num998;
                        if (num999 > 50)
                        {
                            scaleFactor14 = num996;
                        }
                        if (num999 > 100)
                        {
                            scaleFactor14 = num995;
                        }
                        if (num999 > 150)
                        {
                            scaleFactor14 = num997;
                        }
                        int num1001 = Dust.NewDust(projectile.position, 6, 6, num1000, 0f, 0f, 100, default(Color), 1f);
                        Vector2 vector123 = Main.dust[num1001].velocity;
                        Main.dust[num1001].position = projectile.Center;
                        vector123.Normalize();
                        vector123 *= scaleFactor14;
                        if (num999 > 150)
                        {
                            vector123.Y *= 0.5f;
                            vector123 = vector123.RotatedBy((double)num994, default(Vector2));
                        }
                        else if (num999 > 100)
                        {
                            vector123.X *= 0.5f;
                            vector123 = vector123.RotatedBy((double)num992, default(Vector2));
                        }
                        else if (num999 > 50)
                        {
                            vector123.Y *= 0.5f;
                            vector123 = vector123.RotatedBy((double)num993, default(Vector2));
                        }
                        Main.dust[num1001].velocity *= 0.2f;
                        Main.dust[num1001].velocity += vector123;
                        if (num999 <= 200)
                        {
                            Main.dust[num1001].scale = 2f;
                            Main.dust[num1001].noGravity = true;
                            Main.dust[num1001].fadeIn = Main.rand.NextFloat() * 2f;
                            if (Main.rand.Next(4) == 0)
                            {
                                Main.dust[num1001].fadeIn = 2.5f;
                            }
                            Main.dust[num1001].noLight = true;
                            if (num999 < 100)
                            {
                                Main.dust[num1001].position += Main.dust[num1001].velocity * 20f;
                                Main.dust[num1001].velocity *= -1f;
                            }
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
and the actual projectile:
Code:
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;

namespace Aoa.Projectiles
{
    public class beastcutterwhip : ModProjectile
    {
        {
            projectile.CloneDefaults(ProjectileID.SolarWhipSword);
            projectile.name = "beastcutterwhip";
            aiType = ProjectileID.SolarWhipSword;
        }
        {
            {
                float num = 1.57079637f;
                Vector2 vector = player.RotatedRelativePoint(player.MountedCenter, true);
                projectile.ai[0] += 1f;
                int num2 = 0;
                if (projectile.ai[0] >= 40f)
                {
                    num2++;
                }
                if (projectile.ai[0] >= 80f)
                {
                    num2++;
                }
                if (projectile.ai[0] >= 120f)
                {
                    num2++;
                }
                int num3 = 24;
                int num4 = 6;
                projectile.ai[1] += 1f;
                bool flag = false;
                if (projectile.ai[1] >= (float)(num3 - num4 * num2))
                {
                    projectile.ai[1] = 0f;
                    flag = true;
                }
                projectile.frameCounter += 1 + num2;
                if (projectile.frameCounter >= 4)
                {
                    projectile.frameCounter = 0;
                    projectile.frame++;
                    if (projectile.frame >= 6)
                    {
                        projectile.frame = 0;
                    }
                }
                if (projectile.soundDelay <= 0)
                {
                    projectile.soundDelay = num3 - num4 * num2;
                    if (projectile.ai[0] != 1f)
                    {
                        Main.PlaySound(SoundID.Item91, projectile.position);
                    }
                }
                if (projectile.ai[1] == 1f && projectile.ai[0] != 1f)
                {
                    Vector2 vector2 = Vector2.UnitX * 24f;
                    vector2 = vector2.RotatedBy((double)(projectile.rotation - 1.57079637f), default(Vector2));
                    Vector2 value = projectile.Center + vector2;
                    for (int i = 0; i < 2; i++)
                    {
                        int num5 = Dust.NewDust(value - Vector2.One * 8f, 16, 16, 135, projectile.velocity.X / 2f, projectile.velocity.Y / 2f, 100, default(Color), 1f);
                        Main.dust[num5].velocity *= 0.66f;
                        Main.dust[num5].noGravity = true;
                        Main.dust[num5].scale = 1.4f;
                    }
                }
                if (flag && Main.myPlayer == projectile.owner)
                {
                    bool flag2 = player.channel && player.CheckMana(player.inventory[player.selectedItem].mana, true, false) && !player.noItems && !player.CCed;
                    if (flag2)
                    {
                        float scaleFactor = player.inventory[player.selectedItem].shootSpeed * projectile.scale;
                        Vector2 value2 = vector;
                        Vector2 value3 = Main.screenPosition + new Vector2((float)Main.mouseX, (float)Main.mouseY) - value2;
                        if (player.gravDir == -1f)
                        {
                            value3.Y = (float)(Main.screenHeight - Main.mouseY) + Main.screenPosition.Y - value2.Y;
                        }
                        Vector2 vector3 = Vector2.Normalize(value3);
                        if (float.IsNaN(vector3.X) || float.IsNaN(vector3.Y))
                        {
                            vector3 = -Vector2.UnitY;
                        }
                        vector3 *= scaleFactor;
                        if (vector3.X != projectile.velocity.X || vector3.Y != projectile.velocity.Y)
                        {
                            projectile.netUpdate = true;
                        }
                        projectile.velocity = vector3;
                        int num6 = 440;
                        float scaleFactor2 = 14f;
                        int num7 = 7;
                        for (int j = 0; j < 2; j++)
                        {
                            value2 = projectile.Center + new Vector2((float)Main.rand.Next(-num7, num7 + 1), (float)Main.rand.Next(-num7, num7 + 1));
                            Vector2 spinningpoint = Vector2.Normalize(projectile.velocity) * scaleFactor2;
                            spinningpoint = spinningpoint.RotatedBy(Main.rand.NextDouble() * 0.19634954631328583 - 0.098174773156642914, default(Vector2));
                            if (float.IsNaN(spinningpoint.X) || float.IsNaN(spinningpoint.Y))
                            {
                                spinningpoint = -Vector2.UnitY;
                            }
                            Projectile.NewProjectile(value2.X, value2.Y, spinningpoint.X, spinningpoint.Y, num6, projectile.damage, projectile.knockBack, projectile.owner, 0f, 0f);
                        }
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        projectile.Kill();
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
i hope that i can get an answer soon:)

Last edited:

Alright, I got rid of Even More Modifiers because that was indeed the problem. Thanks for the help guys! :D

Hey I'm having a bit of an issue lately with (modded) Terraria, and since its literally stopped me from playing I thought maybe I should get some better help on the situation..
I run the Linux OS (Ubuntu 16.10) on my computer and I'm fairly used to it so I know how to fix certain problems.. but this I'm kinda stumped on, I don't see much on the forums on this topic but whenever I start my game with my mods loading it suddenly crashes right around the time the steam overlay message pops up, after this the program crashes and I'm pretty much forced to kill the program. Now I do have some terminal logs from this but they don't seem to be much help to me so far, I am able to send a log of what happens when I do start it up normally without tmodloader and with tmodloader. I've also tried several things to fix the issue, mainly things like, taking the mods out and loading it that way, verifying the integrity of the game files and reinstalling tmodloader, uninstalling Terraria and reinstalling Terraria with tmodloader, and also clearing the download cache. none of which seemed to help, it seems like it only works rarely if anything since I've only gotten it to start up once. Another thing I tried was launching steam through terminal with different commands, and for some reason it worked sometimes when I did that..
also I launched Terraria normally through terminal by its main file "Terraria" "Terraria.bin.x86" and "Terraria.bin.x86_64", yet "Terraria.exe" doesn't seem to load..
If it also helps I'm using tmodloader v0.9.2.1, (and the linux version of course)
any help is appreciated, and if you need more information please let me know and I'll get it to you.

Edit: I feel really stupid I just found out what the issue was... (I had a file in my mods folder messing everything up.)

Last edited:
Okay, I am still having issues on how to update tmod from 9.1 to 9.2.1, I tried the .jar file and it didn't work. I would do the manual upgrade but i don't know how to. How can i upgrade and still keep all my previous worlds, etc.?

Okay, I am still having issues on how to update tmod from 9.1 to 9.2.1, I tried the .jar file and it didn't work. I would do the manual upgrade but i don't know how to. How can i upgrade and still keep all my previous worlds, etc.?
None of your player or world files are lost when upgrading. Just unzip the contents to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria and overwrite when asked.

i found a bug wen i craft something or switch my hotbar i get an extra hotbar when that happins i cant place the crafted block and iam stuck at that new hotbar slot that does not even exist in the first place it happins the most wen i craft something or wierdly switch my hotbars

mods that iam using:

W1KModRedux

Trelamium

SpiritMod

RPG classes

Loot bags

JoostMod

ExperienceAndClasses

EnemyMods

CalamityMod

to say it short becouse i dont know how to screenshot my terraria, sometimes it creats a new hotbar that does not exist or has a binding too it.
and then iam stuck at that hot bar and need to save the game in order to fix that bug, but i always get it wen i craft or switch my hot bars

i have a feeling that rpg classes makes that bug happining but iam not sure

pls it ruining me fun time

ps:sorry for my bad english iam not a british man or a american or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom