Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

It seems that the newest version (0.9.2.3) of tModLoader for Linux has its bash scripts corrupted by untranslated Windows (or whatever) symbols (ex : ^M for carriage return). Using a programm like dos2unix seems to fix the problem.

Now it has this error
c:\Users\--------\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Unknownmod\Items\Weapons\Rustedsword.cs(1,15) : error CS1002: ; expected

(i used - to block out my name for privacy)
You're missing a ";" somewhere in your code, check the line endings.

So i've got this gun that's supposed to play a specific custom sound when fired, but whenever I fire, the sound doesn't play at all.

Sound file:
Code:
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio;

using Terraria;

using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace NerfMod.Sounds.Item

{

publicclassNerfshoot2 : ModSound

{

publicoverride SoundEffectInstance PlaySound(ref SoundEffectInstance soundInstance, float volume, float pan, SoundType type)

{

soundInstance = sound.CreateInstance();

soundInstance.Volume = volume * .9f;

soundInstance.Pan = pan;

soundInstance.Pitch = -1.0f;

return soundInstance;

}

}

}

Weapon file:
Code:
using Terraria.ID;

using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace NerfMod.Items.Weapons

{

publicclassMaverick: ModItem

{

publicoverridevoid SetDefaults()

{

item.name = "Maverick"; //Gun name

item.damage = 15; //gun damage

item.ranged = true; //its a gun so set this to true

item.width = 38; //gun image width

item.height = 18; //gun image height

item.toolTip = "A pretty basic gun.";

item.useTime = 20; //how fast

item.useAnimation = 20;

item.useStyle = 5; //

item.knockBack = 4;

item.value = 10;

item.rare = 2;

item.UseSound = mod.GetLegacySoundSlot(SoundType.Item, "Sounds/Item/Nerfshoot2");

item.autoReuse = true;

item.shoot = 10; //idk why but all the guns in the vanilla source have this

item.shootSpeed = 16f;

item.useAmmo = AmmoID.Bullet;

}

publicoverridevoid AddRecipes() //How to craft this gun

{

ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);

recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.DirtBlock, 1); //you need 1 DirtBlock

recipe.AddTile(TileID.WorkBenches); //at work bench

}

}

}

Now it has this error
c:\Users\--------\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Unknownmod\Items\Weapons\Rustedsword.cs(1,15) : error CS1002: ; expected

(i used - to block out my name for privacy)

its asking for this symbol ";"
at line 1,15 symbols out basically at the end of line one add that symbol

How do you check what is the frame of a wall? Looking in the source I found Tile.wallFrameX(), Tile.wallFrameY() and Tile.wallFrameNumber() but I haven't understand exactely how to use them, someone knows how to check if tile's wall frame is a determined frame?

Last edited:
Soooo... I was told that the modloader would be compatible with 1.5 around the end of May, does anyone else have a guess on when the modloader will be compatible with 1.5?

Soooo... I was told that the modloader would be compatible with 1.5 around the end of May, does anyone else have a guess on when the modloader will be compatible with 1.5?

New guess: The end of this month.

The real answer is that tModloader is open source, so y'all complainers can fart out a compatibility update in the next six or so hours, since it's apparently so effortless to accomplish that it should've been done already. Make sure to give us a download link when you're done now, y'hear?

The real answer is that tModloader is open source, so y'all complainers can fart out a compatibility update in the next six or so hours, since it's apparently so effortless to accomplish that it should've been done already. Make sure to give us a download link when you're done now, y'hear?
No need to be a jerk. He was just asking a simple question.

How do i download the 1.3.4.4 version? i cant really find anything and terraria just keeps crashing after loading mods

No one is technically playing 1.3.5 modded yet. To play tModLoader right now, you need to downgrade to 1.3.4. For windows users, we managed to make a zip that downgrades to 1.3.4 and installs 0.9.2.3. For Mac/Linux users, they have to follow the instructions below:

Alternative workaround for Mac/Linux users:
1) Close Steam if it's running
2) Open a terminal
3) Linux: type in steam -console Mac: type in open steam://open/console
4) This will open steam in "console mode", go to the console tab at the top of the steam window
5) Type in the commands in Steam Console for your respective OS:
Linux: download_depot 105600 105602 1724598424009969555
Mac: download_depot 105600 105603 5456929779685479800
Windows: download_depot 105600 105601 7118084600027986257 (not needed, there's a dedicated workaround)
6) This will start a download that is very very slow (takes ~50-60 minutes). There is NO progress bar, just have faith and wait, when it finishes it will show a message similar to this one: Depot download complete : "/home/raydj/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32\steamapps\content\app_105600\depot_105602" ... (you have to replace the backslashes \ with forward slashes / Depot download complete : "/Users/jasoncao/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam.AppBundle/Steam/Contents/MacOS/steamapps/content/app_105600/depot_105603" ...
7) Install Tmodloader (0.9.3.2 for 1.3.4.4) MANUALLY to the Terraria that you just downloaded (read the txt file in tmod for help with that)
8) Run the "new" Terraria and VOILA! It uses the same savefiles so you're good! Note: if you run Terraria via steam library, then you still get vanilla 1.3.5.2, however if you run it off just the app file you just downloaded, it will run a SEPARATE Terraria 1.3.4.4 with your Tmod installed. That is both a win and a loss? Good Luck!

Basically, we use built in steam tools to downgrade to 1.3.4.4 and then install the 0.9.2.3 on top of that.

Thats the way that jopojelly gave us

That's already been done. 1.3.5 compatibile version of the tmod was released like 2 months ago. Idk why are you beeing a :red: to people instead of pointing them to the patched version of the tmod.
https://github.com/bluemagic123/tModLoader/releases/tag/v0.9.2.3-for-v1.3.5

I know there's a 1.3.5 compatibility patch for Windows, but will Mac/Linux users just not receive one? If so, is there a way for me to mix and match files from v0.9.2.3 (Mac) and v0.9.2.3 (Windows patched) so that I can play 1.3.5 modded?

Back
Top Bottom