Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Ok, wondering if you guys can help me with something, I am looking for this mod called Overpowered it was called though I think the filename was called MyFirst:red:eMod or something, and this was before I updated, does anybody have a link to the mod thread so that I can download it again? Cause I would like to have a copy of it around in case, plus if it is possblae and allowed I would like to inspect it's code and see how it ticks.

1-Youre using still the modloader version 9.2.3? because if you put the cursor on the mod name the user that creates the mod will be displayed so you can serach the user on the forums.

2-Unless you have the trust of the dev a mods source code wont be displayed for everyone, because they not want someone "Ilegally" copy their work on someone mods without their autorization, if this happens the person is screwed or banned from the forums.

The new tmodloader version seems to not let me launch the game:

Attachments

• Tmodloader Glitch.PNG
    Tmodloader Glitch.PNG
    9 KB · Views: 402
Redownload Vanilla Terraria, and reinstall tModLoader, it's what I had to do, and it worked fine after (On steam, right click Terraria in your Library, then Properties. Click the "Local Files" tab, then the "Verify Integrity of Game Files" button, to redownload Vanilla Terraria, if you aren't sure how)

Ok, so I am trying to make a OP gun for modded Terraria that one shot anything including the moon lord and dungeon guardian, but i got this error, sorry if i am a noob i am an absolute beginner.

c:\Users\Zallaraxium 1\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\MCZallaraxiumsOverPoweredGunMod\Items\MC Zallaraxium's Lucky Gun!.cs(6,29) : error CS1519: Invalid token ''\u0073'' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
=
the code for the file

using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace MCZallaraxiumsOverPoweredGunMod.Items
{
public class MC Zallaraxium's Lucky Gun! : ModItem
{
public override void SetStaticDefaults()
{
DisplayName.SetDefault("MC Zallaraxium's Lucky Gun!");
Tooltip.SetDefault("This is a modded sword.");
}
public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.damage = 100000000;
item.melee = false;
item.ranged = true;
item.width = 40;
item.height = 40;
item.useTime = 20;
item.useAnimation = 1;
item.useStyle = 5;
item.noMelee = false;
item.knockBack = 16;
item.value = 100000000;
item.rare = 2;
item.UseSound = SoundID.Item1;
item.autoReuse = true;
item.useAmmo = AmmoID.Coin;
}

public override void AddRecipes()
{
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.DirtBlock, 1);
recipe.AddTile(TileID.WorkBenches);
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();
}
}
}

Ok, so I am trying to make a OP gun for modded Terraria that one shot anything including the moon lord and dungeon guardian, but i got this error, sorry if i am a noob i am an absolute beginner.

c:\Users\Zallaraxium 1\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\MCZallaraxiumsOverPoweredGunMod\Items\MC Zallaraxium's Lucky Gun!.cs(6,29) : error CS1519: Invalid token ''\u0073'' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
=
the code for the file

using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace MCZallaraxiumsOverPoweredGunMod.Items
{
public class MC Zallaraxium's Lucky Gun! : ModItem
{
public override void SetStaticDefaults()
{
DisplayName.SetDefault("MC Zallaraxium's Lucky Gun!");
Tooltip.SetDefault("This is a modded sword.");
}
public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.damage = 100000000;
item.melee = false;
item.ranged = true;
item.width = 40;
item.height = 40;
item.useTime = 20;
item.useAnimation = 1;
item.useStyle = 5;
item.noMelee = false;
item.knockBack = 16;
item.value = 100000000;
item.rare = 2;
item.UseSound = SoundID.Item1;
item.autoReuse = true;
item.useAmmo = AmmoID.Coin;
}

public override void AddRecipes()
{
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.DirtBlock, 1);
recipe.AddTile(TileID.WorkBenches);
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();
}
}
}
Item names cannot have spaces.
You should change 'public class MC Zallaraxium's Lucky Gun! : ModItem' into 'public class MC_Zallaraxium's_Lucky_Gun! : ModItem' or something and name your file accordingly. Just calling it LuckyGun would suffice, too, it's just important for file structure.

Why This Happen? View attachment 172619
[doublepost=1496875933,1496875444][/doublepost]Why This Happend?
View attachment 172620
The Mod: Mob Utilities is broken.
[doublepost=1496899026][/doublepost]
Attention!
  1. We know tModLoader v0.10 for Mac and Linux doesn't launch right now, just be patient while we figure it out
  2. Most mods aren't updated to 0.10 yet, so be patient for them as well
  3. If you are trying to run 0.10 and have errors mentioning SteamAPI or Steamworks, you need to Verify your Game integrity via steam and then install v0.10.
This is for everyone who has posted in the last few pages.

So when i tried to start terraria with the new tModloader v0.10, i got a black screen and a message saying that my display has "No connection" (using DisplayPort btw) and whenever i alt+tab out of the game, it connects again and the rest works like it should. It only happens with Terraria it seems like.

Thanks in advance. :happy:
Have you run tModLoader before? It sounds like the game is trying to output to a resolution that your monitor doesn't support. Locate tModloaders config file, which is probably My Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\config.json and change "Fullscreen": true, to "Fullscreen": false, then see if the game will launch windowed.

@Gustavo123, @Demo and @IDFC, you probably just need to verify Terraria's cache.

Hey, v0.10 doesn't work for me so I assumed I need a clean 1.3.5 install first but I was wondering if my save files would dissappear if I did that. Does it? How can I save them?

Hey, v0.10 doesn't work for me so I assumed I need a clean 1.3.5 install first but I was wondering if my save files would dissappear if I did that. Does it? How can I save them?
Save files don't disappear unless you delete them manually. If you want to backup them, they're in "my games\Terraria\Modloader" the Player and Worlds folder.

Hello, I noticed in the ExampleMod that it has a reference to ReLogic. I realised that I need the same reference to use DynamicSpriteFontExtensionMethods, (I think) but I don't know how to get a reference to ReLogic. I tried referencing the file ReLogic.Native.dll, but that threw an error. (make sure that the file is accessible and a valid assembly or COM component). Some help, please?

Back
Top Bottom