Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Hey, what Version Of Terraria does the ModLoader currently work on? Is it updated to 1.3.5.3 Yet?
tModLoader has never and will never update to 1.3.5.3, as it offers nothing extra that is of importance. tModLoader will update to 1.3.6 when it releases. The current tModLoader version is 0.10.1.3 and runs on 1.3.5.2 Terraria

tModLoader has never and will never update to 1.3.5.3, as it offers nothing extra that is of importance. tModLoader will update to 1.3.6 when it releases. The current tModLoader version is 0.10.1.3 and runs on 1.3.5.2 Terraria

Does it work on the latest version anyway, since, as you said, Nothing of note had changed from 1.3.5.2?

Does it work on the latest version anyway, since, as you said, Nothing of note had changed from 1.3.5.2?
No, because it doesn't magically /just/ work. It takes us time to update our patches, which we didn't do because the newer version doesn't offer anything of importance to modders.

A suggestion for the Example Mod:

An example equipables slot would be great (like the grappling hook or pet or mount slots), perhaps for wings, or torches as an example.

(This would be very useful to me as I've been trying to make vairious UI things including a slot for a specific type of equipable - which I still haven't figured out how to do)

Change statManaMax
That is not the mana status I want to change, I want to change the mana status that is reset
every frame, the statManaMax2.
I notice the mod is in action on it because the mana status shows a non multiple of 20 number
on the it, like 68 max mana, but when the number goes higher than 400, the mana seems to be capped at 400.

That is not the mana status I want to change, I want to change the mana status that is reset
I notice the mod is in action on it because the mana status shows a non multiple of 20 number
on the it, like 68 max mana, but when the number goes higher than 400, the mana seems to be capped at 400.
From what I understand, there is a 'Hard Cap' of 400 for the Mana stat. It's built deep into the game's code and probably can't be changed by mods.

From what I understand, there is a 'Hard Cap' of 400 for the Mana stat. It's built deep into the game's code and probably can't be changed by mods.
A mod can still change the max life or mana. Take a look at ExamplePlayer in Example Mod, and then exampleLifeFruits and its implementation. The same can be done for mana.

Reactions: 000
That is the problem, there could be a way of removing the cap, or else I'll have to make mana doesn't get changes from the mod.

A mod can still change the max life or mana. Take a look at ExamplePlayer in Example Mod, and then exampleLifeFruits and its implementation. The same can be done for mana.
I stand corrected. I remember reading about a cap of 400 for mana somewhere, but evidently that can be overridden by a mod.

hey... i want a easy and fast way to change between mod and vannilla without deleting
[doublepost=1524320451,1524320335][/doublepost]like a "switch" from terraria on=mods and off=Vanila terraria.
but i dont want delete and reinstall every single day that i want play vanila and mods

Hi, I was having this issue for a while on tmodloader and finally decided to post my problem about it by making an account on here.

Any solutions?

Attachments

• why.jpg
    why.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 214
hey... i want a easy and fast way to change between mod and vannilla without deleting
[doublepost=1524320451,1524320335][/doublepost]like a "switch" from terraria on=mods and off=Vanila terraria.
but i dont want delete and reinstall every single day that i want play vanila and mods

You need to make a batch file, or rather two batch files: one to switch to vanilla, the other to tmodloader.

ETA: I wrote two quick ones for myself, which I've attached. They assume that you've already backed up your vanilla Terreria (as Terraria.exe.BACKUP) and the tModloader version (as Terraria.exe.tMODLOADER), also that you;ve got Steam installed on your D: drive (so you'll need to change that if appropriate). To use just double click the version for which you want to run and it will copy the appropriate .exe and launch it.
ETA2: Okay, apparently you can't upload .bat files here. So, make 2 new text files, rename them to whatever you want, making sure to change the extensions to .bat, as follows:

Code:
copy "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe.BACKUP" "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe"
start /d  "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\" Terraria.exe

Code:
copy "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe.tMODLOADER" "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe"
start /d  "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\" "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe"

As written, the code assumes default Windows 7 paths, so of course you'll need to adjust those if your install is somewhere else.
Use at your own risk, I make no guarantees.

[doublepost=1524337804][/doublepost]
Hi, I was having this issue for a while on tmodloader and finally decided to post my problem about it by making an account on here.

Any solutions?

Have you tried deleting and redownloading the Calamity mod? Have you tried running the game with the Calamity mod disabled?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom