tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

A new Hotfix just came out to TerraGuardians 1.4.4.
This hotfix will fix issues with companions not being drawn correctly on interfaces, and also
an issue where Mabel could accidentally partially destroy reality for having her head stuck in the ground.
Long story.

Companions will no longer continue reviving someone while using an item.
Fixed an issue where companions drawn behind tiles were causing graphical glitches to the game.
Fixed an issue where companions were being drawn behind interfaces that should display them.

Enjoy :3

It looks like this.

Attachments

• 12314.jpg
    12314.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 38
Hm, looks like companion head is also off the interface position too.
I can try moving downwards the interface when that mod is loaded, I just need to know it's internal name.

New Hotfix launched!

This hotfix fixes some issues, like mod biomes having their background walls being swapped every frame, and companions cursor breaking when using some weapons.

Changed how companions will check which biome they're at:
=> When following the player, their biome settings will be the same as the followed player.
=> This change will fix a issue where mod biomes had their switch flipping on and off.
Fixed an issue where companions were still receiving fall damage even when they had accessories preventing it.
=> Companions you're mounted on will still, oddily, not receive fall damage. I'll need to investigate this further.
Fixed a problem with companions aiming cursor which caused it to break, when using static projectile weapons.
You can now see your leader companion cursor when with debug mode on.

Enjoy :3

Gaomon actually... And I wonder that too, but I only made that mod to showcase how people can make custom companions for the mod.

Thank you for your recommendation! I'll see what can I do.
Do your best!

@topic Update launched, but I wont be spending much time talking about it, since I'm kind of in a hurry right now.

Not only this update brings back the pulling system that TerraGuardians 1.3 had (where companions would be pulled towards you by a chain if they got far away or couldn't reach you), but this update also fixed some odd damage calculation issue with projectiles, which was causing companions to receive WAY MORE damage than intended from npcs projectiles.
Things were so absurd, that I even witnessed my companions receiving 2000 damage from Demon Scythes.

This update will bring a fix to those issues, and also to other issues I found on my playthrough.

Companion you are mounted on will now have full movement control if your character is knocked out while mounted on them.
You can now toggle if you want the Skills system active or not.
=> When inactive, TerraGuardian companions will not only not gain skill exp, but also wont receive benefits from it.
Companions will now better check if where they're wandering to is safe.
Fixed a related to companions moving home, while losing their house.
Removed odd damage calculation factors that were affecting companions when hit by projectiles.
=> That means npcs projectiles should no longer hit companions waaaaaaay harder than should.
Requests will now know if a monster is a variant of another monster, for counting towards completting it.
Vladimir should now be less awkward when following the player, after the player accept his request.
Sardine's Bounty Board that asks you to hunt a target from the underground, will no longer have the chance of asking you to huntdown Stardust Tower enemies.
Companions will no longer try reviving knocked out characters being carried by another companion.

I hope you guys have fun, and be sure to let me know of any issues.

See ya another time :D

Do your best!

@topic Update launched, but I wont be spending much time talking about it, since I'm kind of in a hurry right now.

Not only this update brings back the pulling system that TerraGuardians 1.3 had (where companions would be pulled towards you by a chain if they got far away or couldn't reach you), but this update also fixed some odd damage calculation issue with projectiles, which was causing companions to receive WAY MORE damage than intended from npcs projectiles.
Things were so absurd, that I even witnessed my companions receiving 2000 damage from Demon Scythes.

This update will bring a fix to those issues, and also to other issues I found on my playthrough.

Companion you are mounted on will now have full movement control if your character is knocked out while mounted on them.
You can now toggle if you want the Skills system active or not.
=> When inactive, TerraGuardian companions will not only not gain skill exp, but also wont receive benefits from it.
Companions will now better check if where they're wandering to is safe.
Fixed a related to companions moving home, while losing their house.
Removed odd damage calculation factors that were affecting companions when hit by projectiles.
=> That means npcs projectiles should no longer hit companions waaaaaaay harder than should.
Requests will now know if a monster is a variant of another monster, for counting towards completting it.
Vladimir should now be less awkward when following the player, after the player accept his request.
Sardine's Bounty Board that asks you to hunt a target from the underground, will no longer have the chance of asking you to huntdown Stardust Tower enemies.
Companions will no longer try reviving knocked out characters being carried by another companion.

I hope you guys have fun, and be sure to let me know of any issues.

See ya another time :D
Can I ask which button is use to order companions to sell stuff and do other things in the newest version? I remember it used to be Q but now I can't find that button (I just came back recently so i don't know the newest update ). i also want to summon that black cat companion so I rush to defeat King Slime to call him, but i don't see him spawn? how to spawn him in this version?

Can I ask which button is use to order companions to sell stuff and do other things in the newest version? I remember it used to be Q but now I can't find that button (I just came back recently so i don't know the newest update ). i also want to summon that black cat companion so I rush to defeat King Slime to call him, but i don't see him spawn? how to spawn him in this version?
Command system not present yet in 1.4.

I also had trouble with getting black cat Sardine,try few times defeat slime,if it not work,try disable all mods exept guards and try defeat slime again.

Is it intended for Michelle not to have access to the skill system like another companion? or it is a bug caused by the 1.4 version of the game?

It is intended. Skills are a TerraGuardian thing. That also includes the Buddy appointment (except for the portrait of a friend).

do you still need help? I mean migrate this mod development to 1.4 and maybe develop it more in the future. I know basic C#, and basic modding (Aka item modding, basic Hostile npc, or town NPC modding). And I also have plenty of time so I think I could help you. (Of course, you have to tolerate my lack of knowledge in some areas. I used to modding, but only 1.3, and on some pretty small mods only. I am open to learning so that will not be a problem for long).

Getting help porting the mod would be handy, even more regarding bringing contents from 1.3 to 1.4 tModLoader.
Beside the companions themselves have their own degrees of complexity, some few things, like their attributes, animations and dialogues, should actually be easier to port.
And yeah, you might be able to imagine why I didn't ported all the companions back again, heh. Like, the mod functions completelly different from 1.3, and will
still need some work to bring back features and stuff.

Maybe you can help me with porting the basics of the companions to 1.4, so that way, I will only have the advanced stuff regarding them (like their extra functions and behaviors) to take care of.

Getting help porting the mod would be handy, even more regarding bringing contents from 1.3 to 1.4 tModLoader.
Beside the companions themselves have their own degrees of complexity, some few things, like their attributes, animations and dialogues, should actually be easier to port.
And yeah, you might be able to imagine why I didn't ported all the companions back again, heh. Like, the mod functions completelly different from 1.3, and will
still need some work to bring back features and stuff.

Maybe you can help me with porting the basics of the companions to 1.4, so that way, I will only have the advanced stuff regarding them (like their extra functions and behaviors) to take care of.
About the porting basic companion part, I don't see Cille, So I will start with her. And one more thing, How can I send the results to you after I am done? To your discord, or Straight to your GitHub, Or here?

I'm porting them based on interest, and then order.
Since no new interest arised, so I returned to porting them in order of release.

If you want to port Cille, you may. If you want to check the order of release,
you can check the companions order and their ids, at Containers/CompanionDB.cs script.
There's a number of constants there with the ids, numbered by their addition order.

Do notice that few of the companions in that list are wip or unreleased.

To avoid possible conflicts, maybe letting me know through discord what you plan on changing
will be a good idea, before you make a fork on Github.
I believe that simply making the return companion folder and adding scripts to it will not cause
conflicts, but messing with CompanionDB.cs script when I could end up messing with it too can.

Sorry for the long delay guys, update just came out, and with someone new.

Arrival

I wanted to implement a new companion after the arrival of Celeste, and the few rearrivals that came afterwards.
I think I should not focus that much on the arrival of new companions that much, to not delay working on the other
features and companions that should return. Gladly, this one made me work and flesh out a feature from 1.3, which
will be very useful for future companions.

I want to introduce you Leona.
FemaleLionWarrior.png
Leona: "*Ah, so that's what was outside the portal. Say, have you seen someone like me?*"

Leona was a Royal Guard, just like Brutus, but she's more into offensive combat, while Brutus is more about
defensive.

She brings with her her trusty greatsword, which she will try using in combat to attack, and retaliate foes that
tries poses a threat to her, and her allies.

And I just noticed that I forgot her description. Oh well, might be coming next update.

You don't need to get to hardmode to find her, so don't worry much about that.

Orders System Reimplemented

They're back. The orders interface are back, and you will still need to assign a keybinding for it to use.

A good number of orders have been reimplemented, alongside their functionalities ported to 1.4 version of
the mod.

The system was also reworked to make it possible for modders to add new orders, if they feel like trying to do that,
or remove orders, if they feel like trolls. I wont be held responsible if people stop using your mod because of that.

Subattack System Implemented

Companion creators can now add Subattacks to companions, with their own requirement for usage, and effect.
Think of the subattacks as a kind of skills system for companions.
The Subattacks are mostly bound to the companion that owns them, so not all companions have subattacks.

If you want to know how to add Subattacks, check Leona's Companion Codes.

I will have to update Gaomon mod, right?

Changelog
You'll now be able to trigger rescue when a companion you're controlling is knocked out cold.
Companions will no longer keep carrying fallen player when they're lifting the player as they asked.
Fixed a crash that TerraGuardians mod could give when a mod gives errors when loading.
A number of companions got dialogues regarding being room mates of the player active again.
Modders can now add custom companion tips to Luna.
=> Create a class extending "CustomSpawningTip", and override "Message" with the tip text to display, and "Requirement" with the requirement for it to show up.
=> At CompanionSpawningTips class, I've added the method "AddCompanionSpawningTip". Add a instance of that custom tip object to it.
Added missing script for page swapping buttons on the Companion Selection Interface.
=> Yes, you can swap pages now.
Companions Sub Attack System implemented.
=> Sub Attack are extra attacks a companion may have in them, which can be used by themselves, or by player request.
=> Sub Attacks themselves functions quite like a skill specific of that companion. Not all companions may have it.
=> Players on 2P mode will have free access to sub attack selection and usage, as they see fit.
Added a Client setting which allows changing the distance away from player which companions will be pulled towards you.
Companions being pulled towards you will no longer suffer contact damage from npcs and projectiles.
Added the possibility for companion creators to change custom companions body parts offset.
You can now ask companions to follow you ahead or behind, take or avoid combat, in their tactics topic.
Orders system reimplemented.
=> Assign a keybinding of easy access to call it on the control settings.
=> Navigate through the orders list by pressing a numbered key.
=> With that, some actions and functions returned too.
You can no longer use ask Vladimir to hug you while controlling him to take a flight to outterspace.
Increased max number of companion followers from 3 to 5.
=> Yes, you can make your own Gensö Suikoden. You build the castle.
Leona Arrives.

Well, that's about it.
I should now get to reimplementing systems to the mod, and also work on more Rearrivals.
Gladly, I managed to get a mod contributor who's helping somehow with nag and boring parts of those, so that might
ease the job for me.

By the way, feel free to check out my Guild Management Game Project, it can be found on my signature.
With Unity's change of policy, I kinda fear I might have to drop the project in the future, so
any support with players will be of great help for me, even more since one of the main reasons
I'm still working on it, is because people want to see more for it.
That's all I have to say.

Anyways, that's it. I hope you guys enjoy the update.
And see you next time.

Edit: Here's some bits of information I forgot to tell:
oh yeah, I forgot to tell on the post talking about Leona
if you don't like having her holding her sword, you can ask her to stop using it
but if she stops using her sword, she wont be using her subattacks
you can still ask her to use her sword again afterwards if you want
just access her dialogues and talk about other things
you can also control wether the companion should or not automatically use sub attacks
just speak with the companion, and go to talk about other things, then combat tactics
if the companion has at least one subattack, the option of asking them to stop/resume using subattacks by themselves will show up
as for subattack manual usage, you have to setup the keys on the game control configurations for toggling and activating it
you'll only be able to give orders about using subattack to your leader companion

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom