• I don't care about space or eclipses

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No who needs the sun?

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, You hear about the october and march blood moons coming up? They seem pretty interesting, I'll need to see if I can watch them if they take place in britain
Lunar Eclipses are no-where near as interesting. Cool, but common. I see them a lot.
It's more of a "heh. cool." thing for me then an "ERMEGERD HYPE!" Thing.

I didn't bother seeing the eclipse because I didn't feel like going outside in the toxic :red: just to look. But apparently it doesn't matter because it was only in europe? Nice date format.
... I'm British not american. Last saturday wasnt pi day it was 14/3/15
It aint cool to judge by date
[DOUBLEPOST=1426878433][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lunar Eclipses are no-where near as interesting. Cool, but common. I see them a lot.
It's more of a "heh. cool." thing for me then an "ERMEGERD HYPE!" Thing.
So your EMEGERD HYPED for the blood moons?

Lel its just that the apparent sizes are correct and the positioning is good for us to see them
It's too... convenient.
How the hell is the moon EXACTLY the right size to cover up the sun, showing only the outer area of the sun that is normally impossible to see (the corona)?
Isn't that a bit TOO coincidental?
It's also like how we are RIGHT in the middle of the habitable zone.
TOO convenient.
*cue conspiracy theories*

It's too... convenient.
How the hell is the moon EXACTLY the right size to cover up the sun, showing only the outer area of the sun that is normally impossible to see (the corona)?
Isn't that a bit TOO coincidental?
It's also like how we are RIGHT in the middle of the habitable zone.
TOO convenient.
*cue conspiracy theories*
I guess we're very lucky. Poor Martians.

Over in the north west, there WAS cloud cover, but luckily, it didn't stop me from seeing the eclipse. Quite the opposite, in fact, the cloud cover blocked enough of the sunlight that I could just stare straight at it.

It DID though.
It's just the magnetic field collapsed, allowing solar wind to swoop in, destroying the atmosphere and all life along with it.
It did... I said it in a way talking about today. Mars doesnt have the right atmospheric conditions for organic compounds to be made and for life to develop and even if it did.. Where would the energy come from besides the sun since mars is much further from the sun so it will need to have plants that absorb light better but even then it would need CO2 or O2 in the atmosphere for plants to develop.

Ooops I ranted...

Over in the north west, there WAS cloud cover, but luckily, it didn't stop me from seeing the eclipse. Quite the opposite, in fact, the cloud cover blocked enough of the sunlight that I could just stare straight at it.
That luck.
you mean the north west of Britain or Europe?
[DOUBLEPOST=1426880747][/DOUBLEPOST]
It did... I said it in a way talking about today. Mars doesnt have the right atmospheric conditions for organic compounds to be made and for life to develop and even if it did.. Where would the energy come from besides the sun since mars is much further from the sun so it will need to have plants that absorb light better but even then it would need CO2 or O2 in the atmosphere for plants to develop.

Ooops I ranted...
It doesn't have an atmosphere.
Plants would probably be huge.
And cool.

Well that was stupid of you, you could have gone blind... The sudden increase of light(energy) could damage your retina as it shrinks to absorb less light causing blindness. Then you wouldnt be able to play terraria

Well that was stupid of you, you could have gone blind... The sudden increase of light(energy) could damage your retina as it shrinks to absorb less light causing blindness. Then you wouldnt be able to play terraria
If the clouds are covering it, not enough light would be able to reach. Also, it was probably not a total that they saw.
North West of England got only a 90%.
That's going to damage your eyes as much as looking at the sun normally would.

If the clouds are covering it, not enough light would be able to reach. Also, it was probably not a total that they saw.
North West of England got only a 90%.
That's going to damage your eyes as much as looking at the sun normally would.
All our eyes are different, some are more sensitive to fluctuations in light than others

All our eyes are different, some are more sensitive to fluctuations in light than others
That's kind of like how my perception of the colour red is slightly different to yours.
For all I know, my green could be your purple.
(I just used my two favourite colours without realising)

It was really cloudy where I live, so I could look directly at it for a little while.

But then it got really bright, and some kid in my year looked at it for like 5 minutes and a lunch he said this; "I think I've damaged my eyesight" :p

It was really cloudy where I live, so I could look directly at it for a little while.

But then it got really bright, and some kid in my year looked at it for like 5 minutes and a lunch he said this; "I think I've damaged my eyesight" :p
I had some insane glare from where I was.

And that kid is clever.
(Sarcasm :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom