Official 2014 Halloween Contest Winners Announcement

Just a question,
If you won how would you get the prizes, because I never got an email or anything like that?
Halloween Contest Winner trophy/titles: will be added by TCF staff ASAP

Collector’s Edition/Calendar: Please contact Cenx (and copy Loki) here on TCF via PM so that we can get the necessary information needed to ship your prizes to you.

NPC Name: Please contact Cenx (and copy Loki) with your proposed addition to the NPC name roster. You may request a specific NPC, but please note that the selection of the actual NPC for the name as well as final approval of the name to be added are subject to approval by the Re-Logic team.

:)

A lot of smart ideas there - a CONSTRUCTIVE build critique/feedback thread or group would be an awesome idea. You - or someone - should absolutely do that. :)

Not a bad suggestion on the pixel art vs "building" front either - going to file that away for later.

I'm not a troll alt or anything but I 100% feel like selection on terraria.org is a prep club popularity contest. All the forum-ophiles were selected as testers and winning on here seems also based on popularity. Not on build creativity or skill or difficulty level but rather on "were all buds with so-and-so".

I'm sorry, but what? The winners of this contest aren't "buds" with anyone on the team that I know of. Even if they were, we are all adult enough to look past such things. That kind of tinfoil hat stuff doesn't help anything.

Testers were not picked out of a hat, that's true. It's a critical role - and with all such things, observable experience - and consistently so - speaks volumes. It's like any other job - a resume vs observation. That's my take at least....though this is extremely unrelated to the topic. You can feel free to PM if you want to continue down that road. :)

Thanks again to everyone for the ongoing feedback.

Wow thanks to the team for choosing my build! I had so much fun creating it. Congrats to all of the other winners as well. There were so may great entries.

Congratulations, everyone! This was an exciting competition and I look forward to participating next year! (I'm going to get started on my new entry right away!)

Wow, so owent through the pages and I would like to thank everyone who actually like my build( btw Srry if it was in really bad graphics, I didn't have a capture card )

Also CONGRADULATIONS Gotcha! Your was amazing, when I first saw it I thought it was amazing and that you would win (Btw thanks for telling me how to get the prizes ;))

But going forward, I'd make two recommendations to diffuse any conflict in future contests - to prohibit any imagery that isn't available in-game, and to have a clear set of criteria by which the entries will be judged. Additionally, it might also be good to have two distinct categories - architectural submissions and pixel art. This should make it easier for the judges as well, who I imagine would have a tough time judging between technically proficient art such as what Jewsus or Khaios produced, versus more story driven submissions such as Gotcha!'s winning entry and even Florence2456's submission (which showed both technical proficiency *and* told a story in a very subtle way).

I greatly agree with this. Perhaps the player creations and screenshots sub-forum should be fragmented in this manner as well.

Also thanks for the compliments. I really appreciate it. :dryadsmile:

It was fun participating in this. It pushed my building skills more than ever, even if I'm not as good as winners. Got me all pumped for the next year!
Congrats to all the winners!

OOoooh now i want a autumn/halloween biome so bad thanks to that contest logo. Like autumn grass seeds to put on clay or dirt and then put acorns on it and get actual spookywood trees! (To make it balanced maybe make the autumn grass seeds a really rare drop from mourning woods or something). Wait, why am i posting this here? Is there a ideas and suggestions thread?

OOoooh now i want a autumn/halloween biome so bad thanks to that contest logo. Like autumn grass seeds to put on clay or dirt and then put acorns on it and get actual spookywood trees! (To make it balanced maybe make the autumn grass seeds a really rare drop from mourning woods or something). Wait, why am i posting this here? Is there a ideas and suggestions thread?
I was thinking about making a suggestion just like this. I just hadn't got around asking permission if I could use the contest logo as an example.
I was actually thinking of simply a graphical change to normal forest during Halloween Mode...but I kind of like your idea too.

----
Err... to post something on topic:
Congrats to the winners and to all who participated! I hope we have more of these contest, and more often as well;They give me a good reason to actually get off my butt and build something worthwhile for me and my NPCs instead of the little hovels and platform houses that I usually end up building, despite my best intentions...

I hope we have more of these contest, and more often as well;They give me a good reason to actually get off my butt and build something worthwhile for me and my NPCs instead of the little hovels and platform houses that I usually end up building, despite my best intentions...

I also enjoy building more when I've got a good theme given to me :D Congrats to all who entered, winner or not, because we made pumpkins and stuff! :> Now.. lets make that next theme 'Gigantic Hollow Frameworks That'll Never Be Completed!' ;) I don't have a lot of those sitting around, I promise! ;)

Back
Top Bottom