3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my world just crashed again and it scared me cause I thought it got corrupted.However this is one of many occasional crashes.Im still pushing through to both enjoy this game while keeping my world alive!

I made a successful event AFK farm for 3DS! :D

WVW69jqJyscU_jttVM

It's from a YouTube video showing how to make a Frost Moon AFK farm and with a few wiring tweaks I got it to work on 3DS version. You just pop 8 Ravens that do the work for you and it's glorious.

It gets me to Wave 11 on FrostMoon by dawn and Wave 15 on Pumpkin Moon by around 1:30 if I get good rolls. It can also be used on Solar Eclipses and Pirate Invasions.

I'm trying to turn it into a HorsemanBlade farm so that I could possibly get past Wave 15 on the Frost Moon - Has anyone else gotten Wave 15+ on that yet?
Nonetheless, it's a project that's really fun to work on.

WVW69jqJyscU_jttVM

It's from a YouTube video showing how to make a Frost Moon AFK farm and with a few wiring tweaks I got it to work on 3DS version. You just pop 8 Ravens that do the work for you and it's glorious.

It gets me to Wave 11 on FrostMoon by dawn and Wave 15 on Pumpkin Moon by around 1:30 if I get good rolls. It can also be used on Solar Eclipses and Pirate Invasions.

I'm trying to turn it into a HorsemanBlade farm so that I could possibly get past Wave 15 on the Frost Moon - Has anyone else gotten Wave 15+ on that yet?
Sweet, I'm using the same AFK farm lol. In any case, the farm and those ravens of yours should work just fine for the Frost Moon with the right equips (although I like to actively use the Staff of the Frost Hydra.....and have an absurdly larger amount of spear traps :p). The only problem now that's barring the farm's effectiveness for the Frost Moon is the Ice Queen. While your fighting her, other enemies just stop spawning. Don't worry though, it is being addressed and will be fixed in the next update. The other thing is the ravens simply getting stuck at the bottom of the box attempting to go up to said Ice Queen. They eventually phase through the floor and get into your box and murder your statue spawns, not to mention they aren't doing anything just staying in one place :I This glitch is also observed with Angry Nimbuses, although I'm not sure if this glitch is being addressed.

TL;DR - Using the same farm :D Bugs bar effectiveness of farm, future updates will address problems, try forged summon beneficial accessories.

You could try getting to wave 15 with a squad of 4 running on New 3DSs, but I can't confirm since me and my friends have only regular ones (THE LAG lol), plus, I'm pretty sure no one here has confirmed they have reached wave 15 at all, yet. (Less that one fella that asked such a thing in an earlier post accomplished it).

EDIT: I also remembered another problem concerning with the farm in that it was designed for systems with great processing. The 3DS, from my tests, has a lower dropped item cap, so there is a strong possibility of coins and hearts to cause rare drops to de-spawn >w>

I remember running into a lot of lag with my latest mob farm until I removed all the background walls in it and flame traps. they eat up RAM like you wouldn't believe.

I remember running into a lot of lag with my latest mob farm until I removed all the background walls in it and flame traps. they eat up RAM like you wouldn't believe.
Yeah stuff like that happens, plus why would you use flame traps, when, from what I heard in the video, spears are the best and that having different traps in the same area will cause them to compete against each other for damage rather than stacking.

This does remind that the 3DS does not handle large rooms well...(Anything larger than the standard room size will have noticeable lag lol).

I used to use them back in 1.1 - 1.2 until super dart traps, spiky ball and spear traps came out. I made spears up in the air, spiky balls for ground enemies with lava for added damage. I don't use minions much so I basically use a combination of traps and melee or spellcaster. Ate the Frost Moon for breakfast.

I ended up with the summoner in a box thing simply because the game lagged out a lot (oldies 3ds .w.) and it's enemies hit like a....more than a ton of bricks in a literal sense (looking at you Golem).

WVW69jqJyscU_jttVM

Even with all my cunning, I've only managed to get to wave 15 on the Frost Moon. Twice only out of 21 attempts. That Ice Queen ruins everything yo :|

Insight from another player doing the same thing helps a ton. Thanks. :)

You could try getting to wave 15 with a squad of 4 running on New 3DSs, but I can't confirm since me and my friends have only regular ones (THE LAG lol), plus, I'm pretty sure no one here has confirmed they have reached wave 15 at all, yet. (Less that one fella that asked such a thing in an earlier post accomplished it).
I guess it's time to beckon my sister. And make another set of Spectre armor. it's a shame she's afraid of Santa-NK1's

EDIT: I also remembered another problem concerning with the farm in that it was designed for systems with great processing. The 3DS, from my tests, has a lower dropped item cap, so there is a strong possibility of coins and hearts to cause rare drops to de-spawn >w>
Which would also explain a lot - Instead of picking up goodies after a Pumpkin Moon, I'm picking up enough Hearts to fully heal The Destroyer. I wonder if they have a different despawn rate than a normal item...? Maybe a Heartreach Potion could fix that.

Even with all my cunning, I've only managed to get to wave 15 on the Frost Moon. Twice only out of 21 attempts. That Ice Queen ruins everything yo :|
Wow. I wasn't aware that the Ice Queen was such a big block to the rest of the event. o_O

have you used Ichor debuff against her? It should help get her health down quickly since it lowers defense.

For those requesting updates:

Our bug fixing pass is complete, that is now in testing. We're working on the expanded worlds content currently, along with a few extra bits such as a rebalancing of the boss difficulties. The aim is to submit for Nintendo's approval in three weeks, but that will depend on the progress we make and getting the green light from our testers.

@Deanzor I know the N3ds is getting bigger worlds but I'm wondering. Is the old 3ds getting new stuff or are you taking chances. I can't get my hard on a N3ds right now so I'm gonna have to stick with the 2ds.

Also can we see a screen shot of the bigger worlds on N3ds. I'm just wondering and I sure other's are to.

There will be a few new bits for original 3DS players, but we're pretty maxed out on that platform now.

As soon as the worldgen stuff is in and working reliably I'll definitely put some comparison screenshots up.

Our bug fixing pass is complete, that is now in testing. We're working on the expanded worlds content currently, along with a few extra bits such as a rebalancing of the boss difficulties. The aim is to submit for Nintendo's approval in three weeks, but that will depend on the progress we make and getting the green light from our testers.

So have you successfully tackled the crashes?

Looking forward to the update! Good luck. :)

Can't wait for the update to release :3

Thanks for sharing, this is exciting news :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom