3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
What else do u guys think could be added to Terraria 3ds without killing the hardware?
To the o3DS, not much. It's been implied a couple times that it's kind of at a capacity right now.

As for the N3DS, from what we've seen it is powerful enough to handle a world equivalent to that of a small PC world. That's an impressive feat on its own (especially for a mobile gaming system).

I firmly believe that with a few tweaks, all content up to and including 1.2.4.1 can be safely added to the N3DS. But is this a smart business decision? Doing that could alienate the o3DS group, which is a much larger demographic than that of the N3DS.

The spoiler below was worth mentioning but is a theoretical argument. Don't give it much thought.
On top of that, the NX's arrival is no doubt an impending doom to users of the 3DS family. So much development to 1.2.4.1 on the N3DS could take up until the NX's release. Why on earth would a business put an older version of a game onto an old, outdated console, when there's a new console that consumers are buying that can easily handle Terraria 1.3.3?

But anyway yeah, I think N3DS can handle a lot more than what it has currently. And I'm looking forward to witnessing its potential development in the future. :D

To the o3DS, not much. It's been implied a couple times that it's kind of at a capacity right now.

As for the N3DS, from what we've seen it is powerful enough to handle a world equivalent to that of a small PC world. That's an impressive feat on its own (especially for a mobile gaming system).

I firmly believe that with a few tweaks, all content up to and including 1.2.4.1 can be safely added to the N3DS. But is this a smart business decision? Doing that could alienate the o3DS group, which is a much larger demographic than that of the N3DS.

The spoiler below was worth mentioning but is a theoretical argument. Don't give it much thought.
On top of that, the NX's arrival is no doubt an impending doom to users of the 3DS family. So much development to 1.2.4.1 on the N3DS could take up until the NX's release. Why on earth would a business put an older version of a game onto an old, outdated console, when there's a new console that consumers are buying that can easily handle Terraria 1.3.3?

But anyway yeah, I think N3DS can handle a lot more than what it has currently. And I'm looking forward to witnessing its potential development in the future. :D
The NX release is not until much later next year and when it is, the Ferraris devs won't be able to release any thing on it for a good long while. They can put 2 or three updates on it before they're even close to finishing it.

PATCH RELEASE DATES:

NOA 1.03: June 13 2016 0900PT
NOE 1.03: June 10 2016

PLEASE NOTE: Version 1.02 was not released in North America. We withdrew the patch from submission, and the next release will be 1.03 for all territories to avoid confusion.
Is there going to be mounts? Or are there already mounts? Please tell me, I've been try so hard to get one.

This game is great. I'm so glad that this amazing community is putting in bigger world, fixing crashes, etc.

Re-Logic and 505Games are amazing at what they do.
[doublepost=1475352878,1475352758][/doublepost]But I do have a question to 505Games and Re-Logic. Is this your very first 3DS game? If it is, then how did you make it?

Last edited:
Well they did say all frost moon content added, and given that it's almost impossible to get past wave 15 on 3ds/n3dsXl, the Rudolph mount could possibly be in, but since it only drops 15+ the lower the less of drop. It's so rare. So unless the devs tell us it's not in then I'll keep believing that rudolph existence is true on 3ds.

Another bug many people have pointed out, the slanted blocks. As you see on the left is blocks I have used the hammer on to make them slanted. But whenever the player exits the world and comes back, they go back to normal like they were never hammered *No pun* The blocks on the right for Example. What a anger producing bug.

Attachments

• HNI_0093_MPO.JPG
    HNI_0093_MPO.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 196
Well they did say all frost moon content added, and given that it's almost impossible to get past wave 15 on 3ds/n3dsXl, the Rudolph mount could possibly be in, but since it only drops 15+ the lower the less of drop. It's so rare. So unless the devs tell us it's not in then I'll keep believing that rudolph existence is true on 3ds.
It's definitely possible to get to Wave 15+ with a statue farm. But even then, no Bells for me yet. I seriously doubt its existence right now considering we don't have any other mounts (besides minecarts). But if we did have others, like the Slimy Saddle, I'd just think the Bells are set to a ridiculously low drop rate.

PATCH RELEASE DATES:

NOA 1.03: June 13 2016 0900PT
NOE 1.03: June 10 2016

PLEASE NOTE: Version 1.02 was not released in North America. We withdrew the patch from submission, and the next release will be 1.03 for all territories to avoid confusion.
We continue to work to improve the Terraria 3DS experience, and your feedback is invaluable to us.

To submit bug reports, please use this form. Filling out the form in its entirety is the most effective way to report bugs to the dev team. For other issues, please consult the 505 Support Portal: http://support.505games.com/support/home

Patch history:
1.01 - Released February 2016, fixing high priority issues with the launch version
1.02 - Will be released June 2016 (NOA). Adds content and bug fixes, full list below
1.03 - This is the same as NOA 1.02, and will be released in June.

HIGHLIGHTS:
  • Multiplayer doors bug fixed for NOE
  • Frost Moon content added.
  • Save slots expanded from three to six.
  • 10 more inventory slots.
  • Auto equip removed.
  • "A" to interact now works relative to cursor position in Manual Aim.
  • Stack speed improved.
  • Quick stack ignores all hotbar items.
  • Buffs can now be cancelled on the Equip screen.
  • Save games refactored so the issue of long save times no longer occurs
  • Addressed a number of crashing-related issues
  • Items in the Trash stay there when you leave the UI screen, making it harder to accidentally trash a wanted item.
  • Players can sell items with no value to shops so you clean inventory quickly.
  • Dungeon Worldgen re-worked to provide properly expansive Dungeons
  • Spawn rates in dungeons rebalanced to fit a more authenitic threatening experience
  • Rules for surface fishing reworked, so you can fish much smaller ponds
  • Bosses now de-spawn 100% if you die – mirroring the PC version and adding challenge
  • Precision screen UI tweaked to add fishing items to left hand pane – tap to toggle
  • Player no longer glows like it’s wearing the Miner’s Helmet by default. Ore glow also toned down. It’s going to get dark out there guys...

Other Bugs Fixed with this Update:
  • Slow moving projectiles
  • Items becoming invisible when hung on wall
  • Can’t use any item for 10 seconds after using Godly Tempest Staff
  • Bug Catching Net accuracy (can only catch at feet)
  • Lihzahrd temple has no traps
  • Biome Spread too slow
  • Skeletron Prime’s arms each drop potions/hearts
  • Ice Golems not appearing
  • Crystal Shards are very rare
  • Crafting Adamantite/Titanium/Chloro Bars causes unusual slowdown
  • Imp fireballs explode into Goblin gore on destruction
  • Grasshoppers can't be killed
  • Dungeon biome constantly changing to Underground; ruins spawns
  • Flesh Grinder/Meat Grinder naming issues, sprite issue
  • Living Wood/Leaf Wand have some oddities in calculating wood total
  • Holding in Smart Cursor Hammer for backwalls always hammers the first block
  • Building near NPCs frustrating due to interaction conflicts
  • Unusual Recipes Unlocked at worldgen
  • Underworld Biome has way too many Imps spawning. UW spawns overall should be toned down.
  • When going down on a slope in a minecart and using items, the item is pointed the wrong direction.
  • There is "player disabled pvp" spam anytime someone leaves or joins a game.
  • Lots of problems with music and crossfade.
  • Game thinks the player is in a cave when they are in the dungeon.
  • The dungeon being shrunk is causing balance issues.
  • The center of the world needs to be completely flat, so that the player can build there.
  • Some items can only be made from Iron when they should also be made from Lead.
  • Items the player throws go up and slightly to the right, no matter which way they face.
  • Keep finding Magic Mirrors and Bug Nets in chests where they shouldn't be.
  • Reduced corruption sizes are causing problems getting items.
  • Floating Islands treasure chest loot is not distributed correctly.
  • Meteor Hamaxe is 35 bars. Should be 20.
  • Game was not switching into Meteor Zones when near a meteor.
  • Meteorite spawns do not give enough materials.
  • Enemy caster AI is broken.
  • Mana crystals need to be 3 fallen stars, not 5.
  • A large majority of the time when you are fishing, the bobber is shaking and you click but nothing will be caught.
  • You cannot see the fish you have caught on the line when you reel it in.
  • Fishing zones are being picked up incorrectly (i.e. Underground Fish everywhere bug)
  • Bug Nets don't catch critters most of the time.
  • Remove damage from all vanity pets.
  • Autodig should not target a block you are grappled to.
  • Using a grappling hook does not reset jump accessories.
  • Monsters continue to spawn in player towns.
  • Zombies repeatedly jump facing backwards at doors instead of banging on them.
  • Duke Fishron trophy does not spawn
  • Text error for the Valentine Ring tooltip
  • Can't catch surface fish. Game seems to not classify 'surface' areas correctly for fishing
  • Tempest Staff, multiple issues
  • Discount card not working as intended
  • The use time for the bucket is WAY too short.
  • 'Take all' from chests misbehaving
  • Eye of Cthulhu has the wrong boss music.
  • Dryad isn't reporting the rate of Crimson spread
  • Zombies should be able to open doors during a blood moon
  • Unable to create biomes.
  • Sometimes buckets won't collect or dispense water
  • Player stuck in "jump/fall" animation when standing on a sloped tile.
  • Flippers spawn rate is far too low
hey Deanzor by frost moon content added does that mean its already there and your adding to it or its not there and your putting it in?

you basically need a brand new world to run the Frost Moon though otherwise it'll lag worse than a teen age kid sugar crashing from drinking too many Monsters.

For any of u fellow terrarians that transferred terraria data from an old 3ds to New 3Ds XL, how did u transfer your data and how big of a sd card do u have?I'm just curious

For any of u fellow terrarians that transferred terraria data from an old 3ds to New 3Ds XL, how did u transfer your data and how big of a sd card do u have?I'm just curious
I transfered my data over wifi. For most games I created a copy of the saves then deleted the games themselves. This meant that the transfer would be done quicker (and therefore less likely of the internet cutting out and being a pain). With Terraria though, you cannot create a copy of the save and therefore you should not delete the game off your original 3ds otherwise your save data will dissapear too (some other games this happens too). I transferred from an 8GB card to a 32GB card. I then redownloaded all of my games again later. You don't have to delete the games, but it makes the transfer process really long otherwise. I just prefered to redownload everything when I had the spare time and not worry about the transfer taking up 8 hours of my time or something ridiculous like that (and once my parents are at home and start using the internet, the internet runs slower of course and it likes to cut out more often when multiple people use it. My internet isn't that good).

Of course, there are other methods of how to transfer your games, but make sure you do your research so you know how to do everything properly and to know the pros and cons of each method.

When I had an older 3DS XL, I had gotten a 32 GB Micro SD for it. I don't know what led me to choose a micro SD over a standard sized one, but I went with it. (Of course, you can see how much I praised this decision later down the line when I discovered that the New 3DS XL switched to Micro SD.) When I transferred my data from my 8 GB card to the new 32 GB card, I copied all the files from the root of the old card (including hidden files) and put it in a temporary folder on my desktop. Then copied over the temporary folder into the new card as it would have been in the old card. I put the card into the 3DS, turned it on and my games loaded up just fine on the home screen, letting me know that it worked.

I transfered my data over wifi. For most games I created a copy of the saves then deleted the games themselves. This meant that the transfer would be done quicker (and therefore less likely of the internet cutting out and being a pain). With Terraria though, you cannot create a copy of the save and therefore you should not delete the game off your original 3ds otherwise your save data will dissapear too (some other games this happens too). I transferred from an 8GB card to a 32GB card. I then redownloaded all of my games again later. You don't have to delete the games, but it makes the transfer process really long otherwise. I just prefered to redownload everything when I had the spare time and not worry about the transfer taking up 8 hours of my time or something ridiculous like that (and once my parents are at home and start using the internet, the internet runs slower of course and it likes to cut out more often when multiple people use it. My internet isn't that good).

Of course, there are other methods of how to transfer your games, but make sure you do your research so you know how to do everything properly and to know the pros and cons of each method.
So then If I do transfer my data over WiFi, I should transfer terraria itself so I don't lose my data and anything else backup my data if I can?I want to do this safe and easy.

So then If I do transfer my data over WiFi, I should transfer terraria itself so I don't lose my data and anything else backup my data if I can?I want to do this safe and easy.
You can sign in into your Miiverse Account, and redownload Terraria (If downloaded) from the E-Shop. But I really don't know how to get my saves from a XDS to another XDS. So can't help you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom