3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing the way the guy the scaly truffle was either pure luck due to it being more rare than it is suppose to be or it was like the music box. The music box was in terraria 3ds v1.0.0 this was reported a glitch and was quickly removed in v1.0.1. This guy may have gotten it before hand in v1.0.0 but just recently posted for bragging rights. I have tried hours upon hours tring to get it and have gotten a zerphy fish but not the mount. I doubt it is in the game because the fuzzy carrot isn't but will never know. @KingCactus74 please tell me who revealed the picture for me so I can ask him how he got it.
His name is Danny

Attachments

• 1476146243024-486835961.jpg
    1476146243024-486835961.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 203
is the traveling merchant ever going to be added in?
It's hard to say. Travelling Merchant would be a massive addition when one considers the exclusive items attached to him. I spoke with Deanzor about this a while back (asking about beetle armor and Travelling Merchant, specifically), and he responded by essentially saying it is much more likely for a small addition like Beetle Armor to end up on this port than something similar in magnitude to the Travelling Merchant.

So to answer your question, I personally believe there is a possibility of its arrival on N3DS, but I would not count on its addition.

It's hard to say. Travelling Merchant would be a massive addition when one considers the exclusive items attached to him. I spoke with Deanzor about this a while back (asking about beetle armor and Travelling Merchant, specifically), and he responded by essentially saying it is much more likely for a small addition like Beetle Armor to end up on this port than something similar in magnitude to the Travelling Merchant.

So to answer your question, I personally believe there is a possibility of its arrival on N3DS, but I would not count on its addition.
Aww. No traveling merchant

I just want mounts, straight up. Also had my 1st crash today since like for a long time, most likely because I downloaded some things and that caused my sd card to have low space.

I have some questions:

Will the 3ds 1.0.4 update have the spectre armor and vampire knives nerfs and buffs items got(like the sniper rifle in 1.3.0.1 and rainbow gun's multiple buffs after it was released), and some content additions like the celestial stone,beetle armor and bug fixes like fishron weapons not reforging(the flairon reforges but not the others) and holy arrows not dropping stars?

Does the shroomite armors stealth mode damage increase work?

Is the 3ds gonna get 3ds exclusive things like a Deanzor developer set or 3ds exclusive bosses?

I think I've overloaded my main world... thought I'd consolidate the items from two of my worlds so I could delete one of them, pretty much moved all the items and now I can't load the world were I've moved everything to.... it starts to load then the game crashes out.

Anything I can try? I created a new character to see if the lack of the piggy bank / safe items might help but no such luck.

Kinda hoping any optimisations in the update will allow me to access it again but not going to be too hopeful. Although a bit disappointed, I'm quite looking forward to starting afresh on a bigger world.

I think I've overloaded my main world... thought I'd consolidate the items from two of my worlds so I could delete one of them, pretty much moved all the items and now I can't load the world were I've moved everything to.... it starts to load then the game crashes out.

Anything I can try? I created a new character to see if the lack of the piggy bank / safe items might help but no such luck.

Kinda hoping any optimisations in the update will allow me to access it again but not going to be too hopeful. Although a bit disappointed, I'm quite looking forward to starting afresh on a bigger world.
We'll just have to see if the update fixes that issue.

Your optimism on such a frustrating issue is refreshing to hear.

Nonetheless, you're dealing with what has become known as a world corruption issue (and not the kind that can be fixed with a Clentaminator). It's unclear - at least at this point - what the update will do (if anything) to fix the problem, so we're gonna have to wait in the coming weeks to see what we learn.

I hope everything is going as planned with the update and they have solved the crashing and other issues.

It was just over 6 weeks ago that @Deanzor said 'we've got at least 6 more weeks dev time' - I'm not rushing anyone, just sharing my excitement with the board. Take as much time as you need! Just fix those crashes :)

Though, any new bits of info on how the update is progressing would be greatly appreciated :)

Your optimism on such a frustrating issue is refreshing to hear.

Nonetheless, you're dealing with what has become known as a world corruption issue (and not the kind that can be fixed with a Clentaminator). It's unclear - at least at this point - what the update will do (if anything) to fix the problem, so we're gonna have to wait in the coming weeks to see what we learn.

That's unfortunate, I'll wait and see what the state of play is after the update. Perhaps I just need to be less of a prolific hoarder if it is related.

I noticed on the mobile (android at least) version there's an option to backup characters & worlds between 'local' & 'cloud'. If the world corruption does appear to be a widespread & ongoing issue then similar functionality could be a somewhat graceful (partial) solution, as in, if world files were backed periodically with an option to restore then you could be losing a relatively small amount instead of everything.

That's unfortunate, I'll wait and see what the state of play is after the update. Perhaps I just need to be less of a prolific hoarder if it is related.

I noticed on the mobile (android at least) version there's an option to backup characters & worlds between 'local' & 'cloud'. If the world corruption does appear to be a widespread & ongoing issue then similar functionality could be a somewhat graceful (partial) solution, as in, if world files were backed periodically with an option to restore then you could be losing a relatively small amount instead of everything.
This would be a nice feature that we don't currently have. I can tell you I am a massive hoarder of random junk and I would be crushed if my main world couldn't open.

What system do you use when playing this port? As in, 3DS or N3DS? That may contribute to the problem. The one time I got a world corrupted was when I played on o3DS, and since I switched to N3DS nothing has happened thus far. Some other people are, evidently, not as lucky.

This would be a nice feature that we don't currently have. I can tell you I am a massive hoarder of random junk and I would be crushed if my main world couldn't open.

What system do you use when playing this port? As in, 3DS or N3DS? That may contribute to the problem. The one time I got a world corrupted was when I played on o3DS, and since I switched to N3DS nothing has happened thus far. Some other people are, evidently, not as lucky.

I'm using a N3DS. I've been somewhat lucky though in comparison to other players who have consistent crashes, this corruption is the only issue I've experienced.

Can't you back up data for games through 3ds settings?

I had forgotten about that!. I had however read a little while ago that Terraria on the 3DS doesn't save data in the standard locations (or something similar) which means you can't use the inbuilt backup feature.

I've just tried to do a backup myself and selecting Terraria displays the message "There is no save data that can be backed up". So I guess a fair warning is don't delete the game expecting the data to be saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom