3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the chest to inventory is X, as well as the inventory to trash button, pls change
Yeah that's horrible too. I almost trashed my Legendary Terra Blade while trying to take it out of a chest. I managed to retrieve it from the trash bin before closing the inventory but my blood ran cold.

I finally got an Ocram trophy. Hung it. It disappeared. Used pickaxe where it was and a picture popped off (named "Imposter") So. Is this a thing?

June 10 date for 1.03 in EUROPE (NOE) confirmed by Nintendo, post updated on page 1.

When I have news on NORTH AMERICA (NOA) I will post it here.
Is there any confirm for NOA
[doublepost=1464770333,1464770310][/doublepost]Or is there and I'm being silly

@Deanzor, I want to ask you something. Can Japanese terrarians receive the update?
I've heard nothing about Nintendo of Japan so far, even the possibility of updates.

I'm pessimistically starting to suspect that NoJ will permanently leave their users stuck in the current version. It's like... the end of... my life.....

Ditch that world. Some worlds are stable, a lot of them are not. Make a world, explore the surface + sky islands + find honey and jungle temple. If that world isn't stable, you're guaranteed a crash before you can do all that. If game doesn't crash, you have yourself a keeper. @Deanzor, please investigate. And people, please submit proper bug reports. The more submissions, the better the chances of devs being able to pinpoint what makes things crash and possibly deal with it.

This crash repro info is very interesting. Are you finding that this is a reliable test for if you have a crashy world? Also, what version are you trying this in? Please tell me territory (NOA = USA, NOE = Europe) and version number (1.01 etc). Has anyone else tried this?

@Deanzor, I want to ask you something. Can Japanese terrarians receive the update?
I've heard nothing about Nintendo of Japan so far, even the possibility of updates.

I'm pessimistically starting to suspect that NoJ will permanently leave their users stuck in the current version. It's like... the end of... my life.....

The Japanese version is handled by a different publisher to 505. We supply them with all the code and the updates, but it's up to them when those get released. I emailed the Japanese producer for you, will DM you with any info when he replies.

On your query about the button mapping: the 1.03 update makes it basically impossible to accidentally trash items, so hopefully you get that update.

Reactions: PHO
The Japanese version is handled by a different publisher to 505. We supply them with all the code and the updates, but it's up to them when those get released. I emailed the Japanese producer for you, will DM you with any info when he replies.

On your query about the button mapping: the 1.03 update makes it basically impossible to accidentally trash items, so hopefully you get that update.

Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to the update!

Ditch that world. Some worlds are stable, a lot of them are not. Make a world, explore the surface + sky islands + find honey and jungle temple. If that world isn't stable, you're guaranteed a crash before you can do all that. If game
doesn't crash, you have yourself a keeper. @Deanzor, please investigate. And people, please submit proper bug reports.
The more submissions, the better the chances of devs being able to pinpoint what makes things crash and possibly deal with it.
I just have 1 world...
Last night i killed the Wall of flesh, so this is my First try/world. But i can tell you that the game crashes no matter where i am and what i'm doing. Sick that I have to be happy when it's Not crashing for few hours ^^
June 10 date for 1.03 in EUROPE (NOE) confirmed by Nintendo, post updated on page 1.
So 9 days and my game maybe stop crashing all the time <3
I hoped for today or tomorrow, but i think i can handle it^^

Ps: i'm nearly always online on my Smartphone here. Am i dump or is it impossible to scroll in my Text Window? Bad ^^

I just have 1 world...
Last night i killed the Wall of flesh, so this is my First try/world. But i can tell you that the game crashes no matter where i am and what i'm doing. Sick that I have to be happy when it's Not crashing for few hours ^^

So 9 days and my game maybe stop crashing all the time <3
I hoped for today or tomorrow, but i think i can handle it^^

Ps: i'm nearly always online on my Smartphone here. Am i dump or is it impossible to scroll in my Text Window? Bad ^^

So you are running 1.02 on NOE? Which console? This is why it is better to report via customer services, as they will get all the important details from you. Every little thing matters.

My worry here is 1.03 won't make a difference to you, because there's not much new in NOE 1.03 from 1.02. It's mostly the multiplayer fixes.

So you are running 1.02 on NOE? Which console? This is why it is better to report via customer services, as they will get all the important details from you. Every little thing matters.

My worry here is 1.03 won't make a difference to you, because there's not much new in NOE 1.03 from 1.02. It's mostly the multiplayer fixes.
How long was that happy feeling... Less then 1 hour? :/
3ds xl, 1.0.2, Germany(NOE, is it?)
I made a "bug Report" or what that is and told everything i know about.

I told before that it was a big Fortune
that I got terraria (like 10 days ago) and the only thing that makes me go on playing with that damn annoying issue (where i have to save every few min) was the leading thought that it'll be fine in 1.0.3.
I just get to know terraria (and I payed a 15€ gift) and I think i really like that, but that crashes make me vomit :'(
I maybe can wait one more week, but Not 5+ weeks or sth. It makes me sick, but if that issue is not fixed, i maybe stop playing.
I didn't try multiplayer yet, cause i dont Know someone else with terraria on 3ds.

But you said 1.0.3 mostly is for the multiplayer?
I'm not the Only one with that Problem and it's unbelievable to me that 505 (or who makes that) are able to ignore that :/

Ps: plz tell the guys wo make the Website, it would be great to be able to scroll in the Text Window with the Touchscreen of my Smartphone ^^

How long was that happy feeling... Less then 1 hour? :/
3ds xl, 1.0.2, Germany(NOE, is it?)
I made a "bug Report" or what that is and told everything i know about.

I told before that it was a big Fortune
that I got terraria (like 10 days ago) and the only thing that makes me go on playing with that damn annoying issue (where i have to save every few min) was the leading thought that it'll be fine in 1.0.3.
I just get to know terraria (and I payed a 15€ gift) and I think i really like that, but that crashes make me vomit :'(
I maybe can wait one more week, but Not 5+ weeks or sth. It makes me sick, but if that issue is not fixed, i maybe stop playing.
I didn't try multiplayer yet, cause i dont Know someone else with terraria on 3ds.

But you said 1.0.3 mostly is for the multiplayer?
I'm not the Only one with that Problem and it's unbelievable to me that 505 (or who makes that) are able to ignore that :/

Ps: plz tell the guys wo make the Website, it would be great to be able to scroll in the Text Window with the Touchscreen of my Smartphone ^^

We are not ignoring the issue. We can only fix a bug that we can reproduce ourselves. We have to see it break for us to know what is going wrong and fix it. It if was a a 100% crash for everyone we would have fixed it, that's why we need as much information as possible to isolate what is making it crash so often for you and not for other people. I will get your bug report from Customer Services and see if it gives us the information we need./

I'm very sorry you are having problems.

We are not ignoring the issue. We can only fix a bug that we can reproduce ourselves. We have to see it break for us to know what is going wrong and fix it. It if was a a 100% crash for everyone we would have fixed it, that's why we need as
much information as possible to isolate what is making it crash so often for you and not for other people. I will get your bug report from Customer Services and see if it gives
us the information we need./

I'm very sorry you are having problems.
Wow, that was a great and friendly answer :O

Sounds logic to me^^
I wrote down everything i know about (maybe it's Not so much, cause the time i played is not so much ^^) and a Screenshot of the Text in the Window my 3ds shows me when it crashes.
If you have spezific questions about MY game, just ask. The reason i'm here in the Forum is that my Game got that issue (and there is no good german forum ^^).

In that ~10 days my game crashed like 25-30 Times and often i stopped playing for the day (or next hours).
I maybe would have played the double time i had now...

I really hope 1.0.3 will fix that issue - for me terraria is like a better Version of minectaft (and I can play it on my 3ds ^^)

Edit: looks Not 100% right to me, sry about my english :p

This crash repro info is very interesting. Are you finding that this is a reliable test for if you have a crashy world? Also, what version are you trying this in? Please tell me territory (NOA = USA, NOE = Europe) and version number (1.01 etc). Has anyone else tried this?
My copy is NOA 1.01, but I can get my hands on a friend's NOE 1.02 game (I stole one of his character slots and two of his world slots - yay for that upgrade). My NOA save has two characters and three worlds, and all of those worlds have never crashed again since I don't know when. But I did go through a lot of previous worlds, mostly to raid the sky island chests, the ocean chests, and to raid the jungle temple of its traps. Doing that in a world takes a while, and unstable worlds will usually crash at least once before I'm done with that world. Some are worse than others. The bad ones would crash like, at least once an hour, maybe even twice. You can barely make any solid progress before it crashes, and those were frustrating. Doesn't matter what you do - it would just randomly crash for no apparent reason. Some are okay, like after finishing the temple, it just crashed once or twice. But some are stable - no crash at all even after all that. Those worlds I kept. So far I have two corruption worlds, one of them almost fully explored (with just small patches of black on the map), and one crimson world, with zero crash so far.

So yeah. My conclusion to all that is some worlds are unstable. That's the only reason I can think of. Again, doing those raid runs for the sky chests, the ocean chests, and then the jungle temple, that takes a while. A few hours, at least for me. Some worlds have crashed before I'm done with them, some haven't. And granted, I only have three worlds to show for it, but those three worlds didn't crash once during that initial raid, and so far haven't crashed at all.

Now, on the other hand... one of my worlds on the NOE 1.02 version is bad bad bad. I don't know why I haven't deleted it yet, lol, I guess I was pushing for at least early hardmode to get some decent gear before moving to a new world. Molten Gear is well within my reach now, and Wall of Flesh won't be long after that. I haven't raided the second world yet, but so far it's stable. I think my friend's starting to enjoy himself now, playing on my second world. His early experiences with the game wasn't very good because of the crashes, but because my second world was stable, he's making very good progress there. He likes the sky islands a lot. I don't know if he'll still enjoy that come hardmode, lol.

So - the question then becomes....how can we all band together to find the pattern in what makes those worlds unstable? If it is indeed tied to the world itself, it stands to reason that it would be something in the worldgen combo.

Personally, I've only had my kids encounter this once....outside of that, literally no issues at all with crashing or anything close in single or multi with daily play since launch. I've never had a crash myself.

So, there is a pattern out there...somewhere....if we can find, it we can fix it.

You know, now that I think of it, would it be possible for @tautet to start from 1.0 by redownloading? He could make a new world using 1.0, explore the world then proceed to update and try to explore the same world again. Wouldn't that be a way to help isolate whether if it actually is a worldgen issue or something else?

Ok i am lost with the noa/noe versions things i got 1.01 and i am not crashing at all only when i play with my kids but is random so i dont care they get a auto save when the game crash, is there other versions for US ? Or i am getting crazy with the terrafever? O yeah i forgot to mention 1 of my world doesn't have a beehive and all my worlds I can't find iron ore at all and i have explore all my 3 worlds but like i say early i only have found 11 iron ore

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom