Other A few new... things, for the collectors out there

Well, I've got a few Ideas, but no pixel art ability, so I will have no sprites. BUT! This is something I just thought of, so I'm writing this immediately. Excuse the terrible terminology I may end up using.

EDIT: Thanks for the suggestions(and clarifying that bacon is a thing). I've added the Cluster Dynamite(Finn Bushidzyn), which I did not add the sticky and bouncy versions for because let's face it; that would be just a bit overpowering. Coupons have been updated(Sigma 90). Once again, thanks.
Coupon (Summoning Item)
Consumable
Material
(Obtained rarely by killing your merchant via Merchant Voodoo Doll)
Summons a merchant
(Merchant is a travelling merchant, except he sells the same stock as a normal town merchant.)
(Buff tooltip - "You are a smart shopper.")
You can sell items to, and buy items from, this merchant, and you have a 33% chance not to consume the item

Sales Ad (Summoning Item)
Summons a merchant
(Requires 10 Coupons for crafting at a Work Table.)
(Buff tooltip - The sales fear you, for you are The Shopper.)
You can sell items to, and buy items from, this merchant.

Ale Cannon (Trap)
140 ranged damage
Can be Placed
Sometimes confuses the enemy
(Sold by the pirate after the Party Girl and Tavernkeep move in, and is nearby a keg)
Shoots a flaming mug of ale, that leaves a blaze on the ground, five tiles across.

Pig (Animal)
Consumable
Material
(Item tooltip - It's a pig.)

Cluster Bomb
50 thrown damage
Material
Destroys blocks in a small radius, then releases multiple miniature bombs around the blast, hitting enemies for 10 damage each.
"Watch your aim!"

Sticky Cluster
50 thrown damage
(Requires 5 Cluster bombs and a gel)
Destroys blocks in a small radius, then releases multiple miniature bombs around the blast, hitting enemies for 10 damage each.
"Make sure to throw the bomb all the way."

Bouncy Cluster
50 thrown damage
(Requires 5 Cluster Bombs and Pink Gel)
"This side up, then down, then up again!"

Cluster Dynamite(25)
70 thrown damage
(Requires 25 Cluster Bombs and 1 Soul of Might)
Destroys blocks in a large radius, then releases multiple miniature bombs around the blast, hitting enemies for 10 damage each.

Last edited:
Portable merchant (via Coupon) sounds interesting. It'd be a good way to offload your stuff mid-adventure. Personally, I wouldn't make it a consumable. I'd make it a reusable item like the mirrors that teleport you home. There should be a penalty for a portable merchant, most likely a -10% or -25% selling price reduction.

Sales Ad also sounds interesting. But for both Sales Ad and Coupon, need to consider:
- How do you obtain these items?
- What are the merchants like? (Graphically?, are they human or something else?, etc.)
- What do they sell?

Currently no opinion on the other items.

We Already Have The Skeleton Merchant For Subterranean Exploration, But I Guess This Guy Can Be Summoned Anywhere, Anytime.
Also, The Bacon Already Is An Item, One From The Pigron, And It Does Almost EXACTLY What Yours Does, Except It Increases Life Regen Instead Of Crit Chance.
The Bombs Sound Neat, I Have Little To Say, Except Add A Stronger Version. Like Cluster Dynamite, Which Would Deal 150 Damage With The Secondaries Dealing 50.
I Think We Have Enough Critters, But Hey, What's Another?

Back
Top Bottom