TCF Suggestion A few suggestions for Statuses/Profile Posts

GoldenTerrabyte

Empress of Light
It's possible this issue has been brought up in this section before, but I don't seem to see one, plus I have multiple different suggestions regarding this subject.

So, first and foremost, the obvious. An "unwatch post" option would be nice, because a lot of us understand the feeling of commenting on a Developer's status, or even just a popular profile post, and subsequently getting a flood of alerts. A way to comment without this influx of alerts would be nice. Or just have it work like thread posts, giving you one alert, and it saying "There may be more comments after this."

Second, this isn't something I recall seeing anyone else suggest, but an option somewhere to get an alert when someone you follow updates their status could be nice. While this isn't needed as much, it could be kinda convenient for some people who like to keep track of other peoples' status.

Third, an option to set what forum theme your profile page appears in would be interesting, since Social Forums have that setting. Would add an extra little amount of customization to your page.

And finally, not really a suggestion as much as a possible bug report? When someone likes your comment on a post, it says "*person who liked* liked your comment on *person who posted*'s Profile", where it should say Profile Post, because that's what it seems to refer to.

First, as far as I know the only way to do this would require fiddling with XenForo and messing around with the coding every time an update comes out. You can however stop getting alerts from a status is you delete all your posts on it.

Second, while you don't get alerts for it you can see this from your News Feed (http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?account/news-feed)

Third, I have no idea about this one personally.

Fourth, this is just a quirck of XenForo not much I think can be done about it.

First, as far as I know the only way to do this would require fiddling with XenForo and messing around with the coding every time an update comes out. You can however stop getting alerts from a status is you delete all your posts on it.

Second, while you don't get alerts for it you can see this from your News Feed (http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?account/news-feed)

Third, I have no idea about this one personally.

Fourth, this is just a quirck of XenForo not much I think can be done about it.
Alright, thanks for the insight on these points!

That said these are things we have heard a desire for previously - so hopefully as XF updates over time it will be done or more possible/easy to address - but that's on their end really.

Back
Top Bottom