Votes: 3 15.0%
  • This sounds bad. I say Nay!

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
This thread is closed due to the infinite ammo sources implemented in the 1.3 update. ^.^

Okay, here it is.

I think it would be cool as hell if you could equip the Ammo Box and Magic Quiver in an ammo slot as a source of infinite ammo.

Ammo Box would supply an infinite source of Musket Balls. It would be treated like a Musket Ball that never depletes upon use.

Magic Quiver would supply an infinite source of Wooden Arrows in the same way.

Concept Images:

Equipped.jpg
"Just equip it in your ammo slot and fire away!"
Infinite Ammo!.jpg

Now onto balance. Buying an Ammo Box costs as much money as it takes to buy over 20,000 Musket Balls (that's enough to feed a Rapid Chain Gun for over a half hour straight without stopping), so I think it's fine. As for the Magic Quiver, it's a Hardmode item, which is an okay point of balance for infinite Arrows, given that there are a handful of powerful bows that transform ammo used. Maybe its a bit too hard to get, but it's mostly supposed to be a gag effect anyways.

That's about it. Feedback is appreciated, so cast your vote in the poll and post what you think!

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
Pretty sure we did something similar to this a week or two ago. Good idea ;)

Last edited:
The Magic Quiver makes a whole lot of sense as an infinite-ammo item. Although it could also grant that effect while equipped as an accessory.

The Ammo Box... not so sure. It might make a bit more sense to just create a designated infinite bullet for that purpose, and it would probably be easier to make balance modifications from there.

If you ask me, ammo usage is hardly even a relevant balance consideration for weapons, so I don't imagine that there will be any real argument against sources of infinite ammo that bypass the middleman, the Arms Dealer.

The Magic Quiver makes a whole lot of sense as an infinite-ammo item. Although it could also grant that effect while equipped as an accessory.
As an accessory effect, though, it would be hard to control when to actually shoot Wooden Arrows and when not to. It would be terribly inconvenient if it made you always fire Wooden Arrows, but it would be almost just as inconvenient to have to remove all of your other Arrows first.
The Ammo Box... not so sure. It might make a bit more sense to just create a designated infinite bullet for that purpose, and it would probably be easier to make balance modifications from there.

If you ask me, ammo usage is hardly even a relevant balance consideration for weapons, so I don't imagine that there will be any real argument against sources of infinite ammo that bypass the middleman, the Arms Dealer.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How about the magic quiver still works in the accessory slot, but it only provides free wooden arrows when your ammo slots are out of arrows?

I see no problem with the ammo box providing infinite musket balls.

I like this because I had idea about infinite wooden arrows when you have equiped Magic Quiver in Accessory slot. Your is more different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom