A new use for the Magic Quiver and Ammo Box

Discussion in 'Items' started by SzGamer227, Jan 24, 2015.

?

Yay or Nay?

1. This sounds neat. I say Yay!

16 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. On the fence. I say May(be).

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. This sounds bad. I say Nay!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Tunnel King
Reason: at author's request
Lock date: 19:39 05-12-2015
  1. SzGamer227

SzGamer227 Spazmatism

This thread is closed due to the infinite ammo sources implemented in the 1.3 update. ^.^

Okay, here it is.

I think it would be cool as hell if you could equip the Ammo Box and Magic Quiver in an ammo slot as a source of infinite ammo.

Ammo Box would supply an infinite source of Musket Balls. It would be treated like a Musket Ball that never depletes upon use.

Magic Quiver would supply an infinite source of Wooden Arrows in the same way.

Concept Images:

Equipped.jpg "Just equip it in your ammo slot and fire away!"
    Infinite Ammo!.jpg

Now onto balance. Buying an Ammo Box costs as much money as it takes to buy over 20,000 Musket Balls (that's enough to feed a Rapid Chain Gun for over a half hour straight without stopping), so I think it's fine. As for the Magic Quiver, it's a Hardmode item, which is an okay point of balance for infinite Arrows, given that there are a handful of powerful bows that transform ammo used. Maybe its a bit too hard to get, but it's mostly supposed to be a gag effect anyways.

That's about it. Feedback is appreciated, so cast your vote in the poll and post what you think!

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  2. Sonnette

Sonnette Retinazer

100% support. Since they don't shoot very powerful bullets and arrows, it is fine.

SzGamer227 likes this.
  3. Baconfry

Baconfry Terrarian

The Magic Quiver makes a whole lot of sense as an infinite-ammo item. Although it could also grant that effect while equipped as an accessory.

The Ammo Box... not so sure. It might make a bit more sense to just create a designated infinite bullet for that purpose, and it would probably be easier to make balance modifications from there.

If you ask me, ammo usage is hardly even a relevant balance consideration for weapons, so I don't imagine that there will be any real argument against sources of infinite ammo that bypass the middleman, the Arms Dealer.

SzGamer227 likes this.
  4. SzGamer227

SzGamer227 Spazmatism

As an accessory effect, though, it would be hard to control when to actually shoot Wooden Arrows and when not to. It would be terribly inconvenient if it made you always fire Wooden Arrows, but it would be almost just as inconvenient to have to remove all of your other Arrows first.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Erienna Nakagai likes this.
  5. Everybody

Everybody Spazmatism

Super Support. I love this, but can the Magic Quiver still be used as an accessory?

SzGamer227 likes this.
  6. Lecic

Lecic Steampunker

How about the magic quiver still works in the accessory slot, but it only provides free wooden arrows when your ammo slots are out of arrows?

I see no problem with the ammo box providing infinite musket balls.

7. Cenx

Cenx Lead Developer Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

Pretty sure we did something similar to this a week or two ago. Good idea ;)

8. Everybody

Everybody Spazmatism

ABOUT A WEEK AGO, WEEK AGO... (But seriously). When I saw Cenx, I was like... oh crap!

9. Qw2

Qw2 Official Terrarian

I hereby support this sugges...

Wait, this is already done? Cool!

SzGamer227 likes this.
  10. Everybody

Everybody Spazmatism

It was done... ABOUT A WEEK AGO, WEEK AGO

11. Qw2

Qw2 Official Terrarian

I see what you did there... :naughty:

12. Everybody

Everybody Spazmatism

Oh yeah... :merchantnaughty:

13. Lecic

Lecic Steampunker

Fantastic news.

SzGamer227 likes this.
  14. Exodus Starlit

Exodus Starlit Dungeon Spirit

I like this because I had idea about infinite wooden arrows when you have equiped Magic Quiver in Accessory slot. Your is more different.

15. Gotcha!

Gotcha! Pumpking

16. iDuck

iDuck Golem

Yay! It's official! I can't wait to use it!

Support!

17. Cyanogynist

Cyanogynist Cultist

This has been implemented in the form of the Infinite Musket Pouch and the Endless Quiver! Nice meme!

18. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Eye of Cthulhu

And you thought it was a good idea to reply to the thread. You know they probably already knew about it XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.