A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own Terraria for PC, PS3 and PS4. By far I like the PS4 version the best. I like the menus, I like the crafting, I like the screen resize with the pad and I like the controls. I know the PC has a ton more content, but I have been content to wait for it to come to the PS4.

I am a bit disappointed to learn that getting that content also 'upgrades' my PS4 version to be exactly like the PC. Will there still be D-pad support? Will there still be local split screen so I can play with my son?

I own Terraria for PC, PS3 and PS4. By far I like the PS4 version the best. I like the menus, I like the crafting, I like the screen resize with the pad and I like the controls. I know the PC has a ton more content, but I have been content to wait for it to come to the PS4.

I am a bit disappointed to learn that getting that content also 'upgrades' my PS4 version to be exactly like the PC. Will there still be D-pad support? Will there still be local split screen so I can play with my son?
Yes there will. On the Pipeworks stream on Friday, they confirmed that split screen is going to still be in the game. Also D-pad can be remapped as regular controls for things like Quick Heal and Quick Mana, or you can keep it as Favorites like how it still is.

ps4 version better than PC!? Someone stop that heresy!

Loki, will they introduce infinite map and character slots? Having 8 worlds and 5 characters sucks!

Don't know about "infinite" - but I know there was discussion about substantially increasing that limit (which, believe it or not, even PC once had a similar limitation back in the days). So, I'm going to go with "probably" on there being more slots and will see if the team can confirm that. You may want to submit it to the stream Q&A as well - as you can see, PW is starting to be able to directly address a lot of the more common questions on those.

As noted already, Split Screen is most definitely still "in" - and the D-Pad is a mappable control element (so you can use it like you did before).

What other concerns do you have?

*GASP!* So THAT'S why people think split-screen will go away! Because if the goal is for the console version to be equivalent to PC, no wonder people are confused!

If we had an exact date, we would give it. ;)

I will say this...quality will always be paramount in importance from our end, as we noted in the GI.biz article today. That's our focus, in all honesty.
Well, Do you think we will be able to get it by the end of this month?

What other concerns do you have?

I'm a little concerned about cursor speed, especially when it comes to using ranged and range controllable magic weapons ( magic missile etc )

Aiming at enemies can be difficult using just an analogue stick VS using a mouse which covers the whole screen on PC

We could do with something like a semi auto aim which doesn't full lock on to enemies but helps us with targeting

Yes we have chlorophyte ammo but for standard ammo we have to rely on analogue stick movement

Is there anything in the Pipeworks from Pipeworks regarding analogue speed or precision?

I remember that Xbox One players can pause the game and then use the triggers on the back of the controller to zoom, in case you don't know. It doesn't seem to work on Xbox 360, however.
Yea, this feature doesn't exist on Xbox 360 (or I'm just being completely blind)
[doublepost=1494945296,1494944859][/doublepost]
I'm a little concerned about cursor speed, especially when it comes to using ranged and range controllable magic weapons ( magic missile etc )

Aiming at enemies can be difficult using just an analogue stick VS using a mouse which covers the whole screen on PC

We could do with something like a semi auto aim which doesn't full lock on to enemies but helps us with targeting

Yes we have chlorophyte ammo but for standard ammo we have to rely on analogue stick movement

Is there anything in the Pipeworks from Pipeworks regarding analogue speed or precision?
I know what you mean. Console's cursor is way slower than the mouse, what really makes difference on boss fights or events like Frost Moon. I'm a mage, and I use Razorpine, so it really bothers me.
In general words, will Pipeworks make console's cursor faster, Loki?

I would assume that it will work like controller support does on PC in regards to "speed" - but I would have to let them weigh in on that, as I do not have any way to check directly myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom