A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Discussion in 'Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio' started by ClearConscious, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Tunnel King
Reason: superceded by new thread
Lock date: 15:02 13-09-2017
  1. ClearConscious

ClearConscious Community Manager Staff Member Pipeworks Studio

console-progressupdate.png

Good day, Terrarians and a Happy 2017 from Pipeworks!

It has been a few months since we announced our taking over the work on Terraria for Console and Mobile; including a full rebuilding of the Console/Mobile codebase. We are happy today to be able to give you an update on progress - and to showcase some of what is coming your way on the road to 1.3 for Xbox One & PS4!

The video above contains a few snippets from our latest build - contrasted with the identical content from the PC version of Terraria so that you can see our end goal of "one Terraria experience" coming to fruition. We hope you join us in our excitement when you see this small taste of what we are building for each of you; including a new "friend" who is dying to meet you.

Keep in mind that this is a pre-alpha build so you may notice some bugs appear, however we couldn’t hold off any longer releasing some footage!

So, what about timing? Glad you asked:

Console
    • Our work is progressing on-schedule, and we are really pleased with the progress thus far!
    • We are quite close to moving to Alpha and beginning the rigorous testing/QA process in partnership with our friends at Re-Logic.
    • Target Timing for release of Console 1.3 remains Q2 2017.

Mobile
    • Our plan is to utilize good portions of what we have built and learned with the console rebuild as we work to build a similar "One Terraria" experience on mobile devices.
    • Of course, there will still be a good bit of work needed on mobile-specific areas (UI, Controls, etc) beyond getting that core foundation solid.
    • Target Timing for release of Mobile 1.3 remains a few months after Console, so you can expect this in the second half of 2017; hopefully sooner rather than later!

The Pipeworks team is quite pleased with the progress the team has made thus far and continues to make every day. We are even more thrilled to give you a sneak peek at some content that will be arriving soon!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2017
  2. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

Looking good guys! Getting pretty excited now that we are getting closer and closer! Can't wait to see how everyone reacts...what else you guys will have to share...and how everyone enjoys this new console/mobile experience when it arrives. :cool:

The Moonlord is coming for you all.... :eek:

3. Nike Leon

Nike Leon Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It's great to get some news ^_^ especially good news! Keep up the good work guys :)

4. MaxMinecrafter23

MaxMinecrafter23 Steampunker

3rd post

Gigavoir likes this.
  5. diekonradish

diekonradish Official Terrarian

The outcome's gonna look great for everyone on the current-gen console and mobile front! `:happy:

I'd say that I'm excited, but I'd pretty much repeat what everyone above me said. `:D

6. Safeman

Safeman Community Manager Staff Member Re-Logic

Seeing Terraria thrive on consoles is awesome!

7. Unit One

Unit One Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Getting to see the progress is fantastic. Loving how this looks, and excited to see how things unfold as we get closer. Seeing the console game look so much like the PC game is wonderful!

8. Matsu

Matsu Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Please try to provide more content in future posts.

9. Aurora3500

Aurora3500 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Excellent news for the Console & Mobile Platforms!

It will be very exciting for more people to fully experience everything 1.3 has to offer! It's always awesome to see upgrades in visual quality in games as well!

10. LeGurdah

LeGurdah Skeletron

It is a golden day once more.

Canito, OriyonOrigins and ecavalli like this.
  11. Kazzymodus

Kazzymodus Lunatic Cultist

About half a year in development and still on schedule? That's a pretty big achievement in game development! ;)

Either way, you don't seem to be sacrificing quality for punctuality either. I honestly think that with its amazing 1.3 backgrounds and parallax, Terraria would actually look better on the big screen than on a simple computer monitor: it would really magnify that experience of exploring the vast, boundless worlds that Terraria generates for you!

WitheredWyvern, Canito and ecavalli like this.
  12. ekinator

ekinator Eye of Cthulhu

The thing I am worrying about is if the mobile version will use even more of your phone resources than it does currently. My phone is a bit outdated so it lags and crashes a lot.

13. Nakano15

Nakano15 Official Terrarian

Don't tell me the grayed moon lord is a new unique content.

Code 777: SHATTER likes this.
  14. Code 777: SHATTER

Code 777: SHATTER Skeletron Prime

I'll finally be able to talk to my friend about 1.3 (he gets jealous because he is a mobile only)

Wolf kin and ecavalli like this.
  15. Kazzymodus

Kazzymodus Lunatic Cultist

This will definitely be the case. There aren't any solid numbers yet about the new requirements, but they will definitely be more taxing on your phone.

See this thread for more info.

16. darthmorf

darthmorf Party Girl

This is very impressive - you guys have done a great job. It pleases me greatly to know that the other versions of Terraria will be elevated to the high standards of the PC version.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Wolf kin, ecavalli and ClearConscious like this.
  17. Oleg34518

Oleg34518 Official Terrarian

Glad you showed your progress, looking forward to 1.3, but just a request: can you please make console 1.3 different from PC?
    Oh, and give us the option to hide the control help on the bottom of the screen.

Wolf kin, XoArK and Canito like this.
  18. ComixTheNoob

ComixTheNoob Plantera

Looking at the cursor on the console footage, will the game still keep the same controls as of terraria console 1.2.4?

Wolf kin likes this.
  19. Canito

Canito Skeletron Prime

This project should be called something..."Project One"?

20. Um, no? That's just how Moon Lord looks during the fight against him because of his "Void" effect. It's pretty clearly unfinished however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.