Weapons & Equip About the Crystal Assassin Set

Ok, to stop this movement speed and flight discussion I decided to record lul...
However, sadly I couldn't get the frame counter to work right so won't post, however, no matter how much movement speed you stack, the time to reach max vertical flight speed is always 73 frames (frozen wings).
If wanted then I can uplooad the video with frame counter, but it won't freeze when I need it to., as in when top speed is reached, as that's what I couldn't get to work lol.
In-fact, I might record a video later where my movement speed is set to 1000%, easier to show. :p

However, JUMP SPEED does make a difference, I have a feeling Banmei is getting those two confused.
Which is why Amphibian Boots>Terraspark.

Last edited:
No. I won't make a video.

and....

No. I don't use frog legged based accessories.

One last try. Flight is activated when holding down the jump button right? So, if it the button is not held down you are not activating flight right? I think we have established already that WINGS are affected by accessories not movement speed. I have also established that AIR TIME is not solely based upon using wings. I have also stated that I do not constantly hold down the jump button, but rather tap it periodically.

I'm not so sure if there is any other way to explain this.

No. I won't make a video.

and....

No. I don't use frog legged based accessories.

One last try. Flight is activated when holding down the jump button right? So, if it the button is not held down you are not activating flight right? I think we have established already that WINGS are affected by accessories not movement speed. I have also established that AIR TIME is not solely based upon using wings. I have also stated that I do not constantly hold down the jump button, but rather tap it periodically.

I'm not so sure if there is any other way to explain this.
I tested, and I still don't understand. I know it's not Wiki levels of quality, but I still think it's worth mentioning:
1592350685928.png

I flew from a platform offscreen to the left, and I started from the exact same location every time. I also attempted to do the exact same motions for each trial variation (due to human error, I didn't end up landing on the exact same spot every time)

I also used two different builds, one which was at 0% bonus movement speed, the other was at 60% increased movement speed (which is the cap, by the way).

I used two different flight patterns, one where i was attempting to fly in a straight horizontal line ("false hovering") by pressing the button rapidly, the other by repeatedly making swooping motions in order to test the upward/horizontal acceleration. I tested using Solar Wings, and the accessories/armor showed are the "capped speed" build.

I took off from the same exact location 10 times for each combination, and used gemspark blocks to mark the locations where I landed (placing blocks below the landing point if i'd already landed on that block before). Ruby was the swooping flight pattern with the 0% increased movement speed build, Emerald was the swooping pattern with the 60%, Topaz was the "false hovering" with the 0% movement speed build, and Sapphire was the "false hovering" with the 60% increased speed.

As you can see, the distance was increased by only about 6 blocks at most. This clearly isn't something that is as affected by movement speed as drastically as you think, and the fact that it clearly didn't have a distance increase really makes me think you are just imagining it. Unless you're talking about changing directions, in which case I repeat myself by saying:
1592351552368.png

Seriously, you don't need to build around movement speed if you can instantly accelerate and change direction in 1 frame. I repeat, you accelerate and change direction in 1 frame by just using this.

Anyway, now that I have tested, I no longer have any doubt that movement speed, both of the accessory and armor variety, doesn't affect your flight timer, nor horizontal velocity, nor acceleration after swooping in one direction.

Last edited:
Great! Well done.

For the sake of explanation, I only equip the shield if I am in a minecart. It has almost gotten me killed a number of times and is really annoying when building. It does not mold well with my style. Speaking of styles, you have yours and I have mine. I will continue to make use of things how I always have.

But also, the extreme amount of variability, especially the blue and green (which is the speed bonus), tells me that you do not have great control over flight in a manner that I talk about. You have clearly indicated that movement speed does affect the total distance with what you did. However, Im not talking about total distance. I use flight for mobility like dodging, attacking, moving from place to place and so on.

When I have my flight, tuned to my way, there are very few things that pose a threat to me at all in open space. So to end this, Let's just say that movement speed DOES affect air time. It comes down to the eye of the beholder on whether that difference is sufficient for you and whether you are fully utilizing it or not.

Great! Well done.

For the sake of explanation, I only equip the shield if I am in a minecart. It has almost gotten me killed a number of times and is really annoying when building. It does not mold well with my style. Speaking of styles, you have yours and I have mine. I will continue to make use of things how I always have.

But also, the extreme amount of variability, especially the blue and green (which is the speed bonus), tells me that you do not have great control over flight in a manner that I talk about. You have clearly indicated that movement speed does affect the total distance with what you did. However, Im not talking about total distance. I use flight for mobility like dodging, attacking, moving from place to place and so on.

When I have my flight, tuned to my way, there are very few things that pose a threat to me at all in open space. So to end this, Let's just say that movement speed DOES affect air time. It comes down to the eye of the beholder on whether that difference is sufficient for you and whether you are fully utilizing it or not.
What exactly do you mean by air time? Are you sure it’s not Flight time, the thing Rocket Boots affects?

Also, that variability was far from extreme. Flight Time is given in increments of 0.7 seconds, and that would give you FAR more than 6 extra blocks.

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean by air time? Are you sure it’s not Flight time, the thing Rocket Boots affects?
I think it's as literal as it sounds: the amount of time you spend in the air.
How horizontal speed helps with that is beyond me, though.

Back
Top Bottom