OOC Abyssal Grotto (OOC)

Orchamut

The Destroyer
Abyssal Grotto

The universe is full of inexplicable anomalies, and one such anomaly is an alien cave system that occasionally interferes with interdimensional travel, drawing hapless victims into its depths with seemingly no way to escape. Once inside, simply teleporting out is impossible. Nobody has ever mapped the area, and in fact nobody seems to know where the caves are located in the first place.

They say the abyssal grotto is an unforgiving place full of strange, bluish, meaty flora and obscure creatures. There are rivers of viscous, acidic liquid, and fresh water is hard to come by. Most of the landscape consists of a reddish-black rock material that is surprisingly malleable. Brightly glowing orbs that appear to be a sort of exotic fungus dot the landscape, allowing visibility.
image0 (11).jpeg
Perhaps you will finally be the one to unravel the secrets of the caves and figure out how to escape. But I wouldn't think about trying to go alone.

Character Rules

All characters arrive in the caves through teleportation of some sort. This doesn't need to be explained in-depth or anything, but keep it in mind if you intend to go into detail on how your character appeared in the RP.
Generally this is the result of an accident; a strange force in the caves that draws in teleportations, however it could also be possible that characters would have heard rumors of these caves and purposely sought them out.

You cannot use any sort of teleportation or communication that reaches outside of the caves. This is not merely a rule, this is a mechanic of the RP, so just keep it in mind. Your character can attempt it, but they will be unsuccessful.
Any teleportation or communication that happens entirely within the caves is fine and should work normally.

Aside from that, there are no explicit rules on what you can or cannot use for characters. They can be from any world you like and have any sort of abilities you like as long as most people are OK with it.
Try to avoid making them overpowered or anything, but if I deem them to be unbalanced I will try to work with you on balancing them.
Name:

Age (Optional):

Species:

Appearance:

Personality (Optional):

Height (Optional):

Weight (Optional):

Equipment:

Abilities:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Extras (Optional):

Backstory (Optional):

Text Color:

Theme (Optional):
You may use this application template when submitting your character, but you can submit your character however you like as long as I don't feel like it hasn't been described enough.

Combat

For the most part, combat in this RP (especially against the native wildlife) will default to using no attack or defense rolls.
If you would like to use attack/defense rolls when fighting against NPCs run by me, then I will be happy to accomodate it, but it will not be the norm.

This is not a rule but merely a recommendation: For combat between two characters run by two different participants here, unless you both have the same clear outcome in mind I would highly recommend using attack and defense rolls to sort out the battle. Otherwise these fights tend to become too drawn out or escalate too far.

Keep in mind that the environment of the RP is supposed to be a bit harsh, but as a rule to everyone including myself, there will be no forced kills against other participants' characters. Though as I also don't love the idea of the same characters constantly ending up in situations they should have zero chance of surviving in and being completely fine, I ask everyone to please use common sense or we may need to kick you from the RP.

Participant-Led Arcs

I will solely be in control of the environment in this RP. This will require a lot of interaction from my part, but please do not assume things about the RP world without confirmation from me.

That said, I am including a rule that will allow participants to run their own arcs so that the RP can have more padding without me needing to contribute everything.
While I control the caves, anyone who has an accepted character in the RP is allowed to control whatever gets teleported into there from outside, without needing me to accept it. So you are allowed to bring in side characters, minor antagonists, or even structures or other objects.

If you have a more complicated idea that you would like to work with me on, I would be happy to discuss it in this OOC thread.
Ideally I would work it out in PMs, but unless you already have some way to contact me outside of TCF, that's simply not possible for me so we're just going to have to make do.

Now this rule is more of a privilege than anything. If I feel like this is being abused, I may need to revoke or limit usage of it.
The lack of an application requirement is meant to add a bit of fun and mystery, but if it ends up becoming overwhelming or just used as a way to add extra main characters without applying them, I'm going to have to moderate it.

With all that out of the way, one last thing I want to add is that this RP is not meant to be a replacement for my other RP; it is a slightly more relaxed RP that takes place in a different setting in the same world.

Accepted Characters

Current Character Limit per User: 4

Last edited:
...I might consider this at some point. Very big might though, as I have been struggling with inspiration and energy lately and it's really messing with my brain.

Name: Garry Eldwings
Species: Human
Appearance:
- (Natural) Light-skinned, brown, short-haired tall guy with a scar on his leg. Scar apparently is an aftermath of a graduation into the mafia proper, forced upon by their family.
- (Clothing) Black laced shoes, gray fedora, including a hat. Includes a satchel for his Pokeballs and medicine for field journeys.
Personality:
- Surprisingly friendly inside considering his tough stance to strangers.
- Hates it when people think they can be greedy.
- Secretly despises his own family.
- Absolutely loves the birds.
- Doesn't really shy from violent solutions when pushed, but would rather look for different paths.

Height (Optional): ~1.77 m

Weight (Optional): ~71 kg

Equipment:
- Knife - "Black Rose"
- Pokeball, Honchkrow "Ol' Trusty" inside. (Lv. 40, knows Pursuit, Wing Attack, Protect and Assurance)
- 2 of antidotes, potions and burn sprays each.

Abilities:
- (Trainer) Able to command his Pokemon to the battle.

Strengths:
- (Cautious) A healthy dose of caution lets him avoid picking obviously bad fights... normally.
- (Weapon Training) Even though only armed with a knife, don't be fooled, his mafia had trained him with firearms and other melee weapons.
- (Shadow Within Crowds) He blends in to nearby human-heavy areas well.

Weaknesses:
- (Pokemon-dependent) Despite his training, he puts most of his trust on Ol' Trusty. Should they faint or otherwise become incapacitated, Garry loses most of his edge in any situation.
- (Cold-hating) Yeah... they really feel the cold twice as much as a normal human. He'd rather live in hotter areas.
- (Frail) If overpowered, a person may as well punch him hard and he'll feel a lot of pain. More so than average human.

Extras:
- (Cursed) It's a screwed up world he lived in, because he witnessed a Latias die in the sky. Maybe it was a part of him growing up... he isn't aware of this, but if there's someone who can detect a pressence, they'd be able to figure out Garry isn't all what they seem to be.

Text Color: #DE568A

Name: Nogent Celestin
Gender: <ERROR: IDENTITY CANNOT BE READ> They prefer male pronouns.
Age (Optional): ~50 years
Species: Radien/X'i
Appearance:
- (Natural) Purple core (fulfilling the role of eyes and insides), with gray chitin and teal microfeathers. Jagged looks of his 'feathers'.
- (Clothing) Gold-dyed admiral jacket and pants. Doesn't wear shoes or any hat. Wears crystals on their back.

Personality:
- Doesn't like when they can't structure their next moves or when no one has any plans.
- Looks at the world with some curiosity, as something they'd want to discover. It helps that they have their own spaceship.
- They love platformers a lot, no specific cases, just overall.
- Doesn't sound friendly, but they are friendly.

Height (Optional): 1.88m

Weight (Optional): ~80kg (note: The core is heavier compared to human flesh and bones)

Equipment:
- Zerchesium Shortsword + Gladiator Shield
- Flamethrower, modes: Spray, gas cloud.
- Irradium Burstgun, modes: Shotgun, Concentrated Blast

Abilities:
- (Morph Ball) It might've been pioneered by Samus Aran, but they also know how to use it.

Strengths:
- (Strategical) Plans their moves in advance, accounting for any possible dangers.
- (Nuclear Power Plant) When fed well, they are possibly as strong and durable as a robot. (Glitch is the comparison)

Weaknesses:
- (Impulsive) It's easy to throw him off emotionally, and when they're angry...
- (HUUUUNGRY) The X'i, naturally, need to sustain themselves with food, otherwise they start getting weaker. At weakest, when starving they'd be as weak and frail as an old man.
- (Optimum) Too cold, they freeze. Too hot, they meltdown. It literally has to be near-perfect conditions for them, even more so than for humans. Temperatures below 10°C or above 32°C are enough to put them into danger even when wearing proper clothes.
- (Awkward) Because of his speech quirks, doesn't really get much of understanding from anyone other than ones really close to him... or other X'i.

Extras (Optional):
Has their own ship, as told. Also has a method to beam up, but... due to cave's interference, anything leading to their death will be permanent, any attempts to beam-up would only give a blinding light, but not result in actual beam-up, and any attempts to use teleporters will lead to small explosion and smell of burnt circuits.

Text Color: #D6BA64

Changelog:
- 24.04.2024: Created characters
- 27.04.2024: Clarified two weaknesses in Nogent's sheet.

Last edited:
...I might consider this at some point. Very big might though, as I have been struggling with inspiration and energy lately and it's really messing with my brain.
Alright, the RP will be open after starting of course so there's no rush to decide.
Name: Garry Eldwings
Appearance:
- (Natural) Light-skinned, brown, short-haired tall guy with a scar on his leg. Scar apparently is an aftermath of a graduation into the mafia proper, forced upon by their family.
- (Clothing) Black laced shoes, gray fedora, including a hat. Includes a satchel for his Pokeballs and medicine for field journeys.
Personality:
- Surprisingly friendly inside considering his tough stance to strangers.
- Hates it when people think they can be greedy.
- Secretly despises his own family.
- Absolutely loves the birds.
- Doesn't really shy from violent solutions when pushed, but would rather look for different paths.

Height (Optional): ~1.77 m

Weight (Optional): ~71 kg

Equipment:
- Knife - "Black Rose"
- Pokeball, Honchkrow "Ol' Trusty" inside. (Lv. 40, knows Pursuit, Wing Attack, Protect and Assurance)
- 2 of antidotes, potions and burn sprays each.

Abilities:
- (Trainer) Able to command his Pokemon to the battle.

Strengths:
- (Cautious) A healthy dose of caution lets him avoid picking obviously bad fights... normally.
- (Weapon Training) Even though only armed with a knife, don't be fooled, his mafia had trained him with firearms and other melee weapons.
- (Shadow Within Crowds) He blends in to nearby human-heavy areas well.

Weaknesses:
- (Pokemon-dependent) Despite his training, he puts most of his trust on Ol' Trusty. Should they faint or otherwise become incapacitated, Garry loses most of his edge in any situation.
- (Cold-hating) Yeah... they really feel the cold twice as much as a normal human. He'd rather live in hotter areas.
- (Frail) If overpowered, a person may as well punch him hard and he'll feel a lot of pain. More so than average human.

Extras:
- (Cursed) It's a screwed up world he lived in, because he witnessed a Latias die in the sky. Maybe it was a part of him growing up... he isn't aware of this, but if there's someone who can detect a pressence, they'd be able to figure out Garry isn't all what they seem to be.

Text Color: #DE568A
Accepted.
Name: Nogent Celestin
Gender: <ERROR: IDENTITY CANNOT BE READ> They prefer male pronouns.
Age (Optional): ~50 years
Species: Radien/X'i
Appearance:
- (Natural) Purple core (fulfilling the role of eyes and insides), with gray chitin and teal microfeathers. Jagged looks of his 'feathers'.
- (Clothing) Gold-dyed admiral jacket and pants. Doesn't wear shoes or any hat. Wears crystals on their back.

Personality:
- Doesn't like when they can't structure their next moves or when no one has any plans.
- Looks at the world with some curiosity, as something they'd want to discover. It helps that they have their own spaceship.
- They love platformers a lot, no specific cases, just overall.
- Doesn't sound friendly, but they are friendly.

Height (Optional): 1.88m

Weight (Optional): ~80kg (note: The core is heavier compared to human flesh and bones)

Equipment:
- Zerchesium Shortsword + Gladiator Shield
- Flamethrower, modes: Spray, gas cloud.
- Irradium Burstgun, modes: Shotgun, Concentrated Blast

Abilities:
- (Morph Ball) It might've been pioneered by Samus Aran, but they also know how to use it.

Strengths:
- (Strategical) Plans their moves in advance, accounting for any possible dangers.
- (Nuclear Power Plant) When fed well, they are possibly as strong and durable as a robot. (Glitch is the comparison)

Weaknesses:
- (Impulsive) It's easy to throw him off emotionally, and when they're angry...
- (HUUUUNGRY) The X'i, naturally, need to sustain themselves with food, otherwise they start getting weaker.
- (Optimum) Too cold, they freeze. Too hot, they meltdown. It literally has to be near-perfect conditions for them, even more so than for humans.
- (Awkward) Because of his speech quirks, doesn't really get much of understanding from anyone other than ones really close to him... or other X'i.

Extras (Optional):
Has their own ship, as told. Also has a method to beam up, but... due to cave's interference, anything leading to their death will be permanent, any attempts to beam-up would only give a blinding light, but not result in actual beam-up, and any attempts to use teleporters will lead to small explosion and smell of burnt circuits.

Text Color: #D6BA64
Both accepted, seems good, though one thing I want to ask is
- (Optimum) Too cold, they freeze. Too hot, they meltdown. It literally has to be near-perfect conditions for them, even more so than for humans.
how extreme is this? As I didn't describe it before, but these caves are, for the most part, sort of hot and humid like in a rainforest. Nothing that would be harmful to a human though.

Alright, the RP will be open after starting of course so there's no rush to decide.

Accepted.

Both accepted, seems good, though one thing I want to ask is

how extreme is this? As I didn't describe it before, but these caves are, for the most part, sort of hot and humid like in a rainforest. Nothing that would be harmful to a human though.
Around 18-27°C would be optimum range, and >32°C or <10°C would be dangerous for the X'i.

Name: William Carter
Stage Name: The Great Maxwell

Age (Optional): 26?

Appearance: A... painfully average looking guy. Nothing about him is augmented or anything like that. However, he dresses like one of those old stage magicians, complete with the cape!

Personality (Optional): A true showman, through and through!

Equipment:
The Great Maxwell isn't just a magician! He's a Pokémon Trainer! And has 3 of the most helpful stage assistants he could ever ask for!
To start, we have the Monster of The Night, The Beast of Horrors.... Haunter! This spooooooky servant is level 33, and knows Sludge Bomb, Hex, Astonish, and Will-o-Wisp. The perfect moveset for effects!

Then, we have the Watcher of The Beyond, the Grim Reaper himself... Dusclops! Level 35, knows Icy Wind, Trick, Helping Hand, and Shadow Punch. A great toolkit for the performance!

And last, but definitely not least, is the Great Elder, the Ancient King.... Cofagrigus! Level 38, and knows Curse, Poltergeist, Destiny Bond, and Shadow Ball. Enter his tomb, if you daaaaaarrree!

Abilities: None. He's a magician by trade, but that doesn't mean he knows magic!

Strengths: A master class performer, who claims to have been so talented that even the mythical Celebi shows up for each of his shows! (This is a lie.)

Weaknesses: He's still just a normal human. Granted, Pokémon Anime humans are still built different, what with the 10 year old Ash carrying tree logs and having Munchlax ride around on him, but still!
His Pokémon's movsets are to help put on a good show, rather than actually, yknow. Fight.

Backstory (Optional): As he would put it, his latest show was so good that his rivals called upon Giratina himself to send him away out of jealousy.

What actually happened was Hoopa did a lil trolling.

Text Color: 3b0e8f

Name: William Carter
Stage Name: The Great Maxwell

Age (Optional): 26?

Appearance: A... painfully average looking guy. Nothing about him is augmented or anything like that. However, he dresses like one of those old stage magicians, complete with the cape!

Personality (Optional): A true showman, through and through!

Equipment:
The Great Maxwell isn't just a magician! He's a Pokémon Trainer! And has 3 of the most helpful stage assistants he could ever ask for!
To start, we have the Monster of The Night, The Beast of Horrors.... Haunter! This spooooooky servant is level 33, and knows Sludge Bomb, Hex, Astonish, and Will-o-Wisp. The perfect moveset for effects!

Then, we have the Watcher of The Beyond, the Grim Reaper himself... Dusclops! Level 35, knows Icy Wind, Trick, Helping Hand, and Shadow Punch. A great toolkit for the performance!

And last, but definitely not least, is the Great Elder, the Ancient King.... Cofagrigus! Level 38, and knows Curse, Poltergeist, Destiny Bond, and Shadow Ball. Enter his tomb, if you daaaaaarrree!

Abilities: None. He's a magician by trade, but that doesn't mean he knows magic!

Strengths: A master class performer, who claims to have been so talented that even the mythical Celebi shows up for each of his shows! (This is a lie.)

Weaknesses: He's still just a normal human. Granted, Pokémon Anime humans are still built different, what with the 10 year old Ash carrying tree logs and having Munchlax ride around on him, but still!
His Pokémon's movsets are to help put on a good show, rather than actually, yknow. Fight.

Backstory (Optional): As he would put it, his latest show was so good that his rivals called upon Giratina himself to send him away out of jealousy.

What actually happened was Hoopa did a lil trolling.

Text Color: 3b0e8f
Ah I can see what you mean, but looks good, accepted.

Maybe they'll be able to trade evo his Haunter no please don't Haunter is superior

Name: Undead Miner
Species: Undead Miner (He's the skeleton of a Terrarian though, unlike other Undead Miners.)
Appearance: An Undead Miner
Equipment: Bone Pickaxe, Bone Sword, Marrow, a ton of arrows, Mining Shirt, Mining Pants, Mining Helmet, a Panic Necklace, and a few bombs.
Abilities: The only abilities he has that are unusual for an Undead Miner is the ability to craft things and equip items.
Strengths: He's a skeleton, so he can do stuff like trapping sword thrusts in between his ribs.
Weaknesses: He doesn't have that much health, so if he gets hit it can sometimes break his bones.
Backstory: He was teleported by a teleporter that was in an unnecessarily elaborate AFK farm someone had built,
but as he was being teleported, he felt himself being yanked in a direction he didn't know existed!
Text color: 90A080

Name: Undead Miner
Species: Undead Miner (He's the skeleton of a Terrarian though, unlike other Undead Miners.)
Appearance: An Undead Miner
Equipment: Bone Pickaxe, Bone Sword, Marrow, a ton of arrows, Mining Shirt, Mining Pants, Mining Helmet, a Panic Necklace, and a few bombs.
Abilities: The only abilities he has that are unusual for an Undead Miner is the ability to craft things and equip items.
Strengths: He's a skeleton, so he can do stuff like trapping sword thrusts in between his ribs.
Weaknesses: He doesn't have that much health, so if he gets hit it can sometimes break his bones.
Backstory: He was teleported by a teleporter that was in an unnecessarily elaborate AFK farm someone had built,
but as he was being teleported, he felt himself being yanked in a direction he didn't know existed!
Text color: 90A080
Seems good, accepted.

Name: MD-AAS (Markus Dane - Augmented Armored Scout)

Age (Optional): late 30s

Species: Human, augmented.

Appearance:

362980176_18291229813137303_675380765687569293_n.jpeg

369258532_18295468000137303_7236618460658833649_n.jpeg

A large, somewhat humanoid mech about 12 feet tall. It has several built in weapons within its frame. Given as the pilot, Markus Dane, is quite literally built into the machine and cannot survive without being inside of it, the entity is simply referred to with his name, as it is practically an extension of his body as opposed to being its own thing.

Personality (Optional):

Generally pretty gruff military man who seems somewhat unable to relax, perhaps due to trauma.

Height (Optional): Roughly 12 1/2 feet tall, or about 4 meters tall.

Weight (Optional): Around 4000 pounds.

Equipment: A heavy assault rifle with an ammo feeder lined directly to his shoulder. If broken, he can still reload manually. An armor piercing single shot auto loading mounted rifle on his shoulder, essentially a glorified sniper rifle closer to a small cannon. A small cluster bomb launcher which folds neatly into his other shoulder, firing one small missile which can detonate into a few smaller explosives. A mounted wrist baton about 4 feet long that can extend from his forearm with the ability to be electrified to stun targets. Finally, an air-based dispersal gun on his opposite forearm, which works by blasting an intense condensed blast of air to throw opponents back, or split them apart if they’re against a wall or other surface. His “eye” is able to fire a thin and short range utility laser that can be used as a weapon in a pinch.

Abilities:
Pretty physically strong, as he is in a mech. Well trained combatant with state of the art weaponry and technology.

Can enter LRCC state (Long-Range Crowd Control), which takes one post. MD-AAS will kneel down, leg joints locking and rifle going inactive as the rifle and cluster bomb launcher will be engaged, improving the accuracy of both (+3 to attacks) but leaving the machine entirely open to attacks. (-5 to defense). In LRCC state, MD-AAS can fire two cluster bombs a turn instead of one, and it’s rifle’s reload is lowered from every other post to every post.

It takes one post for the machine to exit LRCC.

Strengths:

A well rounded combatant, MD-AAS is skilled with all of its weapons and can engage in combat in a broad variety of ranges.

Due to the mech’s lithe design, MD-AAS is highly agile, featuring an array of simple thrusters that allow the machine to dash to evade attacks or leap long distances.

Weaknesses:

Markus is entirely unable to leave his mech because it contains his life support system. His head is also exposed from the torso of the machine, being heavily armored, but still a weak point.

A lack of supplies and the inability to leave his machine makes it difficult for MD-AAS to repair himself.

Backstory (Optional):

[ORCHAMUT HAS APPROVED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING]

“… Scout log, day 28.”

Markus left it there.. still thinking before he opted to continue recording.

He took a minute to think, wondering where to even begin.

Tracing back through the last month was both painful and difficult, so much had happened, and yet he knew it was far from over.

Why not start with his past? If this was to be his eulogy for himself, it seemed fitting to mention his accomplishments..

Well, he was born an augie, what they called the augmented “supersoldiers” of the Perfection’s fleet, clones grown in labs to be quickly mass produced. He served in the first 4 Exterminatus missions, the Veenitian planetary assault, and several political assassinations.

After all this, he was affectionately coined an “old dog” of the Perfection.. and sadly that meant he was to go through what all old pets must deal with, being put down.

He was drafted about a month prior into the RD-04, a scouting unit assembled for a deployment to a strange “alien artifact”. A suicide mission, as none of the other two parties had ever returned.

And so, with his squadmates HT-AAD (Henry Terrene - Augmented Armored Destroyer), CL -AAB (Caroline Mary - Augmented Armored Bruiser), DM-AAAR (Daniel Mitchell - Augmented Armored Artillery), and HM-AAE (Hannah May - Augmented Armored Engineer), MD-AAS entered the portal.

Contact with the outside was futile. Once the squad had arrived, radio silence permeated the air. Manual communication was required, as the radios refused to work as a result of some sort of odd interference.

The first two weeks were boring, bland even. Samples were collected, attempts to return or hail home were made.. and nothing came of it.

One day they found the bodies of RD-03 and RD-02. The machines were picked apart, almost as if they were eaten. Assessment of the pilot’s logs indicated an attack creatures they referred to as “metalbacks”.. quite an unsettling name.

And the very next day, those exact creatures appeared. A whole swarm of beasts akin to a disgusting hybridization of crocodiles and porcupines, metal spines rippling from their malformed backs.

They were easy enough to kill, and the squad came sufficiently armed.. but one mistake was all it took to lose a squad member. Several creatures swarmed HT-AAD.. and he was killed on the spot, torn apart as the beasts ate through the metal as if nothing more than paper.

From then on, the mood was far more somber. The joking stopped, sleepless “nights” ensued, watching out for more metalbacks… and it was not long before they returned.. hundreds of them.

At the back of the group, MD-AAS was the last one to survive. He was left alone as he slew the last of the creatures, the mangled metal and corpses of his comrades lying sparking and bleeding around him.

He had to get out.. he ran and ran, days on end, sprinting faster at each sound, each inhuman noise, until he found a portal..

And all that said portal accomplished was cementing his fate, bringing him deeper into this foreign abyss, this hell.

“If you are hearing this recording. RD-04 is dead.”

Text Color: #6b7468

Theme (Optional):

Last edited:

Appearance:

View attachment 467421

View attachment 467422

A large, somewhat humanoid mech about 12 feet tall. It has several built in weapons within its frame. Given as the pilot, Markus Dane, is quite literally built into the machine and cannot survive without being inside of it, the entity is simply referred to with his name, as it is practically an extension of his body as opposed to being its own thing.

Personality (Optional):

Generally pretty gruff military man who seems somewhat unable to relax, perhaps due to trauma.

Equipment: A heavy assault rifle with an ammo feeder lined directly to his shoulder. If broken, he can still reload manually. An armor piercing single shot auto loading mounted rifle on his shoulder, essentially a glorified sniper rifle closer to a small cannon. A small cluster bomb launcher which folds neatly into his other shoulder, firing one small missile which can detonate into a few smaller explosives. A mounted wrist baton about 4 feet long that can extend from his forearm with the ability to be electrified to stun targets. Finally, an air-based dispersal gun on his opposite forearm, which works by blasting an intense condensed blast of air to throw opponents back, or split them apart if they’re against a wall or other surface. His “eye” is able to fire a thin and short range utility laser that can be used as a weapon in a pinch.

Abilities:
Pretty physically strong, as he is in a mech. Well trained combatant with state of the art weaponry and technology.

Can enter LRCC state (Long-Range Crowd Control), which takes one post. MD-AAS will kneel down, leg joints locking and rifle going inactive as the rifle and cluster bomb launcher will be engaged, improving the accuracy of both (+3 to attacks) but leaving the machine entirely open to attacks. (-5 to defense). In LRCC state, MD-AAS can fire two cluster bombs a turn instead of one, and it’s rifle’s reload is lowered from every other post to every post.

Strengths:

A well rounded combatant, MD-AAS is skilled with all of its weapons and can engage in combat in a broad variety of ranges.

Due to the mech’s lithe design, MD-AAS is highly agile, featuring an array of simple thrusters that allow the machine to dash to evade attacks or leap long distances.

Weaknesses:

Markus is entirely unable to leave his mech because it contains his life support system. His head is also exposed from the torso of the machine, being heavily armored, but still a weak point.

A lack of supplies and the inability to leave his machine makes it difficult for MD-AAS to repair himself.

Backstory (Optional):

“… Scout log, day 28.”

Tracing back through the last month was both painful and difficult, so much had happened, and yet he knew it was far from over.

Why not start with his past? If this was to be his eulogy for himself, it seemed fitting to mention his accomplishments..

Well, he was born an augie, what they called the augmented “supersoldiers” of the Perfection’s fleet, clones grown in labs to be quickly mass produced. He served in the first 4 Exterminatus missions, the Veenitian planetary assault, and several political assassinations.

After all this, he was affections coined an “old dog” of the Perfection.. and sadly that meant he was to go through what all old pets must deal with, being put down.

He was drafted about a month prior into the RD-04, a scouting unit assembled for a deployment to a strange “alien artifact”. A suicide mission, as none of the other two parties had ever returned.

And so, with his squadmates HT-AAD (Henry Terrene - Augmented Armored Destroyer), CL -AAB (Caroline Mary - Augmented Armored Bruiser), DM-AAAR (Daniel Mitchell - Augmented Armored Artillery), and HM-AAE (Hannah May - Augmented Armored Engineer), MD-AAS entered the portal.

Contact with the outside was futile. Once the squad had arrived, radio silence permeated the air. Manual communication was required, as the radios refused to work as a result of some sort of odd interference.

The first two weeks were boring, bland even. Samples were collected, attempts to return or hail home were made.. and nothing came of it.

One day they found the bodies of RD-03 and RD-02. The machines were picked apart, almost as if they were eaten. Assessment of the pilot’s logs indicated an attack creatures they referred to as “metalbacks”.. quite an unsettling name.

And the very next day, those exact creatures appeared. A whole swarm of beasts akin to a disgusting hybridization of crocodiles and porcupines, metal spines rippling from their malformed backs.

They were easy enough to kill, and the squad came sufficiently armed.. but one mistake was all it took to lose a squad member. Several creatures swarmed HT-AAD.. and he was killed on the spot, torn apart as the beasts ate through the metal as if nothing more than paper.

From then on, the mood was far more somber. The joking stopped, sleepless “nights” ensued, watching out for more metalbacks… and it was not long before they returned.. hundreds of them.

At the back of the group, MD-AAS was the last one to survive. He was left alone as he slew the last of the creatures, the mangled metal and corpses of his comrades lying sparking and bleeding around him.

He had to get out.. he ran and ran, days on end, sprinting faster at each sound, each inhuman noise, until he found a portal..

And all that said portal accomplished was cementing his fate, bringing him deeper into this foreign abyss, this hell.

Theme (Optional):

Accepted.

Name: ??? "Valve" ???

Species: ???

Appearance: A bulky and tall male in a old grey diving uniform covered in bandages wearing a face concealing helmet, a logo of a gas cloud on the upper front corner of his uniform and a strange pack strapped to him which is physically best described as a combo between a jetpack and a flamethrower's tank with a scratched out logo (presumed to be the same one on his uniform) on the back of it.

Nothing is known so far about Valve's appearance under the diving uniform.

Personality (Optional): Tends to act serious and firm, gets along with anybody who takes things seriously, has a hatred for bright lights.

Height (Optional): Around 5'10"-6'

Equipment: A machete, a spear and his gas powered jetpack.

Abilities: Able to create and manipulate gas to power his gas powered jetpack or just to stun his opponents, although it's weaker against strong winds.

Strengths: Doesn't really need to eat or drink often, can breathe through dangerous gas without issues, pretty skilled at gadget making.

Weaknesses: Poor skills with any gun or bow, really bright lights disorient him, may be hard to hear his voice at times.

Backstory (Optional): Valve was a guy who resided in a swamp where he worked on practicing his ability to form gas and smog, he managed to invent his gas powered jetpack as a means
of better transportation since traveling on foot was slow.

Text Color: 5e615c

Name: ??? "Valve" ???

Species: ???

Appearance: A bulky and tall male in a old grey diving uniform covered in bandages wearing a face concealing helmet, a logo of a gas cloud on the upper front corner of his uniform and a strange pack strapped to him which is physically best described as a combo between a jetpack and a flamethrower's tank with a scratched out logo (presumed to be the same one on his uniform) on the back of it.

Nothing is known so far about Valve's appearance under the diving uniform.

Personality (Optional): Tends to act serious and firm, gets along with anybody who takes things seriously, has a hatred for bright lights.

Height (Optional): Around 5'10"-6'

Equipment: A machete, a spear and his gas powered jetpack.

Abilities: Able to create and manipulate gas to power his gas powered jetpack or just to stun his opponents, although it's weaker against strong winds.

Strengths: Doesn't really need to eat or drink often, can breathe through dangerous gas without issues, pretty skilled at gadget making.

Weaknesses: Poor skills with any gun or bow, really bright lights disorient him, may be hard to hear his voice at times.

Backstory (Optional): Valve was a guy who resided in a swamp where he worked on practicing his ability to form gas and smog, he managed to invent his gas powered jetpack as a means
of better transportation since traveling on foot was slow.

Text Color: 5e615c
Accepted.

Appearance:

View attachment 467421

View attachment 467422

Personality (Optional):

Abilities:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Backstory (Optional):

“… Scout log, day 28.”

After all this, he was affections coined an “old dog” of the Perfection.. and sadly that meant he was to go through what all old pets must deal with, being put down.

Theme (Optional):

This guy will have very funny interactions with others here

Back
Top Bottom