OOC Abyssal Grotto (OOC)

Announcement; since we have reached 10 characters (thank you for the support, I will try my hardest to make this RP at least somewhat live up to expectations) I am planning to split the initial cast up into two groups. I'm mainly doing this because a group of 10 characters together would make it too easy for some users to be left behind.
I've assigned the teams myself vaguely based on powerscaling and mainly user activity.
Group A will be a little faster paced since most users in it are online relatively frequently and have more time.
Group B will move a little slower because most users in it don't seem to be online as often or for as long, and I'd rather nobody gets left behind simply because they don't have as much time to RP.
If anyone has any major objections, I'm completely fine with switching the teams around a bit.

Group A
Group B
You're managing this better than I ever did my stuff

Name: Essentia

Species: Phoenix

Appearance: A bird of prey with mostly grey feathers though her flight feathers (On both the wings and tail) are tipped with purple, while the feathers along her top side are fully purple. She also permanently emits fire, most noticeably on the edges of her wings. The fire burns in a gradient of grey to purple.

Height (Optional): About the size of a eurasian goshawk

Equipment: None

Abilities:
Soulflame: Essentia's fire doesn't burn physical material, however it does burn the thing holding a soul in whatever it is in. Being burned by the soulflames in fact feels cold along with causing a feeling of disconnect from the body or whatever it's in. It also makes the victim's body less responsive. She has the ability to create and manipulate this kind of fire.
Fire form: Essentia can change to a form entirely consisting of fire
Revival: Of course I couldn't ignore the ability the whole species is known for. In the case of death Essentia's body will burn, leaving behind ashes and an egg. The egg will hatch after about half an hour within sufficiently high temperature, which the ashes would provide. She could also use this to revive others who are dying, but they would be revived in the same body as Essentia, though they could be separated, still as a phoenix.

Strengths:
Fire/heat immunity

Weaknesses:
Quite hard for a bird to use things.
Fire form is exhausting to be in.
Has a bit of a tendency to ignore danger because "What's the worst that could happen? Death?"
Doesn't exactly have much of a way to deal with things that don't have souls.

Text Color: #7c6ea7

Name: Essentia

Species: Phoenix

Appearance: A bird of prey with mostly grey feathers though her flight feathers (On both the wings and tail) are tipped with purple, while the feathers along her top side are fully purple. She also permanently emits fire, most noticeably on the edges of her wings. The fire burns in a gradient of grey to purple.

Height (Optional): About the size of a eurasian goshawk

Equipment: None

Abilities:
Soulflame: Essentia's fire doesn't burn physical material, however it does burn the thing holding a soul in whatever it is in. Being burned by the soulflames in fact feels cold along with causing a feeling of disconnect from the body or whatever it's in. It also makes the victim's body less responsive. She has the ability to create and manipulate this kind of fire.
Fire form: Essentia can change to a form entirely consisting of fire
Revival: Of course I couldn't ignore the ability the whole species is known for. In the case of death Essentia's body will burn, leaving behind ashes and an egg. The egg will hatch after about half an hour within sufficiently high temperature, which the ashes would provide. She could also use this to revive others who are dying, but they would be revived in the same body as Essentia, though they could be separated, still as a phoenix.

Strengths:
Fire/heat immunity

Weaknesses:
Quite hard for a bird to use things.
Fire form is exhausting to be in.
Has a bit of a tendency to ignore danger because "What's the worst that could happen? Death?"
Doesn't exactly have much of a way to deal with things that don't have souls.

Text Color: #7c6ea7
Alright, accepted. You can drop them wherever you like.
Though I just want to clarify,
Soulflame: Essentia's fire doesn't burn physical material, however it does burn the thing holding a soul in whatever it is in.
so is this just essentially lifeforce damage (i.e. damage with no visible wounds)?

Feel like I should give a bit of extra info regarding the thing of how the merging bit of the revival ability.
So I have this thing where phoenixes, using their fire forms, can merge with each other, and separate from that by choice. However, the following cases will lead to it being a harder thing for them to separate: Dying while merged, or being merged through revival whether just one was a phoenix or both.

Side note: I don't have this system entirely figured out yet, like what would happen if the merged phoenixes have different kinds of fire, or the actual details of the harder separation process (although I am thinking of having it involve some kind of ritual).

(I feel obliged to join, but I'm not sure... If I can, I'll just use a nerfed version of Vexen...)
(I'll post a form when I'm ready, in this post.)

Name: Vexen

Age (Optional): nah

Species: Shark/Protogen

Appearance: 6'5" Purple and black Protogen. Extremely sharp claws on both hands and feet. Shark tail. Fluffy neck mane and fluffy ears, top left ear has a significant nick in it. Visor can be taken off, but Vexen doesn't do it often due to the extreme damage to her right eye. (That being it doesn't exist any more...)

Personality (Optional): Nah, you'll see

Height (Optional): 6'5"

Weight (Optional): 90 Kilograms

Equipment: High tech Protogen visor, thigh plates, and breast plate.

Abilities: Total manipulation of shadow and sound. Basically, if you're in a dark room, you're :red:ed at 0db.

Strengths: Very powerful in dark or loud places.

Weaknesses: Mentally Unstable. Actually, that might be a strength.

Extras (Optional): Canonically, she can hack into tech with her visor.

Backstory (Optional): Her father damaged her eye and her ear. Drunken fool.

Text Color: #9365B8 yeah, that one.

Theme (Optional): It's coming...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom