TCF Suggestion Advanced Color Picker

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
Colored text is fun.

But it takes some work to get a custom color. First you have to go to a color code creating website, and then you gotta edit the BB Code thing. I think it'd be nice to have a sort of color picker thing as an option. This way we could finally use a color between yellow and orange for thread design and such, without going through that other process.

If you always want to post a certain color, Augmented TCF can auto-color your posts for you.

If you're more picky about it, like I am, you could use a macro scripting program. I use AutoHotKey, for example. All the colors that I frequently use are a simple button combination shortcut.

As far as I know that would require tweaking XenForo itself, which is quite a hassle for such a small feature.
Yeah, I'm not too sure on how this would've worked. Maybe we could just have a few more shades of colors like this and this.
[doublepost=1484871050,1484871017][/doublepost]
If you always want to post a certain color, Augmented TCF can auto-color your posts for you.

If you're more picky about it, like I am, you could use a macro scripting program. I use AutoHotKey, for example. All the colors that I frequently use are a simple button combination shortcut.
That's not quite what I'm talking about, but thanks.

If you know the code, more colors than are listed in our menu bar still work on TCF. As such, I don't think there are any plans going forward to give more default choices. If you want to be fancy with your formatting, you still can using your own skill with BBC.

I'm kind of against colours in general, as there are certain colours that don't read well on certain themes. Adding more of those incompatible colours (simultaneously giving people more incentive to use them) is a bad idea in my opinion.

I'm kind of against colours in general, as there are certain colours that don't read well on certain themes. Adding more of those incompatible colours (simultaneously giving people more incentive to use them) is a bad idea in my opinion.
The Augmented TCF plug-in that Char mentioned before has options to ignore the color BBcodes, while allowing the people that want to use them to do so.

I just ignore coloured text. I find it very annoying as well; it's often harder to read for me. Like the yellow above here, undoubtly it's my eyes, but I find it annoyingly bright.
Good to know there's a plugin that solves that, but if some people feel the need to stand out more for some reason I'm more inclined to just ignore their posts.

Oh, Gotcha!, you rebel! :naughty:

@Gotcha! @Kazzymodus @Charmander27 I'm not sure that you guys understand the point of this thread.

I don't want to replace all my posts with color text. I'd just like to use color texts on some of the suggestion threads I make as decorations.
For example;
Fiery_Greatsword.png

Fiery Greatsword
36 Damage
Strong Knockback
4% Crit Chance
Slow Usetime
Using special colors can help to differentiate stats or just add aesthetics like special item names.
Obviously this isn't really a big issue, I just feel like it'd be an easy-to implement feature that could be kinda fun.

I just wish we could use colors like this and this and this in a slightly easier way. I suppose it doesn't really matter though. It only takes a few seconds. :/

@Gotcha! @Kazzymodus @Charmander27 I'm not sure that you guys understand the point of this thread.

I don't want to replace all my posts with color text. I'd just like to use color texts on some of the suggestion threads I make as decorations.
For example;
Fiery_Greatsword.png

Fiery Greatsword
36 Damage
Strong Knockback
4% Crit Chance
Slow Usetime
Using special colors can help to differentiate stats or just add aesthetics like special item names.
Obviously this isn't really a big issue, I just feel like it'd be an easy-to implement feature that could be kinda fun.

I just wish we could use colors like this and this and this in a slightly easier way. I suppose it doesn't really matter though. It only takes a few seconds. :/
I understood the point perfectly fine. I'm against using colour at all, and adding colour functionality, in my eyes, will encourage even more people to (mis)use colour.

Back
Top Bottom