Single Thread RP Aleph

"All right, we are near the outpost. The actual base is on a separate island, separated by a river and the sea, but unless you want to get shot down out at sea, it's better to go this way. First, we need to take out the Sonak patrols that go around the main outpost, which the outpost is inside of the plateau they patrol. The Sea Reapers like using those too much, and I really don't think ignoring them will help. Right now, we are hidden from them. We can wait for an ambush, or go looking for them and if we are lucky, we can shoot them down from behind."

Halt looked at the Glynin a bit suspiciously. It needs a break of sorts, not to fight now, since when they allowed injured people and appertnices to these tasks? Not to say anything, he was hoping she won't do anything stupid. - "Hunting them may easily turn into hunter being hunted situation, so I don't think we should do that. Ambush seems sensible, though. Not sure if the injured one would seem harmless or not, or the tiny thing." - He points with his white-furred hands at Glynin and Agnes, respectively.

"Right, if only we had mines."
"Well, be ready, the Sonak have their thick hides and powerful bellowing screams that can hurt, both to hear and to feel, reason why they are called Sonak. Those beasts of burden also may have heavy weapons on them, so destroy them as fast as possible before they have the chance of using it on you."

"I might be wounded, but I can still fight, but it'll definitely bring us some attention."

"Hmm. Well, fighting the Sonak patrols definitely would bring attention either way, since they are loud. But either way..."
"Wait, there they are!"

A Sonak Patrol is seen... well patrolling as it comes into view. It is composed of a giant creature, which looks similar to a mammoth or an elephant, with small artillery and gun turrets on their back. There are also Reaper Guards surrounding the creature, two for every 'corner' of the Sonak, if you were to see the Sonak as a square or rectangle, each Reaper Guard with a cyclops like look, and are carrying guns that has a shell like shield on them, making it quite hard to tell what type of gun they are wielding, with the exception of the muzzle. Three other Reaper guards are here, but they are on the Sonak itself, one riding and controlling it, with a weapon that is clearly some sort of sniper rifle, with two others operating the small artillery and gun turrets, while wield the shell shield guns that the other Reaper Guards have.

"Right. There is a Sonak patrol. Take out the Sonak and their heavy weapons first so they can't use them on us. Then go crazy on the Reaper Guards. There are probably more Sonak patrols, so be careful. Attack when ready."

(Grenades are used by the first four Reaper Guards in the front. The artillery has some shells that are explosive. Ammo is an of course, since they are wielding guns, and is in the gun turrets. I have not put out the magic wielding Reapers yet, so about every Reaper Guard so far will have ammo and firearm weapons.)

"Right. Let's take em."
*Begins to move to a different position, to not draw attention to the main group when he attacks.*

"Probably better we start the fight."
Glynin moves a bit closer to the patrol and fires an extremely dark colored flame at the sonak.
(I recommend just checking the link for a proper sense of how it works, but basically it's cursed fire projectile that splits toward up to 5 enemies on impact.)

The Sonak is surprised at feeling a sudden burn, since it's still a creature. The burn intensifies since cursed fire surface, causing the Sonak to fall down in pain and surprise, knocking down the rider and one of the two guards on the Sonak to the ground. The other guard begins to try to operate the artillery. One of the gun turrets on the Sonak shoulders are destroyed from falling down.

Two of the front Reaper Guards begin firing in the direction of where they thought the projectile came from, clearly revealing that the front guard's weapons are semi-automatic rifles, while the other two of the front Reaper guards currently are trying to get the fire out. The Reaper Guards who are in the back go to the front of the Sonak, two of which get blasted by electricity by Vincent, to which the other two Reaper Guards who just got to the front begin to fire at Vincent.

They fail to put it out, you'd need divine intervention, or just wait for it to go out, but other than those, it's just not gonna be doable.
One of the shots fired at Glynin hits, but it doesn't do much.
Sabotage time. Boom, boom, boom

Grenades take out the front Reaper Guards, and as well as the artillery taking out the guy trying to use it. I'm just going to have the Reaper Guards who are putting out the fire die because they themselves get caught on fire logic. The Sonak is almost dead, but lets off a sonic blast from its bellowing before dying completely. The rider of the Sonak is hurt by the artillery explosion, but is still alive, and gripping their sniper rifle, looking to shoot at any movement that wasn't near the Sonak, and one of the Reaper Guards who were firing at Vincent gets electrocuted by Vincent, though the other one survived.

Right on the eye, because why not. It kills the rider. The last Reaper Guard is killed by Vincent's electric attack.
"Right... So that's done. Where's-"
"Here. Now, there were two other Sonak patrols, but I found out that some of the ground here isn't completely solid, especially near the plateau. They decided to take a nap after collapsing sections of the plateau with the Sonak's screams. Anyways, the Reapers have set up three barracks in the outpost on the plateau. Take them out. My burying of the Sonak patrols gives us a path to go up on."
*Looks at the dead Sonak patrol, and grabs the sniper rifle from the rider, and hands it to Halt.*
"Here, take this sniper gun. Now let's go out and shoot them right in the eyes."

Halt looks at it in confusion. - "One problem. This isn't what I work with. I don't even know how does it work. Is it fine if I do it the magical way, even if it means a lot of wind? I am the Magi. And the Guster." - He just didn't suspect the other trade off would be Spirit flames for his wind, and his weapon swapped into the exceptional agility. Plus, how would you expect him to use modern weapons?

"You said you wanted loot, so I decided to give you one being a weapon the Sea Reapers use. Regardless, it's not up to me for how you should fight. So do whatever you feel is best for your way of combat."

- "I guess..." - Halt, still clueless what that rifle does, sighing decided to stealthily take on the first barrack, hoping to use his winds to good use. And avoiding any patrol. And trying to find a dagger, he was also proficient with these.

"Well, let's take them out. Come on."

There are three barracks, each appearing to be similar appearance to large, red, metal tents. There are also other structures like towers. The Reaper Guards have not taken notice of our presence, and are merely occupying this place as a deterrent against any attacks, though the outpost seems to be a bit empty, since Sonak Patrols gone, and investigating what has happened.

"Destroy the Barracks first. That will take out any Reaper Guards inside them, meaning we won't have to worry about other guards coming in battle after taking them out. Once done, wipe out the rest of the outpost, we'll then deal with the drawbridge that connects this outpost to the main base."

Back
Top Bottom