tModLoader Another RPG Mod

Hello, I started discovering a bug i think where the mod's rarities and level are not on the weapons anymore. I checked if the option was set to true and it was, by any chance do you know anything about this problem? Im also using some other mods as well, if need a list i can try to make one.

(Edit. Found the problem! Turns out that if you use a item stacking mod like "Max Stack Plus Extra", it changes the way your weapons and armor work since it needs to play with it's files to make every item stack-able. every rarity will come back once you disable similar mods like that.)

Last edited:
can you add a way to move the added UI and also remove the vanilla UI health and mana etc. and maybe change the UI sizes as I just find having 2 health and mana annoying

can you add a way to move the added UI and also remove the vanilla UI health and mana etc. and maybe change the UI sizes as I just find having 2 health and mana annoying
UI can be move up and down in the config file
experimental version allready remove the vanilla health ui

Hi Plexus! When I start a new game the i have double UI. The border of the UI is at the bottom, the inside of the UI border(red, blue bar) right above it. If I try to change position of the UI, the game crashes.

Can you send the log file ?
BzpRQeP.png

Hello! I used this mod for a server but had to stop using it due to a crash that I presume was from your mod. If not, I apologize but there is an error with the mod regardless. As you can see in the bottom of the server log, there is a constant error popping up regarding ARPGM. This crash would only happen in multiplayer and worked fine in SP. I really enjoyed the mod while using it, just needs polishing. Overall, the concept is awesome and I hope this mod continues to update.

Attachments

• server.log
    1.5 MB · Views: 146
Hello! I used this mod for a server but had to stop using it due to a crash that I presume was from your mod. If not, I apologize but there is an error with the mod regardless. As you can see in the bottom of the server log, there is a constant error popping up regarding ARPGM. This crash would only happen in multiplayer and worked fine in SP. I really enjoyed the mod while using it, just needs polishing. Overall, the concept is awesome and I hope this mod continues to update.
Thank for the report, Issue seam to be linked with item that my mod avoid to modify, I'll look deeper into it ^^'

Edit :
Problem fixed, prepare for a update (which also fix the Evolution reset points bug)

Edit 2 :
Update live

Last edited:
Hello, I discovered a crash after the last update, which happens when you save on leaving the world, by the way excellent mod i hope you keep up the good work (Sorry bad english):

[22:05:42] [23 / WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not defined for an instance of an object.
at AnotherRpgMod.Items.ItemUpdate.Save (Item item) on AnotherRpgMod \ RPGModule \ Items \ ItemUpdate.cs: line 939
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.ItemIO.SaveGlobals (Item Item)
in Terraria.ModLoader.IO.ItemIO.Save (Item Item)
in Terraria.ModLoader.IO.PlayerIO.SaveInventory (Item [] inv)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WorldIO.SaveChests ()
in Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WorldIO.Save (String path, Boolean isCloudSave)
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.saveWorld (Boolean useCloudSaving, Boolean resetTime)
in Terraria.WorldGen.SaveAndQuitCallBack (Object threadContext)
in System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context (Object state)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
in System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem ()
in System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch ()
in System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback ()

[22:05:42] [23 / ERROR] [tML]: Unhandled Exception
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not defined for an instance of an object.
at AnotherRpgMod.Items.ItemUpdate.Save (Item item) on AnotherRpgMod \ RPGModule \ Items \ ItemUpdate.cs: line 939
in System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context (Object state)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
in System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem ()
[22:05:42] [23 / INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 0: 000: 00000 - 000001.88 UNHANDLED crash? True
Sender: Name: Terraria.exe
There are no context policies.

Message: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not defined for an instance of an object.

Attachments

• client.log
    43.8 KB · Views: 137
Hello, I discovered a crash after the last update, which happens when you save on leaving the world, by the way excellent mod i hope you keep up the good work (Sorry bad english):

[22:05:42] [23 / WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:

[22:05:42] [23 / ERROR] [tML]: Unhandled Exception
[22:05:42] [23 / INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 0: 000: 00000 - 000001.88 UNHANDLED crash? True
Sender: Name: Terraria.exe
There are no context policies.

Message: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not defined for an instance of an object.

Thank for the log, Fix is now live, just wait for the browser to update; sorry for the issue !

Wiki says you can change rarity via reforge. It only changes vanilla modifier. Is it supposed to be so, or is there a way to change rarity modifiers?

Oh, I forgot to update the wiki
Actualy I've added a couple of command to make these action separate :
/ItemTree - Reset the tree (and re-generate it so it'll be diferent) the Held item for 3 time the reforge price (100% of item value)
/rarity - ReShuffle the Item rarity and bonus, same price as the reforge

I've also added 4 new command on the last update :
/iname #SLOT - Display on the chat the name of the item in the Written slot (slot start at 0)
/xpt #SLOT - Transfer xp from the slot TO THE held item, 75% loss of xp
/undoxpt- sort of safegard in case you did a wront xpt, may have some issue, but It allow to cancel the last xpt
/SetLevel #VALUE - Set your Player level to the Value, even if the value is lower than you level, it's also reset your skill tree, so if you just want to level up, use "/level" instead

Last edited:
Is there anyway to revert back to the old system of weapon leveling, when they ascended at 11, 21, ect? Or are you removing this completely in favor for the item tree? As it is, the item tree feels rather unbalanced, with raw damage being either uneffective for high power weapons or overpowered with low damage weapons. Weapons ascending at level 200 seems a bit high, but It might be because I was testing without the item tree on at the time, though it'd certainly take forever even with exp increases. Speaking of which, a 1% increase in damage/speed with item tree off is very low, especially considering that it looks as if experience requirements have been increased. Regardless, this mod still remains quite cool, so best of luck.

Edit: tested the item tree a bit, noticed that the bonus exp would occasion change the amount of increase.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom