tModLoader Antiaris

Do you like our project in it's current state?

• Yes

Votes: 490 91.9%
  • No (Please, make sure to tell us why don't you like it)

Votes: 43 8.1%

• Total voters
Wow.

Okay... What the hell just happened? zadum4ivii, you have some SERIOUS explaining to do.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/470088824954028043/492985838922235921/unknown.png

This is a terrible screenshot, because it was taken in the middle of a panic, but... Antlion Queen is bugged to hell.

We went to the desert and used the Antlion Doll, hoping to fight a cool new boss. A sandstorm started up and I could see its minimap icon - and then... Just... Giant pixels. She was RIDICULOUSLY oversized - unable to even fit on the screen. Immediately I thought "UM... Okay... Switch to fullscreen minimap mode and I can use the boss icon as a target for where to shoot?!" Because... With how absurdly gargantuan the boss was, there's no way in hell I'd be able to hit it otherwise. So... I start to try and fight the boss as my screen is all messed up. Good, right...? It's just a visual, bug, right...?

Wrong.

In the midst of the confusing fight, the boss just... Stuck to me. It was literally going everywhere I was, and it was impossible to get it off. I was constantly taking contact damage. There was no way I'd be able to survive unless the boss died first. Eventually I managed to run away and distance myself to the nearby desert, but my partner died, and I started getting hit by a whole bunch of invisible things. I died, too.

Is this where the torment ends?

Nope.

My partner respawned first, so they went to the desert to continue the fight... Since the boss didn't despawn. Suddenly, a MASSIVE RAIN OF SAND appeared out of nowhere - Sand Blocks were absolutely covering the land, the trees, everywhere. Everything was just completely bogged down in sand, and we had to mine through at least 300 blocks of it before our house (and the desert arena) were clear again. Why did this happen? It only proved to add a bigger annoyance to the horridly bugged fight. I am definitely not going to summon the boss again after that little escapade, and I'm also pretty terrified of summoning the Tower Keeper out of fear it'll bug out just the same.

As usual, I'll give some specs: Latest versions of Terraria and tmodloaderserver. Thorium, Antiaris, Boss Checklist, Recipe Browser, Magic Storage.
Hello, I'm sorry that you're experiencing issues with this boss.
  1. For next update we will fix the Queen being stuck in players, also Sand projectiles would no longer spawn blocks.
  2. I'm not sure what happened to her size, you're the first who's experiencing this problem. I'll check it myself with using the mods you've listed.
  3. I don't think Tower Keeper has any issues, at least nobody reported them. If you'll get any, please, report them.

...Alright, that's fair. The experience just completely shocked me and my partner, that's all. x3

If you're fixing things in the next patch, may I suggest reducing the amount of time the Enchanted Armor's daggers appear on screen? Sometimes they fly halfway across the map and break pots (or even a Queen Bee pod) where enemies aren't even able to be loaded yet. I think their distance should be reduced.

Edit: Here's another suggestion... Maybe you could make the Living Loom craftable, using items such as Nature Element and Leaf? Some worlds simply don't spawn with Living Looms or Living Leaf Wands.

Last edited:
Hello, i was doing a modded playthrough with your mod and a lot of others and the guides house didn't spawn which i thought was no big deal but it kept saying (name) the guide has arrived and he didn't spawn because of the sleeping guide. I tried to spawn him in with cheat sheet he wouldn't spawn. Killed all of my friendly npc he still wouldn't spawn and also spawned in his unconscious form and when i tried to talk to him he would disappear. The main problem with this is I'm not getting any more town npc to spawn which is annoying. Is there any fix to this? Thanks!

Hello, i was doing a modded playthrough with your mod and a lot of others and the guides house didn't spawn which i thought was no big deal but it kept saying (name) the guide has arrived and he didn't spawn because of the sleeping guide. I tried to spawn him in with cheat sheet he wouldn't spawn. Killed all of my friendly npc he still wouldn't spawn and also spawned in his unconscious form and when i tried to talk to him he would disappear. The main problem with this is I'm not getting any more town npc to spawn which is annoying. Is there any fix to this? Thanks!

Are you sure you download Microsoft .NET Framework 64?
^ This one you need to spawn Guide's House and requires a new world to work

Antiarispls.png

I have no words.

Mods: Thorium, Antiaris, Boss Checklist, Magic Storage, Recipe Browser

World: Large, Corruption

Despite my previous... experiences... with this mod, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the Tower Keeper fight. It was quite nice all around, and that attack near the end was very difficult to dodge.

I think... The only thing I don't like about it is that you need Shadow Charged Crystals and Mirror Shards to create the summon for it. And yet... Those only drop from him. I'm certain there's a situation where you'll be locked out of summoning him forever, and I think it'd be a good idea to make that preventable.

When possible, please fix the buffs from the Tree of Life, Dazzling Mirror, and Blazing Brazier and apply them properly. They flicker when the player dies, and they also flicker with Better Buffs mod (which is easily fixed with the right code). If the way it works currently is intentional, with the buffs lasting another 0.5s after you leave the aoe, then ignore the second half of this.

Despite my previous... experiences... with this mod, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the Tower Keeper fight. It was quite nice all around, and that attack near the end was very difficult to dodge.

I think... The only thing I don't like about it is that you need Shadow Charged Crystals and Mirror Shards to create the summon for it. And yet... Those only drop from him. I'm certain there's a situation where you'll be locked out of summoning him forever, and I think it'd be a good idea to make that preventable.
Tower Keeper drops enough items to craft a several summoning items & I don't think that if one defeats the boss once, he won't be able to do this again (To get more items to summon him).

Back
Top Bottom