Casual Are we alone? Maybe. Maybe not.

Are we alone?

• Total voters

TheScienceNerd

Terrarian
"We are either alone, or not alone. Both are equally terrifying."
-Some guy who's name I forgot.

Aliens. Short. 2 arms and legs. Big head. Grey skin. Large black eyes. This nerd doesn't imagine them like that.
But, to the point, it's a common stereotypes that it's comfirmed that we are alone. Most scientists think quite the opposite,
really. I think there is life out there. I don't believe in the abductions, and I think they don't look like you or me.So,
this thread is for discussing the possibility of alien life and ideas on how they may look like, behave and survive.

Even though I am religious, any one who says we are alone, or we are the only planet with life is ignorant. I believe they exist somewhere. I mean, theres countless stars and galaxy.

I'm pretty sure there is other life in the universe. Whether this life is a group of microbes on a far off planet or an extremely advanced race of who knows what, I'm not sure. The latter is definitely frightening.

Who knows? There could be an alien race coming to our planet just to be rekt by your sharknado minions and almost hand you over Martian Condult Plating.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for justification on why a lot think aliens are some form of humanoid. I mean, grow up already, humans aren't perfect. The biggest lead I got is people just believing media, which is never good.

I am also still waiting for proof that there is no life apart from here by the people who say so, because they must have access to FTL travel and I don't.

I'm still waiting for justification on why a lot think aliens are some form of humanoid. I mean, grow up already, humans aren't perfect. The biggest lead I got is people just believing media, which is never good.

I am also still waiting for proof that there is no life apart from here by the people who say so, because they must have access to FTL travel and I don't.
I think the main people think aliens are humanoid is because ever since the first abduction stories came around the aliens people supposedly saw were humanoid. While they had some varying features the best way to describe them was humanoid. But if it comforts you to know that not everyone believes aliens are humanoid, there is a story of fishermen who encountered supposed extra-terrestrials. They called them "Elephant Men".

I have my own further thoughts of why as well, but it'd probably spark up the type of conversation I'd want to avoid.

Even if some of these stories do come out as ridiculous, I will still admire originality.

I have my own further thoughts of why as well, but it'd probably spark up the type of conversation I'd want to avoid.

Even if some of these stories do come out as ridiculous, I will still admire originality.
Might I take a guess? Judging by your previous comment it may or may not be your belief that people see aliens as humanoid because as humans we view ourselves as perfect. Maybe because that's just how we are or for religious reasons such as:
"God made us in his image! Therefore we are perfect!"
Either way I agree that humans are not perfect, if you ask me I think plants are the perfect organism but hey that's just insane and off topic.

Extra Terrestrial life are Humanoid Plants, which are vastly superior to us in every way.
I discussed the idea of humanoid plants with my biology teacher once in middle school. He asked:
"That'd mean we'd have chloroplast correct?"
"Yep." I told him.
"That's inconvenient than, every time we'd go to the beach we'd all leave really fat."

Well there's some math equation that is something like x amount of universe with x amount of planets and x amount of stars to make solar systems equals amount of able solar systems with the ability to sustain life. Or something. With an infinite universe there's infinite possibility really. I'm a believer whether it's microbes or something... More. I know, I'm an idiot.

If you guys, could, it'd be cool if some of you could draw an idea of how "they" might look like. I'll dig up
some old drawings to show here. Fun fact: I'm a exobiology nerd.

Its possible for us to be alone, but scientists have done the math- it's like a 1/10000000000 chance for there NOT to be life on other planets. However, whether or not that life is INTELLIGENT (more than just a squirrel or lion) is debatable.

I feel like there are a few thousand planets with intelligent species. And maybe a few
trillion or quadrillion (Dats a word for sure) planets with life in general. And a few...Trimibiquadritriliaoogl
Planets in general. YAH DATS FOR SURE A WORD!

I believe there should be life out there - even life we wouldn't consider life at first due to our little carbon-based brains being unable to grasp how little our limited knowledge of the universe tells us about how life could be formed.

Maybe there's some methane-based life forms floating around Jupiter.

I've always quoted something attributed to several ancient Chinese scientists/philosophers, "to expect life to only flourish in our world, out of an infinity of worlds in our universe, would be like planting a field of rice and expecting only one plant to grow."

And here comes the question...
722923.jpg

Creeped me out of my pants, now I have to change clothes quickly.
I think there is no way one planet in the endless universe is the only one to have a civilization.

Back
Top Bottom