PC Artificial Fishing Biome Help

Linktt

Terrarian
I am working on constucting artificial biome fishing ponds by my house to allow for an easier collection of fishing materials. I've realized a possible issue however in constructing my artificial biomes in close proximity, to try and save some work I want to figure out ahead of time how i have to position them so one biome doesn't interfere with me trying to fish in another. Below is my current progress, the large tank is a corruption fishing tank, it is far enough away from my fishing platform in the top fishing tank so that is isn't considered a corruption biome as well. My plan was oringinally to construct a crimson biome on the other side of my rope ladder at the same level of my corruption tank. My question is do i need to construct my next biome fishing tank as far away as my top one is or can i just build them right next to each and rely on them to "overwrite" the other.
gtuCWtz.png

It will depend on the biomes you are placing. The Wiki has a good explanation of priority, which you may have already seen:
http://terraria.wiki.gg/Fishing#Fishing_Quests
(Skip to the Mechanics section)

The Corruption and Crimson have priority over every other biome. From my personal experience, Corruption also has priority over Crimson though the Wiki says they are equal. So if you make your Crimson tank the same size and level as the Corruption tank, you'll probably have to put your fishing spot on the far left of the tank.
You haven't said what the top tank is supposed to be, so I'm going to assume it's a Forest tank. In this case, you won't be able to place anything on the left because anything else will take priority over the Forest. You might be able to mix Snow + Jungle or something... but I'm not sure how successful you'll be.
The water colour is a fairly good indicator of which biome you are fishing in.

It also looks like the fishing tanks are at the surface, so this won't be sufficient for fish found in other layers. I personally build fishing spots on the surface of each biome and off hellevators. It's not quite as convenient, but travel doesn't take too long in a small or medium world with a good pair of wings. It provides more surety as to which biome the fishing involves.

Also note that you can mix and catch Crimson fish in a Corruption world and vice versa. But you will not get Crimson quest fish in a Corruption world and vice versa. So in a Corruption world, you can make an artificial Crimson biome to catch Hemopiranhas, but you will not receive a quest to catch an Ichorfish.

Maybe you could have a changing biome next to your pond. You would need and empty space above it filled with dirt and encased in wood. Then you could shoot the clentaminator into the dirt to change it to your liking.

Back
Top Bottom