Ask a Derpling anything.

Time for another late round of answers!
What does your species think of Granite Golems? I've been studying them for a while, they definitely seem interesting... I've also found out that they communicate by changing the properties of air particles. What has your species discovered?
They are essentially a part of an incredibly complex neurosystem of microscopic crystals which makes up large deposites of “granite” in caves that monitor the mineral and geological structure of the underground. They usually protect these deposits from terrarians due to how susceptible they are to explosives and excavation tools. They gather data for a different being than us: the Catalyst, which is one of the two primordial beings that are almost omnipresent in the literal sense.
What’s your favorite mythical creature?
(I’m going to assume you’re asking my irl self this, because almost nothing is mythical in the world the Keeper resides in. Plus, I never get to break character in this thread so it’ll be a nice change.)
It’s a tie between the Dragon and the Gryphon for me. Dragons have so much variety to choose from that’s pretty much all good, and Gryphons are a fusion of two of my favorite creatures to begin with.
@Derpling SnΩ do you know anything about how Dreadnautilus (me) was created? What do you think of Dreadnautilus?
The Dreadnautilus is a malevolent hallucination which is still sentient. It is one that dreams within all waters most of the time, but sometimes awakens and beckons the Moonfury, or Lunar Eclipse. It can be described as a lasting projection created by the Moon Lord before the Illuminators modified him, when he still was named the Dark Lord. While this sounds very grandiose, the Dreadnautilus isn’t actually that powerful in the long run and really just ends up being a maker of mischief more than anything else.

Last edited:
Time for another late round of answers!

They are essentially a part of an incredibly complex neurosystem of microscopic crystals which makes up large deposites of “granite” in caves that monitor the mineral and geological structure of the underground. They usually protect these deposits from terrarians due to how susceptible they are to explosives and excavation tools. They gather data for a different being than us: the Catalyst, which is one of the two primordial beings that are almost omnipresent in the literal sense.

(I’m going to assume you’re asking my irl self this, because almost nothing is mythical in the world the Keeper resides in. Plus, I never get to break character in this thread so it’ll be a nice change.)
It’s a tie between the Dragon and the Gryphon for me. Dragons have so much variety to choose from that’s pretty much all good, and Gryphons are a fusion of two of my favorite creatures to begin with.

The Dreadnautilus is a malevolent hallucination which is still sentient. It is one that dreams within all waters most of the time, but sometimes awakens and beckons the Moonfury, or Lunar Eclipse. It can be described as a lasting projection created by the Moon Lord before the Illuminators modified him, when he still was named the Dark Lord. While this sounds very grandiose, the Dreadnautilus isn’t actually that powerful in the long run and really just ends up being a maker of mischief more than anything else.
what is your favorite book/least favorite book?
what about favorite/ least favorite movie?

what is your favorite book/least favorite book?
(Again, I assume you're asking my irl self these two questions)
I recently fell in love with the Temeraire series. Basically it's about Europe during the Napoleonic Wars except Dragons existed.
what about favorite/ least favorite movie?
I don't really watch movies. Does favorite video game count? If it does, than my favorites are:
  • Oneshot for the absolutely incredible storyline I haven't seen matched, plus it made me, who's legally an adult, cry twice.
  • Terraria for the immense flexibility it has and variability of content.
  • Celeste for the incredibly fun platforming and awesome storyline, as well as having a modding scene so good it almost puts Terraria's to shame.
  • Monolith for being such a polished and balanced roguelike that it puts other roguelikes to shame while still being very difficult and having so much content that I haven't even halfway finished the game after nearly two hundred hours.
What do you know about Ocram?
Ocram is a member of a group of terrarian creatures known as the Unbalanced Species. The Unbalanced Species were an unstable group of creatures that existed in some parts of the Terrarian dimension but were entirely absent from others. They were viewed as a pest by the Higher Beings, who eventually tried to use their powers to shift the dimensions to try and utterly eradicate them from existence. We noticed what the next shift would do, and we ended up assisting the Unbalanced Species by creating a dimension the Higher Beings could not reach and transporting them there. It only barely worked in time, so the new dimension was slightly damaged in the process, though nothing harmful came as a result of this.

what would you do if I came with a clentaminator loaded with purple solution to the jungle and started spraying things?
We would immediately send our defenses after you. If that doesn't work we would have our Caretakers plant seeds of chlorophyte throughout the jungle as those can actually consume the infection.

Back
Top Bottom