IC Asterra: World of Magic

(I also hate choosing text colors on mobile, since sometimes (most of the time) the "Ok" button is on top of the post button)

Before he could do that, he'd hit an invisible barrier about 2 kilometers away from the walls
(If a text color doesn't get applied when I just hit the enter button and I doubt I can hit ok without posting I just give up and indicate who's talking manually)
(Also I might just vibe unless someone decides to interact with my characters)

It's some kind of invisible barrier, used to keep uninvited guests out of the city. Perhaps you could ask the pretty lady walking towards you for help.

I'm assuming Aquarius is outside Lumina's city walls, so he would be able to see large walls out in the distance, similar to those in Attack on Titan, but on a smaller scale.

"Good job. Now, what about your combat abilities?"
"Ah, yes."
Blue makes a ball of water next to him. "I can make attacks straight away. But making balls like these are a useful intermediary." Blue throws it on the ground, wetting it before freezing the water patch. "It's easier to move it around and shape it after you create it in a basic shape, for me."
Blue then looks at the icy ground, and gestures his hand upwards. Ice spikes shoot up from the frozen ground.

"Who are you and where are you from, outsider?"
"Ah, yes."
Blue makes a ball of water next to him. "I can make attacks straight away. But making balls like these are a useful intermediary." Blue throws it on the ground, wetting it before freezing the water patch. "It's easier to move it around and shape it after you create it in a basic shape, for me."
Blue then looks at the icy ground, and gestures his hand upwards. Ice spikes shoot up from the frozen ground.
"Well, in battles, even a split second counts, so I'd suggest you try and reduce your reliance on these steps. What about non-sorcery combat?"

"Who are you and where are you from, outsider?"

"Well, in battles, even a split second counts, so I'd suggest you try and reduce your reliance on these steps. What about non-sorcery combat?"
"Alright."
Blue holds his scythe with both hands, and then performs a few practice strikes and blocks, a bit slowly, but with good technique. A stab here, a few normal slices here and there, a horizontal block with the handle, and a downwards slice to finish.

The lady sighs and does a facepalm
"Tell me your name. If you're lost and in need of help, I can temporarily bring you in."
"Alright."
Blue holds his scythe with both hands, and then performs a few practice strikes and blocks, a bit slowly, but with good technique. A stab here, a few normal slices here and there, a horizontal block with the handle, and a downwards slice to finish.
"Have you tried infusing your attacks with an element? It's often the easiest way to use sorcery without overexerting yourself."

(I'm gonna head out until I get home (should be soonish), phone is below 30%. I might have my characters train as well in a bit)

"Have you tried infusing your attacks with an element? It's often the easiest way to use sorcery without overexerting yourself."
"...huh. I've never really thought of that. Guess I haven't had to use it often enough."
Blue raises his right hand up to his scythe's blade, and then makes a blade of water around the dulled blade. "Then again. Azure Ripper used to have very deadly magic, so I kind of thought it wasn't necessary."

"Well, you shouldn't really rely on your weapon's abilities too much. Sometimes it might even be disabled or backfire on you."

The lady sighs and does a facepalm
"Tell me your name. If you're lost and in need of help, I can temporarily bring you in."

"Aquarius Nova. I'm kind of lost everywhere, but I'm not in need of help."

"Well, you shouldn't really rely on your weapon's abilities too much. Sometimes it might even be disabled or backfire on you."
"Yeah. Spent long, arduous hours training with a normal military scythe just to make sure I didn't cut myself with it by accident."
"Azure's magic is gone, however. It's been gone ever since I got here."

Blue does a few more strikes, doing his best to keep the water blade attached all the way. After that's done, he then stabs out his scythe and sends the water blade shooting off into the distance... to land on the ground as a puddle.

Back
Top Bottom