Drawings & Paintings Aurora's Terraria OCs and Drawings

Aurora3500

🌳
Staff member
I haven't done Drawing for a long time since I've been in High School, so my skill in drawing may not be very good because of this. However seeing the many great Artists here at TCF and what they've been able to do with creating their own characters for Terraria has inspired me to try doing the same with drawing characters and creatures again. So I summon the courage to create this thread and try to get the characters from my head into a visible form.

My characters here are heavily inspired from Anime in general as well with names and features about them. Now I present my OCs. Akatsuki is my "main" OC I use to represent myself, but I still have drawings of The Light Bringer, which is a OC I created that's intended to be Akatsuki's Opposite.

Akatsuki:
Akatsuki Original.png Akatsuki and Kurosakura no Kami v3.png Akatsuki Human v2.png Akatsuki vs Hellbats.pngAka KuroSakura and Oranges v1.pngAkatsuki Waterfall New Kimono.png Akatsukis Lunar Invasion.pngMetaAkatsukiV2.png
Title: The Black Aurora Shrine Maiden
Name: Akatsuki
Species: Hanyou (Half-Demon)

Information: Akatsuki is actually not a human, but is in her "Human Form" here as it's easier to move around in and talk to other humans with. Her abilities include manipulation over Water, Ice, Crystals, Auroras, and being able to sense the unique Auras of any living being. She wears a Dark Kimono as it allows her to more easily move and conceal weapons and blend into Dark Places easier. She commonly resides in Terraria Worlds and loves making and spreading the Corruption . Her ability in combat is formidable and can fight in an elegant manner with or without her sword. Her sword is a Katana that contains Ice Energy that can be used for a variety of attacks.

Tsurara:
TsuraraOriginv2.png
Title: Angel of Absolute Borealis
Name: Tsurara
Species: Yuki-Onna

Information: Tsurara is a Yuki Onna who was born in the Ice Biome on a Terraria World one day. She was just an ordinary Ice Elemental when she was 1st Born, but one day when Akatsuki came Exploring on that Terraria World, she recognized Tsurara's Potential and a desire to defy the circumstances she received, and to gain power to form one's own path, so Akatsuki shared a portion of her power with Tsurara which allowed Tsurara to transform into a Yuki Onna.

She has since served as an apprentice to Akatsuki on her journeys and has inherited a lot of powerful techniques and items that Akatsuki has earned over the years. She has gotten very strong under Akatsuki, but is still inexperienced, and so she has decided to embark on a personal journey of her own to gain more experience, really understanding how Terraria Worlds work, and building a Legacy for herself independent of her Master.

The Light Bringer:
The Light Bringer V4.png
Name: The Light Bringer
Species: Human?

Information: Real name unknown, this mysterious Armored Warrior calls himself The Light Bringer. He appears to be very strong since he can easily pick up a Double Bladed Axe and Twirl it around as if it were a stick which is his weapon that he uses with deadly efficiency even though it looks like it would be an impractical weapon during battle. He is apparently part of an organization that has declared him their leader as he leads an army on what seems to be a "Crusade of Light". All we really do know is that he is an enemy of Akatsuki due to their philosophies being completely opposite and that he is a tough character to mess with.

Avatars that I've created for myself:
My Akatsuki Avatar.png

Drawings I've made for other people:
Leinfors Character v2.pngKing40606 Character v3.pngTsuki Character.png MinieK Character V1.pngXylia Character.pngPepsi v2.png Safeman.png TsukiandEryV1.pngCarulaV3.png GhostarV2.png

In Order: Leinfors, King40406, Tsuki, MinieK, Xylia, Pepsi, Safeman, Ery & Tsuki, Szaila, Ghostar

Q&A

Q: Do you take requests?
A: Not now. Currently I only make drawings for people that I want to, that I have an overall positive relationship with, and I know them well enough. When requests were open, there was very little interest in them which is why I closed them. The conditions will say Open/Public should I decide to reopen them again for everyone.

Q: How long have you been drawing?
A: I only drew a little bit occasionally when I was younger. I liked drawing shapes, mutant monster creatures, and magic circles. I took an Art class long ago in high school which I believe improved my art skills a little from being "childish" to decent recognizable. I've also brushed up a little by learning Manga drawing techniques to make my pictures more "Anime-Like" since I'm a fan of Anime overall.

Now I have been drawing on the computer using only my Laptop, Mouse, and Imagination for around a month since March 2016 so far. I really started getting back into drawing when I made more pictures of my OC and drew things for other users on the Forum here.

Q: Can I draw your OC?
A: Yes, you have my permission to draw my OCs without notifying me. I only ask that you credit me as the creator of the OC, preserve their signature features and colors (for Akatsuki, being her 3 Eyes with Silt pupils, Crystal Necklace, Dark Kimono, and Gray Skin if you plan to color.) and not draw them in a "lewd" or NSFW manner. Otherwise you may draw them however you wish.

Completed Requests:
MinieK - OC

Requests are currently closed. You may request Terraria OCs or any sort of Human (or Human-like) characters you may have here. I also will do requests for Animal/Monster drawings in my Non-Terraria Art Thread. Requests here are mainly for Terraria characters, but I will still do non-Terraria OCs if requested.

Request Guidelines:
  • Must have at least one reference image (Just a written description won't give me a good base to work off of)
  • Along with a reference image you can provide additional details with what you would like your picture to have.
  • Can request 1-3 weapons, no more. Can be Terraria or Non-Terraria based.
  • You may request several types of backgrounds for your drawing. If you don't specify one, I'll decide what background seems the best for what you want.
  • Specify a general size you would like your request to be. Either Small or Medium. Small being around 200x200 Pixels (Avatar Size), Medium anywhere from 500-1000 Pixels in length and width.
  • You may request up to 3 characters per drawing request.
  • Can only have 1 request at a time. (If you wish to make another separate request, you must wait until I finish your previous request.)
  • Do not request anything NSFW or anything that breaks Forum Rules.
  • I give no guarantees for when requests are completed. They will get complete when I have enough time and want to draw.
  • I assume you will have a name for your character if you are making a request here whether it be your name or your OC's Name, but if for some reason it doesn't have a name I highly recommend making one, because otherwise I will make my own name for your character and it is highly likely you won't like it.

Before I end the Opening Post, I'd also like to say thank you to some of the people here on TCF who have inspired me in some way shape or form to get back into drawing art. And who continue to inspire me to not give up drawing, no matter how difficult it may be.

Special Thanks to:

@Leinfors @Pepsi @MagnificentMicrowave @ppowersteef @Szaila

Last edited:
This character is creative! ;)
I would like to advise that if you have drew a long time ago, try drawing on paper first! If you'd like to make digital drawings, you can also try to scan/take a photo of a paper drawing, and then follow the lines in a drawing software. That helped me a lot, because I can't really draw on the computer. ;)
I hope I helped! And don't give up! ;)

Considering I made the Color Scheme of Akatsuki unintentionally similar to the Corruption, I decided to make a "Crimson" version of Akatsuki (Which is mainly just a recolor)

Akatsuki OC Crimson Version.png

I drew Akatsuki's original Human Form here. Yes she was originally a Human in the Heian Era of Japan before consuming Demon Meat gaining her current appearance.
Akatsuki Human v2.png

Backstory:

Akatsuki was born as a Human in the Heian Era of Japan around the year 800 not too far from the City of Kyoto in a nearby village. What made Akatsuki unique on being born was that she was born with a 3rd Eye, being an ultra rare trait among the Yuki Clan which Akatsuki was born into. The village elders proposed to gorge out this 3rd eye for fear it would make her a target of prejudice and the Demons which they fought against, but Akatsuki's parents opposed this decision and took to raising her as their own.

6 Years had passed and Akatsuki was having a good life with her parents so far which began teaching her the ways of the Yuki Clan and about being a Shrine Maiden. Though no one would be friends with Akatsuki and would proceed instead to bully her because of her 3rd Eye. This upset Akatsuki, but her parents were always there to reassure her.

That ended however, when the villagers got together to march on Akatsuki's home which is a small mansion where the head of the Yuki Clan being Akatsuki's father resides. They believed that they were raising a Demon like the ones they hunted as they could not accept Akatsuki who looked like a "freak" to them. Before her parents got killed, Akatsuki's father gave his necklace to her which was a gift from her mother to her father to remember them and remind her how she was to become leader of the Yuki Clan. They then helped Akatsuki escape their burning mansion before Akatsuki's parents were killed by the villagers for not telling them where Akatsuki was.

Akatsuki's parents had told her to find their uncle who lived in solitude in a Shrine far away from the Village for he was one of the few who could accept Akatsuki. Akatsuki's uncle indeed accepted her and proceeded to raise her as his own in place of her dead parents. Completing her training as heir of the Yuki Clan, teaching her how to fight with a sword, and how to use Shrine Maiden Spells, and teaching her the ways of the world.

After reaching Age 20, Akatsuki's uncle decided Akatsuki was ready to lead the Yuki Clan. He prepared to send her off to the village she ran away from. However he didn't know that a Demon attack had destroyed the village forcing the villagers to move to another village. One villager from the nearby village had spotted Akatsuki while she was training and alerted the others. Upset that they had not killed Akatsuki back then and believing that the Demon Attack happened because they left Akatsuki alive, they captured Akatsuki and her Uncle and tortured her uncle in front of Akatsuki. Akatsuki begged for them to stop, but eventually her Uncle died from the abuse. She proceeded to free herself from the villagers who had restrained her, then fought several villagers using her battle techniques, defeated them then escaped into the wilderness.

Akatsuki cursed the villagers as she ran, not understanding why she and the ones she loved had to be punished just for her having a 3rd Eye. It was there that she vowed to kill the villagers eventually and detest other humans for their mistreatment of those who are different. In the wilderness however, Demons roamed free and Akatsuki killed many everyday just to stay alive. While she wasn't injured from any Demon attacks, she was getting hungry not having food from being on the run for several days. After 10 days have passed with minimal food and water, Akatsuki looked at the corpses of a Frog and Cobra Demon she just killed and a thought occurred to her about eating their flesh as food. After all, Demons had eaten Humans since they've ever appeared alongside humans.

Akatsuki went ahead to eat the flesh of those Demons and the effects were incredible. Not only did she feel revitalized. She felt stronger, faster, and more agile than ever before. She could use Dark Magic, and actually tap into using Ice Magic. This however had the side effects of changing her appearance to have gray skin and changed her eye's pupils. As well as changing her hair and eye color. This also made her immortal and ageless and made her feel more calm and confident about herself whereas she was timid and yet kind before. Alongside this transformation came a bloodlust to get back at those who had cast her out.

Akatsuki returned to the new village of the villagers that had taken her family and cast her out, and proceeded to slaughter every one of the villagers, including the children who even then were afraid of her appearance of her 3rd eye. The Villager's warriors and other Shrine Maidens being no match for Akatsuki's Demon enhanced body and techniques.

After killing the villagers, Akatsuki had made herself a new Dark Kimono that she liked the appearance of better and cast off her Yuki Clan Miko uniform vowing to not have anything more to do with her home village as the last of the Yuki Clan. She proceeded throughout the years observing other conflicts, getting involved in those that interested her and further developing her powers. Mainly those that had outcasts whether they be external or internal features that made people outcasts, and become loyal friends with those outcasts.Being ageless from having Demon DNA meant her appearance never aged beyond 20 years which she was when she became ageless.

Now with the ability to step between dimensions she has seen many worlds including many Terraria Worlds and enjoys thinking of battle strategies for armies and collecting long lost treasure through exploring worlds like Terraria Worlds.

Do I have to have a drawing to reply to this thread?

When I open up requests, I will require reference material for other people's OCs being a picture of them. I'll also update the OP with more details about what I'll need as well to fulfill requests.

Otherwise if you just want to discuss the pictures of this thread it isn't necessary to have a drawing. :dryadsmile:

Here I introduce Akatsuki's Familiar and Partner: Kurosakura no Kami (or Kurosakura for short). It's name roughly translates to "Black Cherry Blossom God".
Akatsuki and Kurosakura no Kami v3.png

I think this is how I wanted to do Akatsuki's eyes originally. Hopefully I've gotten slightly better since my 1st drawing of Akatsuki.

I didn't have a particular creature in mind when creating Kurosakura no Kami, but I think I thought of a combination between a generic bird and a phoenix. The "pebbles" on the wings are supposed to represent feathers though I may have not portrayed them well here.

And you thought Akatsuki's necklace was just a decoration? It turns out it has several secret functions, one of those being able to summon Kurosakura and communicate with it through Kurosakura's own crystal embedded on it's forehead. That's what the wavy lines around the crystals are supposed to represent here.

Also, I created a logo that will be used in all of my future drawings so that you will know for sure it is me who created it.

So, can I request a drawing to be done?

Once requests open up then you can. It will probably be at least another week until they do as I'm still practicing. (I want to do at least 2 more drawings for practice before I take on requests) Details about them have been put in the OP under "Request Information" and I'll make an announcement here when they do open up.

Okay, I mainly made this drawing to show my rivalry with my nemesis the Hellbats from the Underworld which have caused me a lot of grief while playing Expert Mode in Terraria overall.
Akatsuki vs Hellbats.png

For this drawing I tried drawing Akatsuki from a 2/3rds perspective which may've come off as awkward, but it was necessary to try drawing characters from different perspectives. I have a Manga Drawing Tips book which I'm using to try and get better as well.

I'm also slowly, but surely learning how to use new techniques from GIMP and trying to apply them here by making things including "Energy Auras" and Smoke.

Also Good news is that I'm officially announcing that requests will open up today! There are 3 Open Slots, and more may be unlocked after that when I finish the 1st 3 people who make requests.

I've been messing around with a slightly new style along with a new Image Editing Program that someone has suggested that's more user friendly than GIMP. I played around with it a little in one of these drawings. My previous drawings I've been using a 1 Pixel Outline with a Pencil while the drawings here were done with a 3 Pixel Brush outline and 2 Pixels for minor details. I think this new style is a little better, though it is slightly harder to Color this way. The greater smoothness in detail makes it worth it in my opinion, but I'm curious whether people prefer my previous style or my newer style here.

Here I introduce a new OC I created. His name is: The Light Bringer (his real name is unknown)
The Light Bringer V4.png

He an enemy of Akatsuki and rivals her in skill and power.

Then I made something for Leinfors here. Considering he was part of an inspiration for me to pick up drawing again even though I haven't done it since high school. According to his art thread original post he had a similar position that I was in. Aside from that I simply like Leinfors! (Not in that way though :dryadnaughty:) So I felt like making him a drawing to represent him! And I haven't seen a lot of art from others of the character that represents his art thread. The Symbol that represents him is the symbol for Saturn so it felt natural to use that as the background.
Leinfors Character v2.png

Other people that I like may get surprises like this from time to time as well.

Last edited:
I've made a few new pictures which I'm posting now.
Aka KuroSakura and Oranges v1.png

Just Akatsuki and Kurosakura having a relaxing time eating oranges. Why oranges? Because oranges are cool. (I also changed my Logo slightly to fit with the more unique lettering I use for my signature).

I changed the design on Kurosakura's wings slightly, still experimenting to see what wing design would be best for Kurosakura.

Then I made this as a present for King40606. Featuring his OC in a strong pose.
King40606 Character v3.png

I no longer see a need for "request slots" so I'm going to remove them since I don't see the need for them at this rate. You just post what you want when requests are open and I'll just put requests on-hold in the event I get a large number of them (which I can't see happening...)

Last edited:
Here I made a Drawing of Xylia Silverwynd. Xylia's OC. I tried to make it a style based off of Roman style Battle Armor that still had a cool design as they requested. Xylia also wanted a Solar Eclipse themed Background so that is what I tried to make. Added Swamp Things in the background to enhance it a little as well. I tried my best to try and make the arms look "buff", but arms and fingers still remain a challenge for me. The Terra Blade's coloring was also tricky considering how many different shades are in the Terra Blade Sprite overall. Either way I'll still have a lot to improve on drawing fingers. It also got a little larger than how large I intended to make it.
Xylia Character.png

Made 2 surprise drawings for 2 different people this time. They are Pepsi and Safeman

Pepsi:
Pepsi v2.png

Safeman:
Safeman.png

Still planning out more drawings, they will naturally continue to be posted here as I finish them.

A few more Akatsuki Pictures

I dedicided to play around with redesigning Akatsuki's Kimono and a few of her other features such as her Wings, Frostspark Boots. And this is the result. This will be Akatsuki's new Kimono design until I get much much better.
Akatsuki Waterfall New Kimono.png

Then for this drawing. It was really a case of where I just "Draw what I feel" I created the Energy Pillars after creating the background and saw that I was thinking about the Nebula Pillar so I decided to add that after the Pillars. I created the Magic Circle and Akatsuki's Minions seen here from Drawing what I felt.
Akatsukis Lunar Invasion.png

Time for some more art. It's been too long since I've last made stuff.

Main thing is I'm officially introducing my 3rd OC: Tsurara. She is a Yuki-Onna who is an apprentice of Akatsuki. I think she came out pretty well for the most part. Gave her Stardust Dragon a special color scheme to match with her own colors better. And yes, what she is holding is a modified Solar Eruption Weapon. It releases super cooled Ice Energy instead of the Normal Solar Eruption which probably releases the energy of a Star.

TsuraraOriginv2.png

Then I also felt like making another picture of @Tsuki (With @Ery also included in it this time). Considering my art style has changed since the time Tsuki Appreciation Day occurred around a Month ago. A Giant Flower Forest felt good for some reason so they can now climb flowers like they are trees.

TsukiandEryV1.png

It's been awhile since I've been able to draw anything because of Classes and Finals, as well as having to move over to a new Laptop, but I've gotten some free time back so I made drawings for some more people. This time, I've made drawings for Szaila and Ghostar.

Szaila's Carula OC here:
CarulaV3.png

Not sure how I got the idea for the background, it just seemed interesting. And the green slime on the wall fits with Carula's subtle green features and makes an otherwise "clean" room look not so clean which makes it interesting to me.

Ghostar here:
GhostarV2.png

Hopefully I made Ghostar's Sword big enough, as only giant swords are worthy of Ghostar to wield! It is the largest sword I've drawn so far.

Back
Top Bottom