Weapons & Equip Bad Prefixes: Please Remove These

Less like a kid complaining about not being able to afford a toy, but more like them complaining about it being broken in the package and being unable to afford a replacement.
But the toy is still functional and only slightly damaged, and when the damages do make an actual impact, you'll probably be able to repair them, for a price. It's seriously not that big of an issue. Annoying, yes, but so is broken armor.

Successful isn't the same as good though, and most players will generally agree that they don't like excessive grinding
If it's not a good game how can it be successful?

Also I might make my own thread about suggestions. Like vanity partical and special effect modifiers, armor modifiers and weapon dyes. Maybe I'll suggest larger summons that take 2-3 away from your total summon count. They'll do more damage or might have special abilities like going through blocks or your summons summon more summons based on your attack speed or something. Maybe I'll suggest movable blocks that can go left and right, or up and down when rigged with certain mechanic stuff.

Or maybe I'll be too lazy to suggest what I have in mind on a seperate thread and go back to playing Terraria.

Last edited:
I kinda see your point here...

However, removing bad prefixes would just make the game easier. And, it would remove that sense of achievement you feel after obtaining a legendary terra blade or other such good weapon. There are ways around this problem and for that reason...

No support.

I like the bad prefixes, it adds CHALLENGE to the game. Like saving up money to reforge a weapon with broken. The only thing I would complain about is when reforging, you can get bad modifier after bad modifier.

You are looking at the problem the wrong way. Rather than removing the bad prefixes add more ways to change them. I will make a thread for one of my ideas for it, removal of the bad prefixes will do nothing for the game really.

Making money isn't that difficult. Instead of getting rid of terrible prefixes, they should make boss summoning items more renewable, like the hallowed bars instead of iron bars idea for summoning the mechanical bosses. (It's not mine, I don't have the link on me.)

One of the arguments being used was that you have to wait until you fight a goblin army to reforge. I do agree with the renewable boss item thing, but that is a separate issue.

One of the arguments being used was that you have to wait until you fight a goblin army to reforge. I do agree with the renewable boss item thing, but that is a separate issue.
The problem isn't really the method of reforging, it's the randomness of it and the fact that reforging is basically clicking a button over and over until you see the prefix you want or you run out of money.

I don't think so, only got one cup of coffee as opposed to my usual 3, trying to ignore headaches. Why don't you do it? It is likely that you will do much better than I did.

I don't think so, only got one cup of coffee as opposed to my usual 3, trying to ignore headaches. Why don't you do it? It is likely that you will do much better than I did.
If I did it, It would probably be three weeks before I actually post it because I'm slow with writing out suggestions. I could give you a few tips though:
  • I would have it choose prefixes based on value, where it will pick any prefix with a value that's slightly higher then then the current one, but not too much higher
  • I would limit it from getting the very best prefix (nothing better than superior)
  • The cost of reforging should be rounded down, so it wouldn't be too expensive when the weapon uses one unique item in it's recipe (weapons like the night's edge that only use unique items wouldn't work with this)

Back
Top Bottom