Pixel Art Beginner Spriting Guide

First sprite(MC)
94JDQEQ.png

Latest Sprite:
DWx0d3s.png

@Tunnel King @Loki @Leinfors @Kelp please pin/tack this thread again. It'll be useful for those new people who want to sprite.

It's a great guide and we would love to sticky it again, but we would rather discuss that with Balduran herself if she is available. As the lock and unpin request came from the thread creator herself over concerns for the misuse and safety of her content, we would like to take some measures and make a mutual agreement between staff and user to prevent it from being unpinned again at sudden notice - While it is a good guide, it's messy to keep pinning and unpinning it

We are by no means trying to disrespect Balduran or encourage IP theft - Those details will be discussed in private (or public) if she wishes to talk about it. This guide is great, and it will be missed if it is lost again.

Your Gif is broken.
Grox YEAY i love spore to the core... heheheh that rymed on axendent... hehehehHAHAHAHAHAHAhaaaaa... hehehehaaaaa... i remeber those dirty evil (absoulute (for giving you a quest to steal from them causing a war) Brocken) Jerks

I didnt notice if it was mentioned in the post or in a comment but how do you shade large objects? I have a VERY large npc i need to shade but i cant seem to get it to look good. Any Tips?

I didnt notice if it was mentioned in the post or in a comment but how do you shade large objects? I have a VERY large npc i need to shade but i cant seem to get it to look good. Any Tips?
You could try dithering or adding a texture. If you have a very large npc and want to shade a single large area, the shape of that area is probably not defined precisely enough. Add details or certain shapes that should stand out.

You could try dithering or adding a texture. If you have a very large npc and want to shade a single large area, the shape of that area is probably not defined precisely enough. Add details or certain shapes that should stand out.
Ok i can try to add more detail and hope that works.

Back
Top Bottom