Items Better Endless Pouches

N3koSenpai

Terrarian
So there are endless pouches, (Endless quiver and endless musket pouch) right?
EDIT:
What if there were other pouches like infinite flare pouch?
Here are all of my ideas (some of them are from samufinland :p)
- Flare Pouch
- Rocket I Pouch
- Infinite gel dispenser of some sort (for flamethrower)
- Dart Pouch

Anyway, sorry for any mistakes, Im not native english. Thanks.

Last edited:
Nah, too OP. Infinite Wooden Arrow/Musket is fine since you no longer have to care about running out of bullets/arrows (with the downside of having your DPS nerfed/losing ammo's ultility), but infinite Luminite Arrows/Chlor Bullets is OP. Might as well call ranger "Mage with no mana".

Darts? I don't really know, haven't really used them. But maybe not.

So there are normal endless pouches, (Endless quiver and endless musket pouch) right?
What if you could take any arrows or bullets and for example make endless hellfire arrow quiver or endless meteorite pouch?
Or if there were endless Dart Pouches?

Anyway, sorry for any mistakes, Im not native english. Thanks.
I guess. didnt really think about that but maybe you can nerf it or something?

Nah, too OP. Infinite Wooden Arrow/Musket is fine since you no longer have to care about running out of bullets/arrows (with the downside of having your DPS nerfed/losing ammo's ultility), but infinite Luminite Arrows/Chlor Bullets is OP. Might as well call ranger "Mage with no mana".

Darts? I don't really know, haven't really used them. But maybe not.
^^ What Mihn said.

I guess. didnt really think about that but maybe you can nerf it or something?
I believe that this has been discussed multiple times in other threads, but one thing that occurred to me that's never really been discussed is slower bullet/arrow speed. This could be a horrible idea, as I haven't thought it through completely, but it's what occurred to me as a possible idea, so I'm just putting it out there.

It would be kind of a pain to get 3996 of some ammo types, and most types don't have that much used before an infinite source would be useful. The one nice thing would be the ability to have your large selections of ammo only take up one ammo slot. The one feature that arrow and bullet variants lack is that some weapons turn the basic ammo into a special shot when used, but arrow or bullet variants override these, the regular version is most useful in this respect. I must admit though a rocket or flare pouch would be really nice additions, if you want to consider those?

I think things like "Infinite Flare Pack", "Infinite gel Blob" or "Infinite Rocket I Box" would be great, they are easy to find anyway
While Rocket I's are powerful they are still bought for only 50 copper each and can't be used for mining.
Farming for 4 full stacks of Gel would be really frustrating though.

There should be an infinite variation of the weakest of every ammo type.

The idea of weaker ammo type pouches is actually way better now that i think about it. : /
Im gonna change it and credit you is that ok?

Maybe you can choose the ammo with an Empty Pouch and you maybe need like, the crystal ball and 5 stacks of that ammo and probably 50 gold or something like that

Maybe you can choose the ammo with an Empty Pouch and you maybe need like, the crystal ball and 5 stacks of that ammo and probably 50 gold or something like that
Yes, because endless chlorophyte bullets, crystal bullets, ichor arrows, and holy arrows are so fair and balanced. Yeah let's not have infinite of any ammo type please.

Every time I read a suggestion about unlimited ammo types (which I am all for), I see the OP argument tossed around, and it's a bad argument.
OP stands for Over-Powered. Having additional unlimited ammo pouches, quivers and all that is not OP, it's Quality of Life.

All ammo types can easily be created late-game, at the cost of taking an annoying chunk of your time to harvest the ingredients. It doesn't involve anything dangerous; it just involves wasting time. Having some end-game recipe to get unlimited ammo for various ammo types doesn't make you more powerful versus other enemies or even bosses. You already have access to these ammo types. It would only remove the need of you constantly grinding for more ingredients for said ammo.

If you can create 4 full stacks of chlorophyte bullets, then you can also create a 1000 stacks of chlorophyte bullets. I'd love to see the grind removed, especially late-game, where you're already a powerful god anyway.

Now I'm not saying it has to be as easy as combining 4 stacks of chlorophyte, I'd definitely be in favour of throwing Luminite in the mix so these endless ammo items would be gated behind the Moon Lord. But once you manage to take down the Moon Lord, why not allow Rangers some end-game fun without time wasting?

TL;DR: N3koSenpai (and every other person who ever suggested this) for President.

While very cool, it's very unbalanced. Gotcha!'s quality of life argument isn't that good. Getting an unlimited holy arrow pouch (which is 20 unicorns btw) will trivialize the need for using actual ammo. The reason unlimited wooden arrow pouch exists is for exploring caves/running around (why would I use all of my holy arrows on underground hallow?) Also arrows are designed to be easy to get that's why most arrows craftables are 200. Since I love the idea maybe you can balance it by making arrows mana drain? I mean like it was created by magic afterall.

Every time I read a suggestion about unlimited ammo types (which I am all for), I see the OP argument tossed around, and it's a bad argument.
OP stands for Over-Powered. Having additional unlimited ammo pouches, quivers and all that is not OP, it's Quality of Life.

All ammo types can easily be created late-game, at the cost of taking an annoying chunk of your time to harvest the ingredients. It doesn't involve anything dangerous; it just involves wasting time. Having some end-game recipe to get unlimited ammo for various ammo types doesn't make you more powerful versus other enemies or even bosses. You already have access to these ammo types. It would only remove the need of you constantly grinding for more ingredients for said ammo.

If you can create 4 full stacks of chlorophyte bullets, then you can also create a 1000 stacks of chlorophyte bullets. I'd love to see the grind removed, especially late-game, where you're already a powerful god anyway.

Now I'm not saying it has to be as easy as combining 4 stacks of chlorophyte, I'd definitely be in favour of throwing Luminite in the mix so these endless ammo items would be gated behind the Moon Lord. But once you manage to take down the Moon Lord, why not allow Rangers some end-game fun without time wasting?

TL;DR: N3koSenpai (and every other person who ever suggested this) for President.
Hmm, actually now that I think about it. It would be balanced if they had a similar crafting scheme to the current endless pouches, but using the Ancient Manipulator as the crafting station instead of the Crystal Ball. The lunar events are real ammo chuggers and that's the time you'd need it most anyway.

You want to know why the OP argument is thrown around so much? Because people want them in early hardmode when they suggest these things, NOT endgame.

But using the Ancient Manipulator as the crafting station instead of the Crystal Ball.
The issue with that is that the only pouches people would craft that way are holy arrows, crystal bullets, and chlorophyte bullets (don't just say I missed one, that's not the point). This leaves every other pouch in the dust, and means we're only gonna use 3 of the items. What I would instead suggest is that higher tiers of ammo would be available to be endless later in the game, such as endless silver bullets being crafted with 3996 silver bullets and 20 titanium bars, or endless meteor shots being crafted with hallowed bars, and chlorophyte being one of the few gated to the manipulator. This way all pouches are still viable at some point throughout the game.

The issue with that is that the only pouches people would craft that way are holy arrows, crystal bullets, and chlorophyte bullets (don't just say I missed one, that's not the point). This leaves every other pouch in the dust, and means we're only gonna use 3 of the items. What I would instead suggest is that higher tiers of ammo would be available to be endless later in the game, such as endless silver bullets being crafted with 3996 silver bullets and 20 titanium bars, or endless meteor shots being crafted with hallowed bars, and chlorophyte being one of the few gated to the manipulator. This way all pouches are still viable at some point throughout the game.
I wouldn't use meteor shots if they required hellstone, let alone hallowed. And silver bullets only add 2 points of damage. (they seriously should be buffed to oneshot werewolves though, just for the nice detail.)

I wouldn't use meteor shots if they required hellstone, let alone hallowed.
Not sure why, they are silver bullets that pierce once, and all mechs have more than one part.
And silver bullets only add 2 points of damage.
It could be as little as 1 titanium, just to prove that you've got to that point, much like they do with the pickaxe axe.
(they seriously should be buffed to oneshot werewolves though, just for the nice detail.)
It's a nice detail, but it's also fairly overpowered. Perhaps just give them the tint that poison gives?

I don't think it's op for a currently completely useless bullet type to one shot a single enemy in the entire game.

I've registered just to join this old discussion.

Now that Journey's End has released I must say I'm sad that endless pouches are not part of the update.
Like Gotcha! mentioned, those pouches would greatly reduce unnecessary grind in the late game. Having to grind every time I need to get a specific type of ammunition (again) makes me not wanting to play ranger, even though I like the weapons.

If balancing is your only excuse to not accept more endless pouches in game, then maybe the ammunition itself is a problem of being unbalanced. For example Holy Arrows have been mentioned to being too OP as a pouch, but how is that any different from using normal Holy Arrows? They're fairly cheap to craft, only requiring a single Unicorn Horn for 200 arrows. If the crafting cost for the pouch is a problem, pump that up. If you fear the damage might be too high, it's not the pouches fault, it's the ammunition itself.

Same story applies to all types of ammunition AND (Mana) Potions.

To be fair. Journey Characters already allow you to duplicate items by researching them. Yet this does not feel right in my opinion especially with the creative/god mode aspect attached to it.

Back
Top Bottom